Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are in the Rochester Mn area, have you tried Zumbrota Ford? He is the DEALER FOR THE PEOPLE! I'm not surprised Rochester Ford wouldn't be too aggressive to discount.

I haven't reserved anywhere yet, but damn... I want to!!!!!
Get that reservation in! At this point you're already looking at MY22. Lots can change between now and then, might as well get an earlier reservation before they announce a MY23 cut off date ? or they stop taking reservations and you get boned with dealer markups buying off the lot! If you change your mind, just cancel the res and get your hundo back.
Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello future MN Bronco wanna-haves! What color are you leaning towards!? ?
2 Door Black Diamond.
Replacing a 2016 Firecracker Red Jeep Wrangler; so reds are out.

My wife has a white 2019 Forester and I have owned 2 Oxford White Ford's in past; so white is out.

My 2000 F250 is Woodland Green Metallic Clearcoat. I still really like this color, but it is very dark. It is like the Antimatter Blue. It looks black in some light, green in other light and almost gold/green in other light. It is hard to keep clean.

My 1989 F150 was Bright Regatta Blue, I got tired of this color fast and had the truck for 11 years. I am still tired of it 20 years since I sold it. The bright metallic blues are not for me.

My 1979 F150 was Raven Black, Loved it..........when it was washed and waxed. I like to wash cars and keep them clean, I felt it was an endless task and swore off Black and never looked back. That green Superduty above is a close second though.

I am to old for yellow/orange.

Primer grey is not right for me but I bet it hides salt well.

Carbonized Grey. As much as I like Silver I really dislike dark Grey metallic paints.

Iconic Silver. I like very much but want to replace my F250 with another Superduity soon in that color.

Area 51. I like very much but concerned that everyone else does too.
Antimatter Blue. I like but concerned that it will be hard to keep clean especially in winter.

I can not decide between the above 2.
Long winded answer and I still don't know.

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im in the twin cities area. Im 99.9% sure im switching to Granger but im giving the local dealers some time to figure pricing out before i switch.

But honestly at this point i appreciate the transparency and customer service from Granger so much that it would take quite an amazing deal to keep me local. Ive never had a good experience at a dealership, ever. Not a fan of the saleman type personality and i always get the feeling they are hiding something. Granger gives me comforting feelings lol

My conversations with a sales rep at the dealer that I currently have my reservation with have been good and open. I don't think they have the info they need to properly negotiate yet. He has said no ADM but is directed by management to stick to MSRP for now. They do know (as we do) there isn't much markup from invoice on the offered models but don't appear to have the pricing for options yet which is where I am looking to talk the price down.

An interesting thing he said was that the loss of X-plan hurt them to, it appears that Ford compensates the dealer for an X-plan sale somehow.

One thing that keeps from switching my day one reservation to Granger right now is how allocations will impact delivery. I don't need to be first but don't want to wait several months either.

It is still a long road ahead and I plan to be patient as we (and the dealers) learn more over the next month.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My conversations with a sales rep at the dealer that I currently have my reservation with have been good and open. I don't think they have the info they need to properly negotiate yet. He has said no ADM but is directed by management to stick to MSRP for now. They do know (as we do) there isn't much markup from invoice on the offered models but don't appear to have the pricing for options yet which is where I am looking to talk the price down.

An interesting thing he said was that the loss of X-plan hurt them to, it appears that Ford compensates the dealer for an X-plan sale somehow.

One thing that keeps from switching my day one reservation to Granger right now is how allocations will impact delivery. I don't need to be first but don't want to wait several months either.

It is still a long road ahead and I plan to be patient as we (and the dealers) learn more over the next month.
Agreed. Allocation/timing doesnt mean as much to me as price does, but i dont want to end up with MY22 just because Ford made some weird allocation formula. Although i would hope that a day 1 reservation couldnt get bumped that far back just because of dealership choice.

Like you said, we and the dealers will probably learn more over the next month until orders start or at least by order deadline, so dealers still have time. No rush to make any decisions right now.

