Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I see. I didn't try to get in. Do they have requirements, type of vehicle, etc?
Sorry! I was making a bad joke. I don’t know anything about the overlanding group. I just have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire as a daily driver. Purchased new in October 2003 and it has been bulletproof, but doesn’t see too many trails.
Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If anyone is interested, driving by Morrie’s Minnetonka Ford on 394 today I’m pretty sure (99.99%) I saw an Area 51 Bronco Sport on the showroom floor.

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved mine like 4 days after the release. I never heard from Morries Minnetonka. Ever. I had to reach out to the GM of the dealer and he responded right away. He also said I'll be working with a different salesman that will get in touch with me. Still haven't heard from anyone other than the GM, Scott Landreth. He's a nice guy. Didn't talk too much into price.

However, As I've thought more about my reservation, I am very close to moving my reservation to @Granger Ford. Seems like they are pretty up front from what I've seen. I haven't reached out yet myself. I think renting a car with my wife and kids and driving down to Iowa to bring my Bronco back sounds fun.

Has anyone heard how much of a down payment Granger will want at time of order?

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a res with Granger. I’ll be renting a car... have not heard anything yet about a down payment with them.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone heard how much of a down payment Granger will want at time of order?
Albert had originally said no additional unless Zack (owner) made adjustments. He did just say that Ford may require $500 but they didn’t know yet.

Sponsored

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m still in, but just had to buy new tires for my current car as I am realizing how much longer I may be waiting. I bounce between OBX and Wildtrack (was Badlands for a while until the pricing adjustment cleared that up, lol. It was also probably too heavy with the armor and I honestly could use payload more than bashplates). Still haven’t settled on a dealer; Granger isn’t out of consideration as I doubt MY21 will happen for my July 29 reservation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m still in, but just had to buy new tires for my current car as I am realizing how much longer I may be waiting. I bounce between OBX and Wildtrack (was Badlands for a while until the pricing adjustment cleared that up, lol. It was also probably too heavy with the armor and I honestly could use payload more than bashplates). Still haven’t settled on a dealer; Granger isn’t out of consideration as I doubt MY21 will happen for my July 20 reservation.
Really think a July 20 res will get pushed to MY22? Makes me wonder about my July 23rd res. Dang.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really think a July 20 res will get pushed to MY22? Makes me wonder about my July 23rd res. Dang.
Oops, typo July 29! But nothing would surprise me — if they start delivery in august (conservative take on “summer”), and typically switch to a bee model year in fall, how many can they put out. Or maybe they delay the MY22 until calendar? Who knows!

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm guessing that July and August reservations will be MY2021. My concern is that "summer" delivery isn't going to happen and I'm tired of waiting.

I turned in my 2017 Wrangler Unlimited lease in May and made it through most of the summer driving my Marauder. Got a good deal on a 2017 Nissan Rogue (hybrid) to get me through until the Bronco arrived but was expecting that to be April, I am underwhelmed by the Rogue and don't know if I can make it until August.

If Jeep delivers the 4xe on time my plans for a Bronco may change. I still really want to believe the Bronco is a better vehicle but may need to sit out the first years and watch how it goes. It is really sad for me to be considering other choices as I was super excited and passionate about the Bronco. Ford - you are making too many mistakes!

Wonder if I can hold on to my reservation until the first year Bronco plug in hybrid comes out? (grin) Truthfully the specs on the Jeep hybrid have me excited. If Ford does something similar it will be awesome.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just stopped by Morrie’s to checkout the Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands and I love the color. The sport was nice but smaller than I expected.

As I was walking around it to see the color in different light conditions, I noticed imperfections in the door panels, just below the B & C pillars on both sides. There was a slight waviness or a very slight buckle.

Have any of you checked out the sport yet and if so, have you noticed this?!

Sponsored

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just stopped by Morrie’s to checkout the Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands and I love the color. The sport was nice but smaller than I expected.

As I was walking around it to see the color in different light conditions, I noticed imperfections in the door panels, just below the B & C pillars on both sides. There was a slight waviness or a very slight buckle.

Have any of you checked out the sport yet and if so, have you noticed this?!
We stopped by Roseville Midway Ford to look at the A51. It was cloudy so we didn't get a great perspective but it looks like most of the pictures to me. More blue than I want but still my first choice, need to see Cactus Gray before I decide. Carbonized Grey in the running too and it looks nice on the Ranger.

Didn't see any paint issues but really didn't pay close attention to the Sport. It was cold out and I was still grumbling to myself about the build and price updates...

After sitting in a Ranger I decided that I must sit in a Bronco before ordering. I'm nearly 6'6" and the Ranger was not very roomy. The leg room was underwhelming. The B-pillar and door armrest bothered me too so I am hoping the Bronco is different.

Now if the mannequins would just hurry up and get here...

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, I did it. I submitted my configuration from build and price to Granger tonight in preparation for placing my actual order (likely this week).

I decided to use my FE reservation for a A51 2-door BL, 2.7, AT, SAS, MGV, Lux with a black modular top.

I sure hope I don’t regret passing up the FE, but I’m not sure what it offers other than bragging rights.

Have the rest of your finalized your builds?!

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350, Ford Fusion, Jeep CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I did it. I submitted my configuration from build and price to Granger tonight in preparation for placing my actual order (likely this week).

I decided to use my FE reservation for a A51 2-door BL, 2.7, AT, SAS, MGV, Lux with a black modular top.

I sure hope I don’t regret passing up the FE, but I’m not sure what it offers other than bragging rights.

I have not. I’m taking my time and likely not going to submit mine until March. Strongly leaning towards a Wildtrack, Mod, Lux, white.

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have not. I’m taking my time and likely not going to submit mine until March. Strongly leaning towards a Wildtrack, Mod, Lux, white.
Also trying to be patient and I see little reason to order before March. Really hoping to learn more about 2022 changes and I must sit in one before ordering.

Sticking with BD and likely A51 but might give up on the 2.7. Honestly hoping Ford's answer to the 4xe is announced before the order deadline.

As much as I wanted to have one of the first, I'm over it... mostly. Realizing this is a high volume commodity vehicle and not a rare collector's item.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not submitted yet. Did they call you or did you just email it in?

I will be ordering a BL 2-dr 2.3 manual cyber orange, adding roof rack and block heater. Pretty much stock. I have a feeling it’ll get pushed out to 2022, but you never know.
Sponsored