Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I just mentioned this.

Do you have the link/citation for this?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/article-bronco-delivery-timeline-explained.11055/

It's the last paragraph in the Ordering Section:

If you, like me, are long on Bronco facts and short on social interaction, then you too might have noticed that there’s a lot of confusion out there regarding the Bronco delivery timeline. If you go into a typical Bronco forum on the internet and ask when reservation holders will be getting their Broncos, you will invariably be given a host of, shall we say, emotive and diverse answers. They’ll range from, “Dude, it’s totally going to be summer of 2021” to, “All the signs in the stars point sometime around 27 years after the Rapture but definitely before Armageddon.”​
However, recent statements by Ford in Bronco Nation Q&As and in their official communications to reservation holders have been providing a slowly sharpening picture of what this journey will look like. Now, if you don’t want to read the rest of this article that I’ve worked really hard on, here’s a graphic to quickly explain it.​
Ford Bronco OK...How is a 2022MY Order Placed?? bronco-timeline
Still here? Aw, thanks, that means a lot. Let’s break this down. The time between now and Broncos showing up in driveways is split into three phases: ordering, planning, and production. We’ll look at each one in as much detail as we currently have from Ford.​
Ordering
First, ordering kicks off on January 19th and runs through March 19th. You can find the final order guide here. Once your order is placed, your agreement is with the dealer and you’ll need to cancel your order in order to switch. This will be a key time for dealers as converting reservations to orders will impact their Bronco allocation. You should expect to hear from dealers in January, but if you don’t hear from yours by mid-February you’d better contact them to make sure they’re tracking your reservation. For more information on ordering, check out our Ordering Q&A with Team Bronco.​
Final launch options will be available when order banks open on March 19th, but don’t worry, you can edit your order all the way until it is scheduled for production. That scheduling will be around two weeks prior to your Bronco moving down the production line, so if your order is going to be built the 3rd week of October then you will be able edit it through about the 1stweek of October.​
There will be MY21 late-availability options that you can order, currently scheduled to become available in late summer of 2021. These include the Black-Painted Modular Hard Top, the dual top options, and the all-black interior seating option for First Edition. If you select one of these options, your Bronco will not be built until that option is available. However, if you aren’t absolutely sure whether you need one of these late-availability options, you will receive a production time estimate from Ford in May and you will be able to edit your order to move your estimated delivery date earlier.​
Some announced options will not be available until the MY22. Manual Transmission with Sasquatch, body color matched modular hard tops, the white modular hard top, and roof racks on 4-Door Broncos with Sasquatch will all be MY22 options. Additionally, the slide out tailgate on 4-Door Bronco will not be installed at the factory until MY22 (still available as a dealer orderable accessory). If you can’t live without one of these options, Ford recommends that you not convert your reservation to an order yet and that you wait for more information to be released this summer. What if you just want to wait until the 2022 model year for all those extra options and new colors? Just let your dealer know and they can take your name down for a MY22 Bronco order.​
Planning
The planning phase is when Ford will work out what gets built when. In materials reviewed by Bronco Nation, Ford notes three variables that impact estimated customer delivery times: timestamp on your reservation, dealer allocation, and options that you order on your Bronco. In other words, your place in line, how many Broncos your dealer will be able to sell, and the availability high-demand options will determine when you get your Bronco. Ford is advising dealers to remind customers that 21MY will be a short production year running summer to December, with demand far exceeding the number of units they can build. In comparison, for a product like F-150, the production year generally runs from August of one year to August of the next year. In materials provided to us by Ford, approximately 30% of Bronco reservations will be produced in MY21. That percentage will change depending on order cancelations.​
Ford is also committing to frequent communications with dealers to manage the wait time. We expect this to include Bronco test drives through the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP), newsletters, and invitations to local Bronco events. You will likely see Broncos seeded to content creators, adventure travel influencer initiatives, and other marketing efforts kick into high gear during this period as well.​
Now what if you put your order in during the ordering phase, then change your mind about something during the planning phase? Contact your dealer and edit your order. According to Ford, there will be a build and price update that goes live in March. The update will add additional accessories and there will be no major product changes for the MY21, but if you see something that impacts your build, you can edit it with your dealer.​

