Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey...
Iowa is beautiful. It’s God’s country...
?
You are correct. I actually lived in Waterloo, IA for a couple years back in the 90's.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a reservation at Hudson Ford and New Richmond Ford. Hudson Ford has reached out to me twice, but won't commit to anything. They keep telling me that final pricing is not out so they can't tell me if there will be any ADM's. New Richmond Ford has not reached out to me beyond the first e-mail. I called them and they said "they didn't believe there would be any additional charges or stuff like that." Neither would say if they will take the X-plan. I am looking to move both of them. Part of me is thinking with having two I should be able to negotiate some sort of better pricing if I go with two different dealers.
Yea having 2 diff dealers is probably a good idea. The Elk River dealer said no ADM's or extra charges. He said there are so many unknowns at this point, they don't even have all the info yet. I have a feeling they will ding us good on the optional items.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve emailed Morrie’s twice asking about ADM and haven’t received a response. At this point, I’m thinking of transferring to either Apple Valley or Granger.

I’m also not sure if I’ll go through with my FE reservation or switch. I‘m really not a fan of the colors (interior or exterior) on the FE. Will one of you decide for me?

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve emailed Morrie’s twice asking about ADM and haven’t received a response. At this point, I’m thinking of transferring to either Apple Valley or Granger.

I’m also not sure if I’ll go through with my FE reservation or switch. I‘m really not a fan of the colors (interior or exterior) on the FE. Will one of you decide for me?
Not getting a response from a dealer irks me. That's why I switched one of my reservations to another dealer. I have thought about Granger, over 4 hour drive (I know not much compared to others out here), trying to workout the logistics of a ride (I'm not flying)... will I save all that much after it's all said and done?!

Yea FE only has a few colors. When this all started I wanted AM Blue. Now it's not even on my list as there are just too many shades of blue out there. I want something that's not real popular. Right now I want Area 51, which is offered on the FE. If I were to get an FE my colors would be in order: A51, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange, CG. I'm really starting to like the Rapid Red, wish it was a bit darker.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A little late to this but glad to see a MN thread. Kind of new to offroading and dont know anyone that goes. Would love to get together with some MN folks to hit trails and learn.

Got a reservation at North Country Ford for a 2dr Big Bend but likely going to switch to the Black Diamond. Originally thought i would get the BB Sasquatch but that is probably overkill for anything i'll be doing. BD should give a little more capability plus that sweet bumper and bash plate! Washout interior is a nice bonus too for muddy hikes and that damn winter salt!

I previously owned an '83 Bronco XLT and after that a '95 Bronco XLT. Been waiting a long time to get back into a Bronco!

Sponsored
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A little late to this but glad to see a MN thread. Kind of new to offroading and dont know anyone that goes. Would love to get together with some MN folks to hit trails and learn.

Got a reservation at North Country Ford for a 2dr Big Bend but likely going to switch to the Black Diamond. Originally thought i would get the BB Sasquatch but that is probably overkill for anything i'll be doing. BD should give a little more capability plus that sweet bumper and bash plate! Washout interior is a nice bonus too for muddy hikes and that damn winter salt!

I previously owned an '83 Bronco XLT and after that a '95 Bronco XLT. Been waiting a long time to get back into a Bronco!
Welcome! Cool, I have one at North Country too. Sticking with 2dr BigBend. I looked at the Black Diamond but thats more of an off-roader with the washout interior etc. I like some of the features so maybe alacarte for the Big Bend. I wanted Sasq in the beginning but decided against because I want the manual transmission, plus yes it would be overkill for what I want to do.

Jut

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Subaru Outback, 19 Cherokee Trail Hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Duluth,

CG 4 door Badlands for us.
Benna Ford in Superior WI but thinking about a swap if they have ADMs or something.

Lots of logging roads and forest up here to play in, i had a JK Rubicon which I used a ton off road.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Duluth,

CG 4 door Badlands for us.
Benna Ford in Superior WI but thinking about a swap if they have ADMs or something.

Lots of logging roads and forest up here to play in, i had a JK Rubicon which I used a ton off road.
Cool, looking for people familiar with MN off-road locations!

Reactions: Jut

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Far North Metro here.
Decided to put the $100 reservation towards a 2 door Black Diamond. Don Johnson Motors in Cumberland Wisconsion is my dealer. I have enjoyed many Fords, worked at the assembly plant when we were building LTD II cars there. I guess that dates me with a little bit.
Previous similar vehicles:
1969 Jeep CJ
1995 2 Door Escape
1997 Jeep Wrangler
2005 Jeep Wrangler
2016 Jeep Wrangler
There were a few other 4x4 SUV's in there that were mainly my wifes vehicle, and a couple of other Ford pickups.
I am also still driving (and keeping) my 2000 F250 XLT Lariat, 4X4, 7.3 Powerstroke. I custom orderd this truck in September 1999 and finally took delivery on April 15, 2000. I am sensing a trend here with the long wait.
Because of the realibity issues I have had with my Jeeps, I am glad Ford has finally decided to join in the game and give me a choice.

quaddy2020

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking for the people in MN patiently (maybe not so) waiting on the new Bronco...

Dan
Zimmerman
Reservation at North Country Ford Coon Rapids: 2-dr Big Bend, manual, AM Blue or Area 51

I understand there are a few 4x4/Off-road clubs in MN.
Mike
Reservation at Morries MTKA Ford: 4-dr Outerbanks. Looking for off roading in MN as well.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone been to Spider Lake? Seems like a cool spot. Wondering if thats a good place for beginners. Also Mesabi Mountain Trail looks awesome but definitely a step up in difficulty.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone been to Spider Lake? Seems like a cool spot. Wondering if thats a good place for beginners. Also Mesabi Mountain Trail looks awesome but definitely a step up in difficulty.
Never been, seen youtube videos. Does look like for beginners, some sections a little more challenging. The deep mud is what worries me, I won't have a winch. Also depends on what tires come with Big Bend, how aggressive the tread will be.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another place that looks fun but far more than my beginner level is the Iron Range/Gilbert off-road trails. Some of the trails may be for beginners but looks like the place to be in MN.

Here's a link to a ton of 4-wheel groups in MN and surrounding areas. https://www.mn4wda.org/clubs/ Anyone a member?

Berggie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking in from Mn.
My reservation is/was with Hayford Ford in Isanti, MN.
Since July 14th they never acknowledged that they received my reservation or even call or email to say hello. Sept. 4th I called to talk to their Bronco expert , they told me to email not call him so I emailed to ask if they would commit to invoice pricing or below invoice like others have. His answer in an email to me was that there is a 1-800 number to call and switch dealers, no indication of wait and see or anything just go away.
I will follow his advice and switch dealers. I and my family have purchased 7 new vehicles from them but no more!
I am going to Granger 4 door Badlands squatched, 2.7 and Lux with dual tops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checking in from Mn.
My reservation is/was with Hayford Ford in Isanti, MN.
Since July 14th they never acknowledged that they received my reservation or even call or email to say hello. Sept. 4th I called to talk to their Bronco expert , they told me to email not call him so I emailed to ask if they would commit to invoice pricing or below invoice like others have. His answer in an email to me was that there is a 1-800 number to call and switch dealers, no indication of wait and see or anything just go away.
I will follow his advice and switch dealers. I and my family have purchased 7 new vehicles from them but no more!
Welcome Ken. Wow that seemed rude of them. Telling you to switch dealers, guess they don't want any business. Told you to email and not call... So many red flags. Sorry about your current experience, especially with your history of purchasing from them.
Sponsored