Fuzznuts

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I stick with a black diamond I’m leaning A51 or Cactus but leery everyone will be choosing those as well. Makes sense since those colors should go well with interior accents.

If I drop down to base velocity blue, iconic silver or carbonized gray all on the table

Sponsored

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m in Southern MN and sticking with my local dealer as always. Have purchased 6 new vehicles including 3 Mustangs over the years and have always been satisfied. Plus we have been friends with owners for 18 years. We’ve gone to each other’s kids weddings and the like and play golf and drink beer together. Would never move my reservation.
That being said I’m going 2dr OBX I’m AMB with 2.7 and high package. Will work with my son (who owns a tire shop in Fargo) for the most aggressive tires I can without adding a lift. My daughter lives in Steamboat Springs and her and husband drive a keep and a tundra that he just put 35’s in. Can’t wait to join them on the trails and do a little back country camping! I’m late delivery.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. Allocation/timing doesnt mean as much to me as price does, but i dont want to end up with MY22 just because Ford made some weird allocation formula. Although i would hope that a day 1 reservation couldnt get bumped that far back just because of dealership choice.

Like you said, we and the dealers will probably learn more over the next month until orders start or at least by order deadline, so dealers still have time. No rush to make any decisions right now.
As long as I get it before it snows her in MN.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are any of you MN folks planning on a 4-door with the 2.3 L?

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are any of you MN folks planning on a 4-door with the 2.3 L?
Planning on 4 door black diamond with the 2.3L. 270hp and 310ftlbs is plenty for me. It's not meant for hauling ass or anything above 3500 lbs. If I wanted something quick I'd stick with my car and not be getting an SUV.

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350, Ford Fusion, Jeep CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iron Ranger here with a WildTrak reservation in Eveleth at Lundgren’s Ford. Dealership is looking to be fair with other reservation holders moving that direction. I don’t plan on doing any off-roading. We’ve owned a few early Broncos in the past and have been waiting for this day for a very long time.

Sponsored

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I’ll be taking my new Bronco west to the Rocky Mountains shortly after I bring it home, but as a soon to be transplant to the Twin Cities (for work) any good public off-roading options that are close enough to Minneapolis for a day trip?

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I’ll be taking my new Bronco west to the Rocky Mountains shortly after I bring it home, but as a soon to be transplant to the Twin Cities (for work) any good public off-roading options that are close enough to Minneapolis for a day trip?
Howdy! Here's a link to a thread. Jut (Justin) will be our tour-guide, hopefully! ;)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/988/#js-comment-5724

I am also looking forward to rocky mountain trips!

Reactions: JAM

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here in the south metro! Getting mine from Apple Ford, and so far they have been good to work with! Getting a Badlands 2-door manual.

There are three OHV parks here in Minnesota that seem nice (Iron Range, Spider and Appleton). I plan on doing the Minnesota TMAT to International Falls. Also plan to do some trips out to Wisconsin and across the Lake Michigan for some Sand Dunes and off-roading in Michigan as well. Black Hills have some fun trails too! I wish there was an OHV a park here closer to the cities though.

SurlyOne

Wildtrak
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Guy's, I'm new here (first post). South Metro area. I've got a reservation in for a 4-Door Badlands in Antimatter Blue. I'll be buying mine through Apple Valley Ford also. I've never owned a Ford so this is all new! Currently in a 2012 Xterra Pro-4X which I love!

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This group has been pretty quiet. Is everyone still excited about the Bronco?

Even with all the recent drama, I’m still planning on moving forward with a Badlands build, but I’m now waffling between a 2-door 2.3 MT non-SAS and a 4-door 2.7 AT SAS.

HOWEVER, I’ve started looking into the Jeep 4xe and 392 and may consider them depending on the price.

I also have an early Cybertruck tri-motor reservation, but I’m not convinced it could handle the Minnesota winters, especially parked on Upper Red Lake or Lake of the Woods for a week long ice fishing trip.

Whatever, it’s good to have options!
Sponsored