Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the recent news on getting pushed to 22, I’m seriously thinking about going the Defender route. I’ll be spending quite a bit more, but I’m already getting buy-in from the family. Maybe I’m just bitter, so I’m gonna wait a while until the dust settles, but I’m definitely leaning that way. One BIG advantage of the Defender over the Bronco is towing capacity. Not close there, and that’s an important piece for me.
I jumped on a Defender in transit to a dealer near me. 2022 Defender 90 X-Dynamic S in Tasman Blue. It’s not exactly what I would have ordered as it doesn’t have the off road package, so no rear e locker or off road tires but I can put all terrains on it easily enough, and if I’m honest with myself I’m never going to need the locker where I go.

Your comment on towing is very true. The tow rating on the Defender was eye opening for me for sure. And the two door 90 rows the same as the 110.

Anyway, I figure I can run this Defender a few years and if I want a Bronco then I can make the switch. I bailed on my reservation last fall actually, and bought a sports car. Just kind of fell into this two door defender deal so I’m taking it and will enjoy it until Ford sorts out all the issues. I love the Bronco but I’m cool to wait at this point and just run something else.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Look what I found in my neighborhood! I saw it get trailered in this weekend and had to drive by and take a look. Does this belong to any of you?
Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? 61C07DC2-1D12-41C5-B30F-B4F12E289A7D

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the west metro area and will be retiring to the Brainerd Lakes area in less than two years when our youngest is off to college. I have a 4dr Outer Banks, Area 51, 2.7L with Sasquatch on order with Metro Ford Eden Prairie. My reservation date is 7/20(1/29/20 order) and I'm waiting on the MIC hardtop so I'm not expecting mine before June.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the recent news on getting pushed to 22, I’m seriously thinking about going the Defender route. I’ll be spending quite a bit more, but I’m already getting buy-in from the family. Maybe I’m just bitter, so I’m gonna wait a while until the dust settles, but I’m definitely leaning that way. One BIG advantage of the Defender over the Bronco is towing capacity. Not close there, and that’s an important piece for me.
We have a '18 Range Rover with the 3.0L Diesel that is my wife's daily driver and she will tell you it's the best vehicle she's ever owned. We have two jet skis and two boats that we tow with it and it pulls our 28' 6,000 pound boat with no problems. Here it is with the 26' Cobalt behind it which weighs 6,600 lbs. with the trailer.

Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 9.02.52 AM

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a '18 Range Rover with the 3.0L Diesel that is my wife's daily driver and she will tell you it's the best vehicle she's ever owned. We have two jet skis and two boats that we tow with it and it pulls our 28' 6,000 pound boat with no problems. Here it is with the 26' Cobalt behind it which weighs 6,600 lbs. with the trailer.

Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 9.02.52 AM
Since getting pushed to 22MY, I placed an order for a Defender 110. Very excited!

Sponsored

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone in the MN list ordered through Superior Ford?

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone in the MN list ordered through Superior Ford?
Superior is closer to me etc but I'm glad I didn't. Looks like they're one of the dealerships marking them up a bunch. They're listing a First Edition for 77K....Eff that. Others too. I went through Morrie's personally.

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Superior is closer to me etc but I'm glad I didn't. Looks like they're one of the dealerships marking them up a bunch. They're listing a First Edition for 77K....Eff that. Others too. I went through Morrie's personally.
I've not been able to get a response from my contact there since I changed from the dual tops to a hard top in March!? Several phone calls that, even when I get ahold of him are answered with, "I'm working with a customer right now. I'll call you back.". And no return call comes. In addition, I have sent two emails to him, and the email address I have for his manager. No reply. Made me wonder if they were still in business?!

I have not heard about them marking any up that ordered, but then again I have not heard of anyone picking one up from them. Another reason why I wondered if anyone paying attention here had gone through them. Is it just the listing you are going by, or did you hear/see more?

Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered with Granger, BL Manual 2-dr, I'm sure sometime in 2022. Picked this up to hold me over until Bronco arrives.

Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? BS corner.JPG
Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? BS Side.JPG

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've not been able to get a response from my contact there since I changed from the dual tops to a hard top in March!? Several phone calls that, even when I get ahold of him are answered with, "I'm working with a customer right now. I'll call you back.". And no return call comes. In addition, I have sent two emails to him, and the email address I have for his manager. No reply. Made me wonder if they were still in business?!

I have not heard about them marking any up that ordered, but then again I have not heard of anyone picking one up from them. Another reason why I wondered if anyone paying attention here had gone through them. Is it just the listing you are going by, or did you hear/see more?

Thanks for the input!
I don't know if anyone has ordered from them and been marked up at all, hopefully not. All I know is that they list 7 in their inventory right now and there is a window sticker link you can select to view it. Works for some of them. https://www.superiorford.com/searchnew.aspx?year=2021&make=ford&model=bronco MSRP on that First Edition window sticker says 62K....so yeah, 15K+ markup. I get supply and demand but it just rubs me the wrong way is all.

Sponsored

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if anyone has ordered from them and been marked up at all, hopefully not. All I know is that they list 7 in their inventory right now and there is a window sticker link you can select to view it. Works for some of them. https://www.superiorford.com/searchnew.aspx?year=2021&make=ford&model=bronco MSRP on that First Edition window sticker says 62K....so yeah, 15K+ markup. I get supply and demand but it just rubs me the wrong way is all.
When I ordered a Corvette a couple years ago, the information showed up on the dealer's website like that, after the car had a completion date, even though it was ordered and sold to me. Seeing those stickers online makes me wonder if those are orders that are coming in, and they've listed them to generate sales leads, or even try to have a back-up list of people to sell to should the person that placed the order fall out? I do not think anyone should be presented with, "Good news! Your Bronco is here! We've added $10k to the price, and if you don't want it we have someone that will write the check sitting over there.".

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I ordered a Corvette a couple years ago, the information showed up on the dealer's website like that, after the car had a completion date, even though it was ordered and sold to me. Seeing those stickers online makes me wonder if those are orders that are coming in, and they've listed them to generate sales leads, or even try to have a back-up list of people to sell to should the person that placed the order fall out? I do not think anyone should be presented with, "Good news! Your Bronco is here! We've added $10k to the price, and if you don't want it we have someone that will write the check sitting over there.".
Sadly there are several cases of special orders being marked up. Road and Track even reported on it. Also a green sticker means special order and blue is a regular dealer order.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know how I missed this thread but I'm hoping to get my Badlands on the 11th of next month, can't wait!

It will be my wife's but I plan on wheeling it yearly:
Apple Valley Farms in Chetek, WI
MN Go-4's in Dresser, WI
Gilbert OHV Park in Gilbert, MN

Trips to Moab and potentially South Dakota. I've currently got 7 Broncos in varying stages of modification and I'll probably order a 2 door 7 speed for myself to thrash and modify as a daily/trail runner.

Just got back from Gilbert this weekend, had a blast. I was eyeing up the trails to see where I could take the new Bronco and avoid body damage. Definitely NOT Lone Pine :D
Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? 1632842244108

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, the "official" answer to the question (when I finally was able to get someone) was that they put those prices online to slow the people from calling them. They are vehicles that have been produced on orders.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw the green special order window stickers though so that means someone ordered it and they jacked the price and customer walked. Or they're gaming the system and having friends order and then cancel. There was a memo from Ford talking about these fake orders....
Sponsored