Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My reservation is currently with Midway Ford in Roseville. They also tried to pressure me into converting to an order sooner rather than later. I'm really disappointed with them right now. I have indicated that I am holding off for a few more weeks to see what other news comes out and that I need to sit in one before ordering (which they say will be impossible).

Why does buying a new car need to be so difficult? I cannot wait for the current dealer distribution model to collapse entirely. I am unable to see what value a dealer adds at this point.

My odds of moving to Granger are above 75% at this point as they seem to have this figured out already.
I agree. A converted order is money directly in their pocket. They don’t necessarily have much skin in the game and are basically accepting the vehicle on our behalf and they know how much profit they are getting.
Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I gave my dealer the chance to sell me a Bronco at a fair price. He said if I find a dealer that was under MSRP to let him know. I called several of the MN dealers. They all said MSRP and that is a good deal everyone else is at MSRP or higher. How did they all know that and have the exact same answer?

I am looking for the number to move my reservation. I always thought a "good deal" is where both sides shake hands and walk away smiling. I think I know where to move my reservation and have that feeling.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My reservation is currently with Midway Ford in Roseville. They also tried to pressure me into converting to an order sooner rather than later. I'm really disappointed with them right now. I have indicated that I am holding off for a few more weeks to see what other news comes out and that I need to sit in one before ordering (which they say will be impossible).

Why does buying a new car need to be so difficult? I cannot wait for the current dealer distribution model to collapse entirely. I am unable to see what value a dealer adds at this point.

My odds of moving to Granger are above 75% at this point as they seem to have this figured out already.
Literally just switched to Granger. Hoping my 7/14 timestamp gets me on their allocations. They told me they were currently processing 7/15s.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Literally just switched to Granger. Hoping my 7/14 timestamp gets me on their allocations. They told me they were currently processing 7/15s.
I am looking for the phone number to do that right now too. do you happen to have the number handy? any advice?
I have a 7/19 reservation.

Found It so making call

Last edited:

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am looking for the phone number to do that right now too. do you happen to have the number handy? any advice?
I have a 7/19 reservation.
I contacted them (Granger) on Sunday through their website contact portal. Monday, Jaimie from Granger contacted me to help answer some questions I had. After speaking with her and giving Autonation a chance to match their offer (which they wouldn't) I called Ford's marketing line at 800-334-4375 to move my reservation. They have lots of orders there so I don't know where a 7/19 reservation would land you, but like I said they're currently processing 7/15s so you probably still have some time. Depending on whether your current dealer has you as one of their initial allocations it might delay your order a hit to switch, but still $1000 below invoice vs MSRP was a difference of over $2500 for me.

Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I contacted them (Granger) on Sunday through their website contact portal. Monday, Jaimie from Granger contacted me to help answer some questions I had. After speaking with her and giving Autonation a chance to match their offer (which they wouldn't) I called Ford's marketing line at 800-334-4375 to move my reservation. They have lots of orders there so I don't know where a 7/19 reservation would land you, but like I said they're currently processing 7/15s so you probably still have some time. Depending on whether your current dealer has you as one of their initial allocations it might delay your order a hit to switch, but still $1000 below invoice vs MSRP was a difference of over $2500 for me.
Someone from Granger called me last night. We went over the pricing. My dealer said good luck they are over promising. I was 2nd in line there but I will not pay ransom to get a car off the lot just to be one of the first. If I have to wait until 22 so be it. A 7-19 time stamp should be a very early 22.
Thanks for the info

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will have to call Ford back tomorrow. Just missed closing time there.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still don't get how $1000 under invoice save you $2500. Are you getting some other discount?

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Someone from Granger called me last night. We went over the pricing. My dealer said good luck they are over promising. I was 2nd in line there but I will not pay ransom to get a car off the lot just to be one of the first. If I have to wait until 22 so be it. A 7-19 time stamp should be a very early 22.
Thanks for the info
My dealer finally came clean on their allocation which is 50, they said many are differing to MY22 and i was somewhere around 100 on their current "list". I am ordering a wildtrak so it looks like i will also be a MY22 with a 7/18 reservation. They told me allocation numbers will change quarterly but i told him the way ford is i assume that number will go "down" not up.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still don't get how $1000 under invoice save you $2500. Are you getting some other discount?
Well looking at previous posts that had pricing on MSRP vs invoice, my build came out about $44,500 at invoice and $46,000 at MSRP. Autonation was offering MSRP pricing, so $46,000. Granger with $1000 off invoice comes out at ~$43,500 so $2,500 less than MSRP.

Sponsored

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t committed to Granger yet, but this was what they shared on how they will do their pricing. I would reach out to them to confirm if you are interested.

“As for a ballpark us .97 (3% markup) on the base vehicle plus .94 (6% markup) on the options and add $1,495 D&D you should be very close to invoice on the Bronco at that point...”.

It would then be either the $1000 or $1300 off of that number. I believe that is what they are offering. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You’re right! I got the $1300 under invoice because I have an x plan pin.

@tritonx100 - I would definitely reach out to them if you’re considering it at all. They’re the real deal!

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’re right! I got the $1300 under invoice because I have an x plan pin.

@tritonx100 - I would definitely reach out to them if you’re considering it at all. They’re the real deal!
I also have an xplan pin. The problem is granger has over a thousand reservations. Not quite sure how often they are going to get shipments in my 22 I will not wait 18 more months for this vehicle

JRSpeed89

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Golf R32; 17 MX5 RF; 13 F150; 01 Lotus Esprit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Submitted my order for a 4dr Sasquatch Area 51 Badlands a couple weeks ago.

I am working on changing hobbies from racing cars to off-roading. The new Bronco looks like the perfect vehicle to make that transition. I have raced cars for about 14 years so I have plenty of time behind a wheel but not much off road. I did own a 1999 Isuzu VehiCross for a while and played with that in the dirt a bit but I am hoping to do much more with the Bronco.

Who else planning to take their Bronco off-roading?

Last edited:

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any of you have any luck working with a local dealer? If so, what kind of price did you get? I’m considering moving my 7/14 backup reservation to MY’22 and wanted to check before moving it to Granger too. Thanks!
Sponsored