Delivery
The number one question about the 2021 Ford Bronco is, “When will I have mine?” As stated above, that depends on several factors, but for some lucky folks, Ford is saying June. Remember that Ford will build many FCTP vehicles for dealerships prior to building any that will go to customers. Grabbing the first year of a vehicle that hasn’t been built before is always a risk, but this timeline should help validate the final production processes and give early adopters a better chance of not receiving a vehicle with the kind of issues that an all-new vehicle may have in its initial run. Additionally, some of the major mechanical components of the vehicle, like the engine and the transmission, have a good deal of history in other parts of the Ford showroom and are less likely to have early adopter issues. Time will tell.​
So, when can you expect to get it? If you get your order in by March 19th, Ford is planning to send a delivery estimate to you in May. Undoubtably, there will be wild conjecture across the internet as people try any number of methods to divine a date. These attempts to figure out a delivery estimate from banking reservation numbers and timestamps are unlikely to provide a better idea of when you’ll get your Bronco than Ford’s estimate, but hey, it gives us something to do while we wait. Also, Ford is providing an estimated allocation to dealers and the timestamps of all their reservation holders today, so your dealer should have an estimate of when you will get your Bronco. Additionally, your dealer may contact you with some options for moving your Bronco delivery time up in exchange for settling for a different Bronco build. This should help folks with a hard deadline for when they need a new vehicle. If your lease is up and your Bronco isn’t going to be delivered in time, this rough estimate should give you a chance to not convert your reservation to order unnecessarily.​
Then we will wait. We will wait a stretch of time that will feel interminable for many. It’s a long slog from January 19th to the first deliveries in June.​
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just read in the Detroit News that reservations not converted to orders by March 19th will be automatically converted to MY22 reservations.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just read in the Detroit News that reservations not converted to orders by March 19th will be automatically converted to MY22 reservations.
I guess we'll just have to wait until within a week of the deadline to hear it officially. If trends stay the same.

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read in the Detroit News that reservations not converted to orders by March 19thautomatically will be converted to MY22 reservations.
That would be a good way to handle it! Less work on Ford, the dealers and customers placing 'fake' orders to game the system to push to MY22. Hope it's true! (as long as I keep my place in line that is ;) )

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much for that link. I really appreciate it when someone can point to something!

Like I said earlier... I’m worried what they mean is if you *must* have a MY22 and don’t want to risk getting a MY21, you should cancel your order and then just start fresh when MY22 ordering starts.

Maybe not bad advice, I imagine by then there won’t be too many MY21 orders ahead of you... but if my interpretation is correct, it means you lose your reservation place in line... but..: not that big of a deal if you want to wait that long anyway.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But what if a customer wants the Sasquatch package with manual transmission? Or a white painted roof?
Best way is to probably cancel your order and then reorder that will surely kick you out of a 21 into a 22

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to chime in and I just saw someone in another thread say that someone during a BN q&a said you could ask your dealer to hold your reservation until MY22...

...but I don’t remember hearing or seeing that anywhere myself.

I want to acknowledge this piece of info, but I’m not personally confident saying it’s the case right now, especially if the consequence for getting it wrong could be you losing your reservation.
I recall reading somewhere that each dealership could prioritize within their dealership orders, which order should be built first, second, third, twenty seventh. But that is what I recall.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall reading somewhere that each dealership could prioritize within their dealership orders, which order should be built first, second, third, twenty seventh. But that is what I recall.
I remember that as well. That’s how regular dealer ordering works, and it was being surmised Bronco would be the same. (I also remember some insider talk about for Ford was requiring a certain minimum priority.)

Ford has been pretty clear they they are going to schedule the builds themselves... but I could see how there might be some wiggle room at the dealer level, especially if allocation is a choke point and some customers would prefer to wait while others would prefer not to.

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you very much for that link. I really appreciate it when someone can point to something!

Like I said earlier... I’m worried what they mean is if you *must* have a MY22 and don’t want to risk getting a MY21, you should cancel your order and then just start fresh when MY22 ordering starts.

Maybe not bad advice, I imagine by then there won’t be too many MY21 orders ahead of you... but if my interpretation is correct, it means you lose your reservation place in line... but..: not that big of a deal if you want to wait that long anyway.
Yes, too many speculation threads lately.... I assume BN is in the know, so it should be fairly accurate (by Ford's standards anyway).

I have two late reservations - Aug 4 and Oct 1. I imagine both those will be MY22. I'd hate to get out of line and then be ordering an MY23. Plus, Ford is still taking reservations for the MY21...haha

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. I just mentioned this.

Do you have the link/citation for this?

I’m wondering if what they meant was literally, cancel your reservation and let the dealer know they should call you when that start taking MY22 orders.
I just read through @Mustard response citing the article. The way I interpret it is just how you alluded to above. But then @BigFootie said they read that any non-converted orders are automatically rolled over to MY22 reservations which is contrary to Ford stating previously that non-converted reservations are cancelled/refunded. ?‍♂

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you link or copy/paste the excerpt stating such?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I remember that as well. That’s how regular dealer ordering works, and it was being surmised Bronco would be the same. (I also remember some insider talk about for Ford was requiring a certain minimum priority.)

Ford has been pretty clear they they are going to schedule the builds themselves... but I could see how there might be some wiggle room at the dealer level, especially if allocation is a choke point and some customers would prefer to wait while others would prefer not to.
I also remember the dealership could sign values between like 10 to 19. Maybe Ford can override with 1-10? Dunno.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/article-bronco-delivery-timeline-explained.11055/

It's the last paragraph in the Ordering Section:

