Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me 🙂. Couldn't resist the sale on ice fishing lures!
you have the soft top I’m assuming??
How does the heater keep up so far? Do you have to blast it to maintain a comfortable temp?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fellow MN peeps. How do you figure out where to go wheeling? How do you find forest roads and trails? What apps do you use to search? What is your process for finding a new place to wheel? I'm very new to that whole process and am struggling to figure it out. ORV trails vs ATV/snowmobile trails vs forest roads, public land vs private land, normal dirt road vs actual offroad terrain... All of that is confusing to figure out without just driving somewhere and checking it out.

If you have some good recommendations of where to go, great, please share. But that isn't really the purpose of me asking the question. I'm more trying to figure out how I can find places on my own. I've researched some and watched youtube videos of how people plan trails and the resources they use are always much more useful in places like Colorado where they have a ton of offroad trails and ORV parks and what not. Not much in our area so I'm looking for some pointers.

Sponsored

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fellow MN peeps. How do you figure out where to go wheeling? How do you find forest roads and trails? What apps do you use to search? What is your process for finding a new place to wheel? I'm very new to that whole process and am struggling to figure it out. ORV trails vs ATV/snowmobile trails vs forest roads, public land vs private land, normal dirt road vs actual offroad terrain... All of that is confusing to figure out without just driving somewhere and checking it out.

If you have some good recommendations of where to go, great, please share. But that isn't really the purpose of me asking the question. I'm more trying to figure out how I can find places on my own. I've researched some and watched youtube videos of how people plan trails and the resources they use are always much more useful in places like Colorado where they have a ton of offroad trails and ORV parks and what not. Not much in our area so I'm looking for some pointers.
Find the MN Soft Roaders page on Facebook. Good resource. There is also a MN off road association.

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Like you I am new to this as well. Still waiting on my Bronco but taking my new Ranger Tremor on some gravel and low/no maintenance roads has been at least entertaining. Look up gravelmap.com for your area of Minnesota and see what you can find. Again, not rough stuff but at least it gets you out of the house!

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like you I am new to this as well. Still waiting on my Bronco but taking my new Ranger Tremor on some gravel and low/no maintenance roads has been at least entertaining. Look up gravelmap.com for your area of Minnesota and see what you can find. Again, not rough stuff but at least it gets you out of the house!
Thanks for the info. I too am awaiting my Bronco. In the meantime I purchased a Bronco Sport Big Bend and want to explore some forest/low maintenance roads. Could be a challenge with the snow.

I've taken a look see at the MN DNR website for trails... https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/az.html

Maybe we need to do a MN meetup...

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe we need to do a MN meetup...
100% count me in! I don't know anyone else in MN who goes offroading so I'd love to get together with some B6G peeps to hit a ORV park, trail, forest road, or even just a regular old gravel road which could be lots of fun in the snow! I'll gladly take some GoPro and drone footage of the group for our obligatory forum post ;)

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% count me in! I don't know anyone else in MN who goes offroading so I'd love to get together with some B6G peeps to hit a ORV park, trail, forest road, or even just a regular old gravel road which could be lots of fun in the snow! I'll gladly take some GoPro and drone footage of the group for our obligatory forum post ;)
Yea drone footage would be great, especially with snow. Anyone else interested please chime in. Anyone have any recommendations of trails to visit please list.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea drone footage would be great, especially with snow. Anyone else interested please chime in. Anyone have any recommendations of trails to visit please list.
FWIW, my wife and I were looking to maybe hit a couple back country roads the day after Christmas but haven't really planned anything, just wanted to go somewhere nice to take snowy Bronco pictures. Otherwise, I'm basically available any weekend, my jobs allows me lots of free time in the winter. Also, I have no recovery gear yet so dont get that Bronco Sport stuck in deep snow or we'll be doing a lot of digging and pushing 😅

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok if I come in a Ranger Tremor? No Bronco yet 😢

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely! The more the merrier, especially if someone gets stuck!

Anyone here familiar with MN/WI trails? Anyone have suggestions?

Once we decide on a trail/location, pick a date, we can post an invite here, meet at location X and go from there?

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FWIW, my wife and I were looking to maybe hit a couple back country roads the day after Christmas but haven't really planned anything, just wanted to go somewhere nice to take snowy Bronco pictures. Otherwise, I'm basically available any weekend, my jobs allows me lots of free time in the winter. Also, I have no recovery gear yet so dont get that Bronco Sport stuck in deep snow or we'll be doing a lot of digging and pushing 😅
I have no recovery gear yet either. Yea my Bronco Sport will be the lowest common denominator, plus I don't have any trail experience. I might be able to swing the day after Christmas, Sun 26th. I work every other weekend after Christmas weekend.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have no recovery gear yet either. Yea my Bronco Sport will be the lowest common denominator, plus I don't have any trail experience. I might be able to swing the day after Christmas, Sun 26th. I work every other weekend after Christmas weekend.
It'll be a pretty fun test having a Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Ranger Tremor together. I'll take a look at recovery ropes, been meaning to get one anyway.
Sponsored