Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who do i contact at granger to discuss? I'm a little fuzzy as to if they will be able to fill my reservation any faster as i'm not sure i understand allocations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most annoying. I just don't know if Granger is going to be able to fill all these orders. Its pretty frustrating to not hear from these folks.
Granger will be busy. I think they will fill the orders, just might. take more time.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think I read that Albert is now the Bronco guru at @Granger Ford. I have similar concerns, but I’m still likely going with Granger regardless since they’ve been so active and transparent on here. Plus, who knows what kind of markup the dealers in MSP will have.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who do i contact at granger to discuss? I'm a little fuzzy as to if they will be able to fill my reservation any faster as i'm not sure i understand allocations.
I am available during the day to visit with you ... 515 210 5592 is my cell...if I do not answer I will call the number back...

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. I will be in contact after build and price! Please reach out to me on Monday!!

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe making a switch in Jan with the date to change moved to 1/31/21. I want to give my dealer a chance to work with me.

Bronco92

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My reservation is with Granger. I’m later in the queue, but went with Granger based feedback from friends in Colorado.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're before me as I was a week after announcement. Would be cool if a dealer up here could come close to matching Granger's offer.
NC ford said they only had 112 total reservations. Claim no more than MSRP. The guy i spoke to didn't seem to have a clue that we have info from this website on allocations and how all this works. LOL

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all, just getting caught up on the MN thread here. I have a first day reservation for a Black Diamond at Roseville Midway Ford. I have 20 years of service relationship with them but never bought from them (they have serviced my Mercury Marauder since new).

With the demise of X-Plan pricing I am concerned about what they will try to charge. I am not interested in paying much over invoice (forget about MSRP) and will go to Granger if I cannot find a fair deal locally. This is not a limited edition vehicle and I will not pay extra to be "first".

I have calls out to a couple of local dealers and will post what I learn.

Sponsored

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all, just getting caught up on the MN thread here. I have a first day reservation for a Black Diamond at Roseville Midway Ford. I have 20 years of service relationship with them but never bought from them (they have serviced my Mercury Marauder since new).

With the demise of X-Plan pricing I am concerned about what they will try to charge. I am not interested in paying much over invoice (forget about MSRP) and will go to Granger if I cannot find a fair deal locally. This is not a limited edition vehicle and I will not pay extra to be "first".

I have calls out to a couple of local dealers and will post what I learn.
I called Roseville Midway Ford about a month ago and didn't get anywhere with them. They told me they didn't know what they were going to do. Autonation in White Bear Lake said they would have matched X-plan (hah!) and would not charge over MRSP. When I talked with Autonation I asked if they would do anything if I could get five/ten other reservations to move over to them. Dead silence on that question. I have two reservations. One at Hudson Ford and one at New Richmond Ford. Both called me when I made the reservation in July and that is all I have heard. When I have followed back up I get the "When pricing comes out we will know more to let you know." Not holding my breath. I sort of get the feeling that they just expect us to fall in line and not shop around. It's early in the process still considering we don't order until December, but I would like to think the dealership I am doing business with would be as passionate about selling me a car as I am about buying one.

I'm not committed to any dealer right now. Is anyone hearing much success with the other buying groups? I've never done it so I'm not sure what advantages there are or what risks we might be setting ourselves up for. Yet, I am thinking that might be the best way to get the best pricing without having to go to Granger. Thoughts? (I will also clarify a little. I have a lot of respect for what Granger is doing. I may end up there after all this is said and done.)

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not heard a thing from North Country Ford in Coon Rapids. Spoke a bit with Cornerstone in Elk River, they said they're at least MSRP, or $500 over invoice, I can't remember. In any case I still have one rev at Cornerstone, but most likely going with my rev at Granger.

With Grangers $1000 below invoice, transparency, goodwill and customer service, I'm able to bump up a trim level and not have to worry about negotiating.

Fuzznuts

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I moved my reservation from Superior Ford in Plymouth to Granger. Not impressed with the anything the metro dealerships are offering nor the level of communication/lack of planning being showed at this stage of the game. I'm more than willing to drive 3 hours to Iowa.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I moved my reservation from Superior Ford in Plymouth to Granger. Not impressed with the anything the metro dealerships are offering nor the level of communication/lack of planning being showed at this stage of the game. I'm more than willing to drive 3 hours to Iowa.
I'll be renting a car. I believe Granger will pick you up at the car rental place (hope I read that right somewhere).

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea, i'm getting annoyed with the dealers around here too. They should :

1). Be able to tell us the price at this point (i.e. no more than MSRP)
2). Communicate more and be somewhat of an expert on the vehicle process

Honestly when i spoke to albert at granger he was so knowledgable about the vehicle. Heck they will even ship the car right to you. I mean even if its 400 or $500 you are still ahead if you won't want to make the drive or fly down.

Maybe those of us in MN should work together to see if one of the local guys will cut a deal for more reservation? i'm about 75% sure i'll switch to granger as i won't pay more than MSRP. For $1000 savings i can drive the 3 to 4hrs
Sponsored