Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the threaded hole but no tow hook. Will have to track one down. You have a tow strap?
Just watch our speed and don’t do anything crazy.
I've got a snatch strap we can use if you end up tracking down a tow hook. Yeah, I'm not looking to go crazy and tear up the trail, just looking for a cool nature drive without pavement lol
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I specifically asked the DNR person about Jeeps/Broncos going down that trail and she said it was totally legal and open to regular vehicles even after grooming, not just snowmobiles and ATVs. Actually, she even said they prefer ATVs not use the trail right now, but they are allowed if they want to. She seemed to have no issue at all with SUVs taking that road, and she definitely implied that they can't legally limit the use of that road at all.

So, unless you can point us rookies in a better direction, I cant figure out where else to go and DNR says its fine to take Gandy. I spent last weekend driving around looking for alternatives and when I find roads on maps that look like they may be less used dirt roads through wooded areas that could be fun, I would get there to either find a sign that says "no motorized vehicles" or simply a locked gate. Found a couple very short (but fun) roads to drive on, but they were very short.

SOOOO... if you have any actually helpful advice on where to go, it would be very welcomed.
Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? 1642606088993

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, obviously I've seen that page. That's why I called them, to ask if it was groomed or if it was still open to ORVs. And the other link you sent also shows that Gandy Dancer is open but would close after grooming. Nothing says the current status, so I called. I'm literally just going off what the people in charge of that place are telling me.
Here's another link that says Nemadji is still "OPEN" https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/trailconditions/listing.html
But again, it does not specify what types of vehicles are currently allowed. So again, the reason I called them.

So, again, any actually helpful advice you can offer on where to go?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, obviously I've seen that page. That's why I called them, to ask if it was groomed or if it was still open to ORVs. And the other link you sent also shows that Gandy Dancer is open but would close after grooming. Nothing says the current status, so I called. I'm literally just going off what the people in charge of that place are telling me.
Here's another link that says Nemadji is still "OPEN" https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/trailconditions/listing.html
But again, it does not specify what types of vehicles are currently allowed. So again, the reason I called them.

So, again, any actually helpful advice you can offer on where to go?
We've had snow and its January 19th, the trails are groomed and you are going to piss off a ton of snowmobilers.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/map.html

Trans Minnesota Adventure Trail

Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

https://gravelmap.com/#6.76/45.161/-93.246

Some times you gotta figure it out yourself 🤷‍♂️ but I would stay off snowmobile trails in my 5200# vehicle.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We've had snow and its January 19th, the trails are groomed and you are going to piss off a ton of snowmobilers.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/map.html

Trans Minnesota Adventure Trail

Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

https://gravelmap.com/#6.76/45.161/-93.246

Some times you gotta figure it out yourself 🤷‍♂️ but I would stay off snowmobile trails in my 5200# vehicle.
Thanks for the info.

Gravelmap is what I was using last weekend but when I would get to a road I would find out its not open to ORVs at this time, only for hike, horseback, snowmobiles, ATVs, or any combo of those. Some of them marked as roads on that map were not even roads when I got there, literally just a mountain bike trail. A couple of the ones on that map were just fenced off when I got there. Theres not much info on Gravelmap about each of the roads, so driving there and checking it out seemed to be the best method but nothing really worked out and I just ended up driving all over to find nice hikes lol. Admittedly, I wasn't looking for anything real far out from the metro area. I'm sure a lot of those are great roads to drive on, especially when you get up north or further west.

Trans Minnesota Adventure Trail goes across a portion of the Nemadji and St Croix state forests and actually includes Gandy Dancer. TMAT was not specifically listed on the DNR page (probably because it is a combo of multiple trails), but I'll look into this more.

I'll check out Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail too. I've heard of this one quite a bit but always kind of planned to save it for a long weekend summer trip with some camping.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info.

Gravelmap is what I was using last weekend but when I would get to a road I would find out its not open to ORVs at this time, only for hike, horseback, snowmobiles, ATVs, or any combo of those. Some of them marked as roads on that map were not even roads when I got there, literally just a mountain bike trail. A couple of the ones on that map were just fenced off when I got there. Theres not much info on Gravelmap about each of the roads, so driving there and checking it out seemed to be the best method but nothing really worked out and I just ended up driving all over to find nice hikes lol. Admittedly, I wasn't looking for anything real far out from the metro area. I'm sure a lot of those are great roads to drive on, especially when you get up north or further west.

Trans Minnesota Adventure Trail goes across a portion of the Nemadji and St Croix state forests and actually includes Gandy Dancer. TMAT was not specifically listed on the DNR page (probably because it is a combo of multiple trails), but I'll look into this more.

