Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That stings a little haha thats my one regret with my order, should have squatched
Well, I didn't mean it like that! LOL
Sponsored

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Affirmative! Why go all that way and NOT 'squatch it?!
LOL. Stings a little here too :p I did not get the Sasquatch. TBH it didn't seem like it was worth the 5K or so in the end especially considering how much non Squatch was. Super happy with what I have though, no doubt.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL. Stings a little here too :p I did not get the Sasquatch. TBH it didn't seem like it was worth the 5K or so in the end especially considering how much non Squatch was. Super happy with what I have though, no doubt.
I think many Broncos will see little to maybe just light off-roading and a non-Sasquatch is damn capable off-road and the smarter choice for many. I removed the Sasquatch & MIC top from my December 2021 order to get it faster but with Sasquatch wheels, 315/70 Wildpeaks, and a 1.25” lift in the front, the only giveaway is the non-Sasquatch flares. This one I’m selling to my adult daughter after I take delivery on my Sasquatched 7/20/20 reservation that I hope to get before the snow flies in October or November.
Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? 10F182AB-CE0B-4883-B280-537E7ACA1D85
Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? A4156AC6-1952-40DB-9F14-A87BB6AB374F
Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? EF4B0DD8-66E8-494D-8AEE-22D890177124
i

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure if I posted here, but I'm in Andover still waiting on my Bronco at this time.

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well ... to be clear ... I meant that in a flippant way. Not intending to insult anyone, or put anyone else's rig down. Just to make sure it's clear, lest my comments be dredged up when I decide to run for public office some day! LOL

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have experience fixing hail damage with dent removal kits? Any tips? It got me while parked at work today 😔 really small dents but it still bugs me because they are quite noticable on the giant flat hood

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is finally in MN off the train early this week or last weekend. No word when the truck will ever pick it up to bring it to my dealership though...

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have experience fixing hail damage with dent removal kits? Any tips? It got me while parked at work today 😔 really small dents but it still bugs me because they are quite noticable on the giant flat hood
Have to get ahold of a PDR guy(Paintless Dent Repair)

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have to get ahold of a PDR guy(Paintless Dent Repair)
Any idea what that typically costs, ballpark? There are probably 15-20 little dents on the hood. I was thinking about buying a PDR kit and trying it myself to save money. The kits are really cheap, but I don't want to damage the paint, having no experience using one of those. If getting it professionally done is quite a bit less than insurance deductible, I may just go that route to be safe.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea what that typically costs, ballpark? There are probably 15-20 little dents on the hood. I was thinking about buying a PDR kit and trying it myself to save money. The kits are really cheap, but I don't want to damage the paint, having no experience using one of those. If getting it professionally done is quite a bit less than insurance deductible, I may just go that route to be safe.
It varies from shop to shop honestly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your hail damage. I'm in the same boat with my Sport. How 'ya been?

Got about 5 dings on my hood while at work. A friend of mine owns a body shop up in Elk River, he'll help me out. PM me if you want to head that far north.

Finally got a build date, 6/6, then bumped to 6/13. Hope it sticks. I'm sure I've missed a bunch of trail rides. Hopefully I can get it this summer yet. Have to get the dents fixed as I'm trading it in back to Granger on my Bronco.

Edit: I think on average shops charge about $125 per dent to remove.

Edit again: Smaller dents might come out using the hot glue gun technique. Larger dents they'll go in from behind to work it out.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was quite the storm that moved through. I was on the bottom edge of it in Richfield and we didn’t have any rain or hail but my wife was downtown and she said it was wild how much hail there was. Sorry your new ride got dinged up. Even if you don’t go through insurance if you call them they’ll likely have a list of places they would recommend. Just did that with my other car and a rock chip in the windshield. They pointed me to someone that was cheaper than a Google search and could get me in same day. Doesn’t hurt to reach out to them. Good luck, sorry again for the hail dents!

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your hail damage. I'm in the same boat with my Sport. How 'ya been?

Got about 5 dings on my hood while at work. A friend of mine owns a body shop up in Elk River, he'll help me out. PM me if you want to head that far north.

Finally got a build date, 6/6, then bumped to 6/13. Hope it sticks. I'm sure I've missed a bunch of trail rides. Hopefully I can get it this summer yet. Have to get the dents fixed as I'm trading it in back to Granger on my Bronco.

Edit: I think on average shops charge about $125 per dent to remove.

Edit again: Smaller dents might come out using the hot glue gun technique. Larger dents they'll go in from behind to work it out.
Congrats on the build date!

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Previously, for some hail damage on a Jeep, I had gotten quotes from Thomas Auto Body (which is just south of Crystal airport), as well as Dent Werks PDR in Plymouth. Both found every flaw in the vehicle, beyond what I could see, and gave detailed estimates with pictures. Both estimates were in the thousands. Both asked, "Are you submitting this to insurance, or paying yourself?". Doesn't hurt to get an estimate, and tell them you are planning to pay on your own. Then you a roadmap to start with.

I discovered a spot on my Bronco that in just the right light, at just the right angle, a 1" perfect circle where the paint texture is smoother than the rest. I called it out, as I am sure the factory did a repair in the QA process. My salesperson told me I was "imagining things". He followed that with, "The body panels are aluminum, so they are light, but cannot take PDR. .... But, hey! They won't rust!". 🤨

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"The body panels are aluminum, so they are light, but cannot take PDR. .... But, hey! They won't rust!". 🤨
Sucky. I'll have to look into this. If it can't take PDR, I'm assuming a repair would be way more expensive then.
Sponsored