Sponsored

OK ... who is doing Rockslide Engineering Steps on their Warthog?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am going to assume it fits the Bronco Raptor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have not confirmed. They should work but we need confirmation from Rockslide Engineering. Been meaning to contact RE BUT I am sure they will say we can't confirm 100% unless we have a warthog in the shop.

@Raptor911 did you ever confirm these will fit the Warthog? Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have not confirmed. They should work but we need confirmation from Rockslide Engineering. Been meaning to contact RE BUT I am sure they will say we can't confirm unless we have a warthog in the shop.
I wanted to ask them at Overland Expo a couple months ago, but they didn't attend this year. Most of the other vendors (for things that should translate to Warthog) that I broached this subject with parroted what you say above, but then they'd go off-record and say "but...we expect it to work".

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I emailed them. They said. "They Should".
I can think of why the lower rock rail and pinch weld would not be any different on the Bronco Raptor. Maybe a little drilling.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Buy it and install it when your warthog arrives and let us know if there is any drilling

I emailed them. They said. "They Should".
I can think of why the lower rock rail and pinch weld would not be any different on the Bronco Raptor. Maybe a little drilling.

Tapatio55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To my eye the fit and finish (boxy shiny black trapezoid tube) of these don't match an $80k+ vehicle. Looks like something a repair shop came up with. I guess it's nice to have a low step but the oem detachable steps look just fine to me...

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree BUT you are worried about form and I am worried about function .. Hell look at the fenders

LOL

To my eye the fit and finish (boxy shiny black trapezoid tube) of these don't match an $80k+ vehicle. Looks like something a repair shop came up with. I guess it's nice to have a low step but the oem detachable steps look just fine to me...

Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree BUT you are worried about form and I am worried about function .. Hell look at the fenders

LOL
Canā€™t see the fenders, the flares are in the wayā€¦. šŸ˜­

Seriously, the idea of retractable steps has some appeal, but the OEM steps appear to provide a lot of body protection day to day. Iā€™m sticking with OEM until I confirm they donā€™t sound like a xylophone in gravel.

Iā€™m more focused on a winch solutionā€¦.. I may copy whoever gets it right first. There look like a lot of changes up front vs other Broncos. One advantage of being scheduled a little behind some of you guys ā€¦

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The RE steps will also provide protection from day to day .. as in someone parks next to you and swings their door wide .. it will hit the RE steps 1st before it hits your door.

but the OEM steps appear to provide a lot of body protection day to day.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Canā€™t see the fenders, the flares are in the wayā€¦. šŸ˜­

Seriously, the idea of retractable steps has some appeal, but the OEM steps appear to provide a lot of body protection day to day. Iā€™m sticking with OEM until I confirm they donā€™t sound like a xylophone in gravel.

Iā€™m more focused on a winch solutionā€¦.. I may copy whoever gets it right first. There look like a lot of changes up front vs other Broncos. One advantage of being scheduled a little behind some of you guys ā€¦
Not what I'm hearing from AM bumper manufacturers. Of course, none of them have a sample Raptor in-house to confirm, but all info points to the Raptor front bumper essentially being identical to the Modular Bumper on other Bronco trims. This is my first priority as well, so I'm keeping a keen eye out...šŸ§

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you order the Lux package?

I assume the non lux package does not have the radar sensor the bumper which means swapping out bumpers would be a lot easier .. when you do the winch.

Not what I'm hearing from AM bumper manufacturers. Of course, none of them have a sample Raptor in-house to confirm, but all info points to the Raptor front bumper essentially being identical to the Modular Bumper on other Bronco trims. This is my first priority as well, so I'm keeping a keen eye out...šŸ§

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The bumper should be the same where it counts, Iā€™m more worried about intercooler positioning or any other surprises. The Braptor has so many different parts that itā€™s hard to assume that there isnā€™t a surprise in there somewhere.

Iā€™ve been thinking of just going with JCR winchplate and camera bracket. It handles the parking sensors as well. Didnā€™t go with Lux so ACC is a non issue for me. It seems like it should work.

Any initial thoughts on your side? If so, maybe we can take this to Raptor winch thread.
Sponsored