Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know a good body shop to handle a warranty claim? One of the mounting studs for my roof rack broke off a few weeks ago. Saw in another thread that someone else had theirs repaired under warranty. Brought mine into Superior Ford over 3 weeks ago and they still have not received approval on the warranty claim. I even sent them info for the additional premium warranty I purchased and still nothing. Idk if they are actually having a hard time getting it approved or if they are just dropping the ball, but I'm not happy about wasting this much of spring/summer waiting to put my RTT up there. Because of my job, July and August are almost impossible for me to go camping and June is ticking away as I wait for Superior Ford to figure it out.
Hey how's it going? Sorry to hear about the stud break, and the dealer issue.

May I ask how it broke, was it under load, front or rear stud? I also plan on a rtt about 125lbs, hope these factory racks can handle the load.
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey how's it going? Sorry to hear about the stud break, and the dealer issue.

May I ask how it broke, was it under load, front or rear stud? I also plan on a rtt about 125lbs, hope these factory racks can handle the load.
Front right mounting point. There are two studs under each mounting point above the windshield and one of the studs broke off while hand tightening a nut when I was installing my roofrack. Word of warning, those things are like butter, DO NOT tighten them too much or they just come right off. I was very surprised at how small those mounting studs are when I removed the OEM rack.

Just talked to Superior Ford again and they said even if they get it approved, they are scheduling over a month out, which was pretty disappointing since I started the process with them nearly 3 weeks ago. I'm getting desperate.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Front right mounting point. There are two studs under each mounting point above the windshield and one of the studs broke off while hand tightening a nut when I was installing my roofrack. Word of warning, those things are like butter, DO NOT tighten them too much or they just come right off. I was very surprised at how small those mounting studs are when I removed the OEM rack.

Just talked to Superior Ford again and they said even if they get it approved, they are scheduling over a month out, which was pretty disappointing since I started the process with them nearly 3 weeks ago. I'm getting desperate.
Dang, makes me wonder if those studs can handle the load. What RTT do you have and how much does it weigh?

No way to get stronger studs from a hardware store and install them yourself? I'm not sure how those are attached in there.

Call around to other dealers?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang, makes me wonder if those studs can handle the load. What RTT do you have and how much does it weigh?

No way to get stronger studs from a hardware store and install them yourself? I'm not sure how those are attached in there.

Call around to other dealers?
I've got the TuffStuff Alpha II tent at a whopping 141 lbs, which is why I purchased the Zroadz rack based on their advertised load capacity, but yeah, these studs don't exactly instill confidence...

Haven't tried other dealerships yet. I just tried calling Ford to see if anyone could help get the claim approved and the rep basically told me it's not her problem and that I have to go through a dealership, can't talk to anyone at Ford about a warranty claim, only the dealership...

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up my 2door Base Mansquatch from apple valley ford this past Saturday. I had them add the lock box, and tint the windows.
The first dirt was in the backyard of my son's home in Farmington. For at least one week this summer I want to go all week with the roof and doors off.
vgDLo2hl.jpg

gRGdEABl.jpg

26AJqCbl.jpg

SRkYAkCl.jpg

Sponsored

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got the TuffStuff Alpha II tent at a whopping 141 lbs, which is why I purchased the Zroadz rack based on their advertised load capacity, but yeah, these studs don't exactly instill confidence...

Haven't tried other dealerships yet. I just tried calling Ford to see if anyone could help get the claim approved and the rep basically told me it's not her problem and that I have to go through a dealership, can't talk to anyone at Ford about a warranty claim, only the dealership...
I bought mine from Superior, and I won't be back there for anything.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To whomever I ran into at Holiday today, great meeting you! Was so excited to see another 2dr that belongs to a forum member that I forgot to actually introduce myself while we were chatting; Julian here. Your rig looks awesome!

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happy Birthday to me (8/2). Brought home Esmeralda yesterday. Granger was great through the whole process start to finish.

Taller than I imagined, intimidating. Gonna be a learning curve on operating this thing. Haven't driven a stick in almost a year, this was tricky. Interior is smaller than I imagined, I see at least 1 seat delete in the future.

Put on some TAC 4" Side Steps asap.

BroncoGranger1.jpg

BroncoFront.jpg

BroncoSide.jpg

TAC Steps.jpg

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happy Birthday to me (8/2). Brought home Esmeralda yesterday. Granger was great through the whole process start to finish.

Taller than I imagined, intimidating. Gonna be a learning curve on operating this thing. Haven't driven a stick in almost a year, this was tricky. Interior is smaller than I imagined, I see at least 1 seat delete in the future.

Put on some TAC 4" Side Steps asap.

BroncoGranger1.jpg

BroncoFront.jpg

BroncoSide.jpg

TAC Steps.jpg
Congrats! 🤘 good times ahead! Looks great!

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! 🤘 good times ahead! Looks great!
Thank you! Yes would like to at least get one camping trip in this summer yet, and hit some trails.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any MN forescan gurus? Upgrading tires and need to recalibrate and would love to ditch the double honk too.I don’t have a PC (Mac family) so DIY is out for now.
Sponsored