Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea, i'm getting annoyed with the dealers around here too. They should :

1). Be able to tell us the price at this point (i.e. no more than MSRP)
2). Communicate more and be somewhat of an expert on the vehicle process

Honestly when i spoke to albert at granger he was so knowledgable about the vehicle. Heck they will even ship the car right to you. I mean even if its 400 or $500 you are still ahead if you won't want to make the drive or fly down.

Maybe those of us in MN should work together to see if one of the local guys will cut a deal for more reservation? i'm about 75% sure i'll switch to granger as i won't pay more than MSRP. For $1000 savings i can drive the 3 to 4hrs
I hope to get some real pricing numbers from local dealers this week but I do understand that dealers can be busy too and its the last week of the month so selling current inventory is priority one. My intention is to be calm and patient giving them every chance to keep my reservation but in the end it all comes down to the out the door cost.

Let's not forget the big difference in price between invoice and MSRP. I figure it to be about $2600 on my $45000 build. That is the money I am concerned with. The additional $1000 discount from Granger makes them very like to get my business. (I.e Granger is $3600 less than MSRP).

I'm not aware of any reason to be in a hurry to switch where the reservation is at this point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope to get some real pricing numbers from local dealers this week but I do understand that dealers can be busy too and its the last week of the month so selling current inventory is priority one. My intention is to be calm and patient giving them every chance to keep my reservation but in the end it all comes down to the out the door cost.

Let's not forget the big difference in price between invoice and MSRP. I figure it to be about $2600 on my $45000 build. That is the money I am concerned with. The additional $1000 discount from Granger makes them very like to get my business. (I.e Granger is $3600 less than MSRP).

I'm not aware of any reason to be in a hurry to switch where the reservation is at this point.
Gotta calculate in the taxes...

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't disagree with you at all. I will give them the opportunity to give me their best deal but once the order banks are open i want mine in. So that gives them until maybe the 2nd week of November. Let us know what kind of deal you are getting and we can all do the same. We do have the leverage here when it comes to where we shop. Odd are is i'll end up with granger if the local guys don't get their act together. Albert was honest and fair on my talk with him via phone and you can tell he knows the product.

What really is upsetting is the dealers are getting their discounts while those of us with x-plan (i.e. the real customers) get the shaft. The sales guy i spoke to ordered a big bend for himself and said he expects to save around $3400. that is BS.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wish you guys the best with the local dealers. As I mentioned in a previous post, I emailed Morrie’s 3 times and never received a response. I’ve switched to Granger and I’m not looking back. The only thing I have to decide now is if I’m still going with the Bronco or try to find a good deal on a Raptor.

I was really hoping for a surprise with the build & price on the First Edition, but it’s still nothing more than a fully optioned rig with different stickers. If I go through with the Bronco it will likely be a Badlands. I’m just waiting to see if the configurations on the build and price are correct or if there are bugs to be worked out.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I received a call yesterday from a local dealer that I reached out to a while back about getting on a waiting list for the Bronco and discussed pricing at a high-level. I mentioned that I had moved a reservation to @Granger Ford for $1000 under invoice and he questioned the honesty of the offer with something like, “but is that the price you’re really going to get when you go pick it up.” I pointed him to this forum for additional information. He was nice enough, but this conversation sealed the Granger deal for me. My concern now is finding a dealer I trust for maintenance. Good times!

Sponsored
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I received a call yesterday from a local dealer that I reached out to a while back about getting on a waiting list for the Bronco and discussed pricing at a high-level. I mentioned that I had moved a reservation to @Granger Ford for $1000 under invoice and he questioned the honesty of the offer with something like, “but is that the price you’re really going to get when you go pick it up.” I pointed him to this forum for additional information. He was nice enough, but this conversation sealed the Granger deal for me. My concern now is finding a dealer I trust for maintenance. Good times!
Yes my thinking too. Buying from Granger but will have to find a place up here to service it. I live near Cornerstone in Elk River but have a reservation there too that I’ll probably end up cancelling. Hate to burn bridges.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just wish a twin cities dealer would finally realize that Granger is a short drive for a big savings! We would gladly keep our business local if we could at least get a competitive price but being this close to Granger is going to take a much better deal than simply no markup over MSRP.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just wish a twin cities dealer would finally realize that Granger is a short drive for a big savings! We would gladly keep our business local if we could at least get a competitive price but being this close to Granger is going to take a much better deal than simply no markup over MSRP.
Yea I agree. There's money to be made in those willing to pay MSRP. More about the money than customer relations.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello future MN Bronco wanna-haves! What color are you leaning towards!? ?

A51 here, on the Black Diamond, with that bluish interior trim stuff.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the same exact thing actually. Been high on A51 since i first saw it but lately I've been considering cactus because it seems like a ton of people are now choosing A51. I like cactus but not as much as A51 and cactus has been hard to figure out with all the different looking pictures, seems a little to green/blue and not enough gray for me but until I see it IRL on a bronco sport in december, hard to decide

Sponsored
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the same exact thing actually. Been high on A51 since i first saw it but lately I've been considering cactus because it seems like a ton of people are now choosing A51. I like cactus but not as much as A51 and cactus has been hard to figure out with all the different looking pictures, seems a little to green/blue and not enough gray for me but until I see it IRL on a bronco sport in december, hard to decide
Yea not many were on the A51 wagon until that Overlanding ride came out. Now everyone wants it. Problem is there aren't other colors I liked, other than Antimatter Blue but that's just too dark for me. Maybe rapid red but I'm not a red kind of person, unless it was a darker-maroonish.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea not many were on the A51 wagon until that Overlanding ride came out. Now everyone wants it. Problem is there aren't other colors I liked, other than Antimatter Blue but that's just too dark for me. Maybe rapid red but I'm not a red kind of person, unless it was a darker-maroonish.
100% right about that overlanding rig, why couldnt it have been silver or some stupid color? Lol. I kind of like the carbonized gray and shadow black looks nice too but they are just kind of boring. Shadow black would look a whole lot better if there wasnt 50 shades of gray trim/roof to ruin the blackout look. Already owned a white bronco once, heard enough OJ comments that im just going to pass on that one.

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Exactly what I have been planning as well.

Again we are thinking alike; I would love something close to the MN highway patrol maroon.

I desperately need to see A51 in person. Cactus and Carbonized are my current fall back choices.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are in the Rochester Mn area, have you tried Zumbrota Ford? He is the DEALER FOR THE PEOPLE! I'm not surprised Rochester Ford wouldn't be too aggressive to discount.

I haven't reserved anywhere yet, but damn... I want to!!!!!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are in the Rochester Mn area, have you tried Zumbrota Ford? He is the DEALER FOR THE PEOPLE! I'm not surprised Rochester Ford wouldn't be too aggressive to discount.

I haven't reserved anywhere yet, but damn... I want to!!!!!
Im in the twin cities area. Im 99.9% sure im switching to Granger but im giving the local dealers some time to figure pricing out before i switch.

But honestly at this point i appreciate the transparency and customer service from Granger so much that it would take quite an amazing deal to keep me local. Ive never had a good experience at a dealership, ever. Not a fan of the saleman type personality and i always get the feeling they are hiding something. Granger gives me comforting feelings lol
Sponsored