I'll check out Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail too. I've heard of this one quite a bit but always kind of planned to save it for a long weekend summer trip with some camping.
I get it. I am excited to get out too. Thought about joining the MN Soft Roaders or Minnesota Overlanders groups on Facebook? I think the Soft Roaders went to Spider Lake last weekend.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get it. I am excited to get out too. Thought about joining the MN Soft Roaders or Minnesota Overlanders groups on Facebook? I think the Soft Roaders went to Spider Lake last weekend.
Yeah im in both groups as well as MN Trail Lizards. They have all been a good resource. I really wanted to go to spider lake with them but couldnt get my shit together in time, plus i've never wheeled in snow and didnt want to slow them down too much while i learn so i was pretty hesitant not knowing what to expect. Wanted to start with something easier. Did you see that an XJ caught fire on that trip? 😱

Im very excited to get out but have had a really hard time figuring out how to plan routes 😔 The info is always so vague and without experienced people with good recovery gear, im hesitant to just take any trail by myself unless i know its easy. Makes me jealous of the people out west who have tons of trails and info listed on apps like onX offroad and those sorts. I've actually asked a few times on this forum and in one of those FB groups, how do i figure out where i can go legally, how hard the trail will be, etc... but never got much help other than suggested apps (with no trails near the cities) or the DNR page which can sometimes be confusing to figure out conditions, difficulty, and allowed vehicles.

Im really looking forward to more people in MN on this forum getting their Broncos and doing some trails together. But i'll definitely be joining those FB groups on the next outtings, they were all very nice and willing to take beginners since they have great recovery gear and experience.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im really looking forward to more people in MN on this forum getting their Broncos and doing some trails together. But i'll definitely be joining those FB groups on the next outtings, they were all very nice and willing to take beginners since they have great recovery gear and experience.
Thorp to Sparta is probably doable in a Bronco. It's a section of the TWAT that I had to skip some of because of getting too dark. Was going to go back on my bike last summer but never found the time.

Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? 743F3646-B5B4-4C68-AB4E-C18AC86015EF

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Someone Already dumping in mn. I wonder why?

A40B3F40-7B6A-4DC8-AC3B-0A1A97821561.png

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Me and @dejones64 took a little drive last weekend on a couple forest roads at Nemadji. First half of the day was on a plowed logging road, Park Forest Rd to Park Truck Trail. The second half was unplowed, Net Lake Forest Rd to Sfr 4A. Unfortunately I didnt realize my GoPro died mounted to the outside and I missed the whole unplowed road! Sad. But it was a fun day! The Bronco Sport did surprisingly well through the deeper stuff, never got stuck! Which is good because it was too damn cold to stand around outside much, also why i dont have any videos from outside lol. Looking forward to getting off the pavement with more Broncos!

armand0609

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello All! New MN owner here. I picked up my 2022 Badlands Sasquatch with the 7-sp on Thursday. It was an order that someone else abandoned, but I had a good referral at the dealership and was able to get it for MSRP. Really excited to join the off-road community here. I am planning to pick up some safety items this weekend and hopefully I can join a trip in the coming weeks. Based in the south metro (Lakeville).

PXL_20220127_214039007.jpg

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All! New MN owner here. I picked up my 2022 Badlands Sasquatch with the 7-sp on Thursday. It was an order that someone else abandoned, but I had a good referral at the dealership and was able to get it for MSRP. Really excited to join the off-road community here. I am planning to pick up some safety items this weekend and hopefully I can join a trip in the coming weeks. Based in the south metro (Lakeville).

Ford Bronco Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!? PXL_20220127_214039007
Welcome! Glad to see another MN owner on here! That was me on FB with the B6G link.

SogBecks

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has already been covered, but is there a list or schedule of events you all watch for to join for taking the Bronco off-road? The most I do is my family has 80 acres off minimum maintenance roads in north-central MN. Could be fun to be part of something a bit more organized and get the family involved (I have 3 boys ages 7-3).

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this has already been covered, but is there a list or schedule of events you all watch for to join for taking the Bronco off-road? The most I do is my family has 80 acres off minimum maintenance roads in north-central MN. Could be fun to be part of something a bit more organized and get the family involved (I have 3 boys ages 7-3).
This thread, or the Midwest Bronco Bros & Sis group on this forum are probably good places to watch for Bronco outings. I've noticed MN Soft Roaders and Minnesota Overlanders FB groups seem to be pretty active too, but only a couple Broncos in those groups so far.

Im hoping by spring we have a decent number of people in this thread that have taken delivery and can plan bigger outings.
Sponsored