If you, like me, are long on Bronco facts and short on social interaction, then you too might have noticed that there’s a lot of confusion out there regarding the Bronco delivery timeline. If you go into a typical Bronco forum on the internet and ask when reservation holders will be getting their Broncos, you will invariably be given a host of, shall we say, emotive and diverse answers. They’ll range from, “Dude, it’s totally going to be summer of 2021” to, “All the signs in the stars point sometime around 27 years after the Rapture but definitely before Armageddon.”​
However, recent statements by Ford in Bronco Nation Q&As and in their official communications to reservation holders have been providing a slowly sharpening picture of what this journey will look like. Now, if you don’t want to read the rest of this article that I’ve worked really hard on, here’s a graphic to quickly explain it.​
bronco-timeline.jpg
Still here? Aw, thanks, that means a lot. Let’s break this down. The time between now and Broncos showing up in driveways is split into three phases: ordering, planning, and production. We’ll look at each one in as much detail as we currently have from Ford.​
Ordering
First, ordering kicks off on January 19th and runs through March 19th. You can find the final order guide here. Once your order is placed, your agreement is with the dealer and you’ll need to cancel your order in order to switch. This will be a key time for dealers as converting reservations to orders will impact their Bronco allocation. You should expect to hear from dealers in January, but if you don’t hear from yours by mid-February you’d better contact them to make sure they’re tracking your reservation. For more information on ordering, check out our Ordering Q&A with Team Bronco.​
Final launch options will be available when order banks open on March 19th, but don’t worry, you can edit your order all the way until it is scheduled for production. That scheduling will be around two weeks prior to your Bronco moving down the production line, so if your order is going to be built the 3rd week of October then you will be able edit it through about the 1stweek of October.​
There will be MY21 late-availability options that you can order, currently scheduled to become available in late summer of 2021. These include the Black-Painted Modular Hard Top, the dual top options, and the all-black interior seating option for First Edition. If you select one of these options, your Bronco will not be built until that option is available. However, if you aren’t absolutely sure whether you need one of these late-availability options, you will receive a production time estimate from Ford in May and you will be able to edit your order to move your estimated delivery date earlier.​
Some announced options will not be available until the MY22. Manual Transmission with Sasquatch, body color matched modular hard tops, the white modular hard top, and roof racks on 4-Door Broncos with Sasquatch will all be MY22 options. Additionally, the slide out tailgate on 4-Door Bronco will not be installed at the factory until MY22 (still available as a dealer orderable accessory). If you can’t live without one of these options, Ford recommends that you not convert your reservation to an order yet and that you wait for more information to be released this summer. What if you just want to wait until the 2022 model year for all those extra options and new colors? Just let your dealer know and they can take your name down for a MY22 Bronco order.​
Planning
The planning phase is when Ford will work out what gets built when. In materials reviewed by Bronco Nation, Ford notes three variables that impact estimated customer delivery times: timestamp on your reservation, dealer allocation, and options that you order on your Bronco. In other words, your place in line, how many Broncos your dealer will be able to sell, and the availability high-demand options will determine when you get your Bronco. Ford is advising dealers to remind customers that 21MY will be a short production year running summer to December, with demand far exceeding the number of units they can build. In comparison, for a product like F-150, the production year generally runs from August of one year to August of the next year. In materials provided to us by Ford, approximately 30% of Bronco reservations will be produced in MY21. That percentage will change depending on order cancelations.​
Ford is also committing to frequent communications with dealers to manage the wait time. We expect this to include Bronco test drives through the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP), newsletters, and invitations to local Bronco events. You will likely see Broncos seeded to content creators, adventure travel influencer initiatives, and other marketing efforts kick into high gear during this period as well.​
Now what if you put your order in during the ordering phase, then change your mind about something during the planning phase? Contact your dealer and edit your order. According to Ford, there will be a build and price update that goes live in March. The update will add additional accessories and there will be no major product changes for the MY21, but if you see something that impacts your build, you can edit it with your dealer.​

Delivery
The number one question about the 2021 Ford Bronco is, “When will I have mine?” As stated above, that depends on several factors, but for some lucky folks, Ford is saying June. Remember that Ford will build many FCTP vehicles for dealerships prior to building any that will go to customers. Grabbing the first year of a vehicle that hasn’t been built before is always a risk, but this timeline should help validate the final production processes and give early adopters a better chance of not receiving a vehicle with the kind of issues that an all-new vehicle may have in its initial run. Additionally, some of the major mechanical components of the vehicle, like the engine and the transmission, have a good deal of history in other parts of the Ford showroom and are less likely to have early adopter issues. Time will tell.​
So, when can you expect to get it? If you get your order in by March 19th, Ford is planning to send a delivery estimate to you in May. Undoubtably, there will be wild conjecture across the internet as people try any number of methods to divine a date. These attempts to figure out a delivery estimate from banking reservation numbers and timestamps are unlikely to provide a better idea of when you’ll get your Bronco than Ford’s estimate, but hey, it gives us something to do while we wait. Also, Ford is providing an estimated allocation to dealers and the timestamps of all their reservation holders today, so your dealer should have an estimate of when you will get your Bronco. Additionally, your dealer may contact you with some options for moving your Bronco delivery time up in exchange for settling for a different Bronco build. This should help folks with a hard deadline for when they need a new vehicle. If your lease is up and your Bronco isn’t going to be delivered in time, this rough estimate should give you a chance to not convert your reservation to order unnecessarily.​
Then we will wait. We will wait a stretch of time that will feel interminable for many. It’s a long slog from January 19th to the first deliveries in June.​
This was/is very well written. I found it easy to read and comprehend.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs