Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wife decided she wanted the auto. Yes, she can drive a manual. She also chose the color. Because of that, she was all in. I chose everything else. Fair enough...
Scary, that sounds like a page right out of my life experience of ordering our new Bronco. Right down to the part where she can drive a manual. Mine can, but she won't unless the world is coming to an end. Did your wife, and mine get together to hatch this plan? :D I knew I would be ordering an auto no matter the engine size. We'll use ours on long road trips, and certainly don't want a manual when I hit that inevitable 5 miles traffic jam. We haven't failed to hit one yet in the last 10 years of road trips, and I don't expect too miss one on our Bronco trips. I'm just mot that lucky.

I'm sure you're like me my friend. I like my wife to have a say when it comes to buying our play toys. I feel it gives her a vested interest in the game. Plus, she has better taste than me when it comes to accessorizing. :)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the Bronco didn't have a Stick Shift I would not even have considered it.
Same here. I really could care less what engine I get, anything from a Pinto engine up to a supercharged V-8 is fine by me. As long as it has a stick shift.

If the Bronco was auto trans only I would not buy it.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Right hand says, "manual!". Left leg says, "Automatic!"

Right leg is busy no matter what, and left hand is practicing old-timey turn signals.

For this daily driver, left leg wins.

With 4.7 gears, I'm looking forward to 10th gear, to see if I can crack 19 mpg in steady driving. . .

Besides, I might like the Bronco to be the last conveyance I buy. The first one was also a 10-speed. $70 at Zayre, in 1973. Sweet ride for a 12 year-old paper route tycoon.

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford should have only offered the manual with the 2.7l making everyone who wants a manual to pay up...like having to go to Badlands just to get the mid, high, or lux. Make the 2.7l manual with sasquatch happen Ford. I'm in!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right hand says, "manual!". Left leg says, "Automatic!"

Right leg is busy no matter what, and left hand is practicing old-timey turn signals.

For this daily driver, left leg wins.

With 4.7 gears, I'm looking forward to 10th gear, to see if I can crack 19 mpg in steady driving. . .

Besides, I might like the Bronco to be the last conveyance I buy. The first one was also a 10-speed. $70 at Zayre, in 1973. Sweet ride for a 12 year-old paper route tycoon.
Mine was a Schwinn Fastback...:)...

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mine was a Schwinn Fastback...:)...
Schwinn was BIG money. Note I spelled 'tycoon' with a lower case t. I settled for a Columbia. It taught me how to take machines apart. About the third time through I learned how to put things back together.

But, at the time, Schwinn 'Continental' FTW! Center pull brakes and everything!

Last edited:

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sold my VERY nice manual 4x4 Toyota Tacoma as soon as I saw the new Bronco with a manual transmission and Sasquatch, on the VERY FIRST DAY. Then they revealed you couldn't have that. Then after weeks of daily emails and pestering Mike Levine on Twitter, both from myself and many others, they agreed to offer ManSquatch. Then they said it would be MY22. So now, with a 1st week reservation, and no truck, and daily driving a Subaru with over a quarter million miles, here I am waiting to order my MY22 BaseManSquatch to hopefully receive it by the end of 2023.
If it doesn't happen, I'll go buy another Tacoma.
I'll be patient for what I want, but I will not compromise. No manual, no Bronco. No Squatch, no Bronco. Over $40k for the things I want, unfortunately, no Bronco...

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford should have only offered the manual with the 2.7l making everyone who wants a manual to pay up...
This is what Toyota does. In order to get the stick on a Tacoma you have to go up three packages, and have to get 4WD as well. (and the largest engine)

Which is why every time I look at Tacoma prices they are 25% more than my Bronco Build.

Sponsored

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too bad we don't have 2.7 and manual, or better yet, 5.0 and manual. I would jump all over that!

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford should have only offered the manual with the 2.7l making everyone who wants a manual to pay up...like having to go to Badlands just to get the mid, high, or lux. Make the 2.7l manual with sasquatch happen Ford. I'm in!
I have always wondered why car manufacturers treat manual transmissions as a bottom trim option. If they treated a manual as a premium option they could make bank, as for many of us, a manual is non-negotiable. 2.3 auto only is base, 2.7 with auto is $1800, 2.7 with manual is $5,000. I would pay it.

Thats why I love the basest-of-Bases that I am getting. My only 3 non-negotiable items are manual trans, cruise control, and AC. Base has all 3 for $26K (GrangeTober deal).

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Didn’t we already have discussion before? :cool: 2 doors, 3 pedals. Case closed!
Sponsored