Sponsored

Okay, hold on. X-Plan...what are we actually losing?

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where did the numbers for the trim levels come from? The base 2 and 4 door were advertised I know, but where did everything come from? Thank you.
Ford has an internal price list that was leaked way early on, just search Bronco price list on this forum, or the spreadsheet @North7 put together which you quoted.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in addition, isn't it 10% off add ons? so 3150 vs 3500 for adding a/t and 2.7 on a BD? thats really wall i wanted. bd for wash out interior and a/t as i cant drive stick and 2.7 (yes i know you cant get 2.7 w/o a/t which is fine)
6%.

Chris

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But you keep missing the part about not getting dicked with by the dealer. It's NOT about the money!
How does the dealer dick you over? Money, right? That's what I said, and can be gleaned from the plan pricing and capping dealer fees. I guess I should have added some emotion and said, "Plus it keeps those scum sucking, bottom feeder dealers from ripping you off and taking you for a ride!!! ???" Is that better?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Follow the link, it's in there, Official Ford documentation.

2021-bronco-price-list-msrp-invoice-jpg-jpg.jpg
Thank you. I followed the links and didn't find my way to a Ford website but I believe you. I was getting a little anxious thinking that was why people were looking forward to build and price, to get real numbers!

KJM76

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The people who say X-plan is only saving $300 aren't adding any options or packages to their trucks.

Using the survey pricing, my projected build (4-door, 2.7 Squatched Badlands, Luxe Package, MIC top, towing package) goes from $60,530 (using a $650 Colorado doc fee) to $55,969, a savings of $4,561.

Fortunately, I'm going with Granger and the October special, so now it's at $54,267, a savings of $6,263.

Chris
I'm doing the same exact build. I've been waiting for B&P to see where the price came in at. If your numbers are correct then I may be switching to Granger/Stephens as well.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you. I followed the links and didn't find my way to a Ford website but I believe you. I was getting a little anxious thinking that was why people were looking forward to build and price, to get real numbers!
You will not find it at the Ford website, it is a leaked dealer only document.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the dealer dick you over? Money, right? That's what I said, and can be gleaned from the plan pricing and capping dealer fees. I guess I should have added some emotion and said, "Plus it keeps those scum sucking, bottom feeder dealers from ripping you off and taking you for a ride!!! ???" Is that better?
More cowbell !!

Also, if they don't want to sell it to you for what you can pay, they will sell it to the next person. Even though Ford said there will be penalties for not selling it to the reservation holder, ADM can overcome ANY penalty for dicking you out of your Bronco.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
You will not find it at the Ford website, it is a leaked dealer only document.
So, hmm. Guess we'll find out soon enough. (I have trust issues). Thank you for your help in general on the site.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately, the allocation/x-plan changes incent large dealers to charge full MSRP. They will make more money, even if it causes half of their pre-sep18 reservations to leave since only about half of their allocation is based on reservations. But they know that they can outwit and manipulate most customers and not even lose half. Just a numbers game.

Small dealers still have an incentive to keep reservations and negotiate price because it has greater impact on their allocation. But they will probably also have a greater percentage of customers with delayed delivery.
I understand what you're saying, and I'm one of the dealers offering discounts. I don't want this taken as anything other than a different perspective. I'm not necessarily defending Ford's decision. But I do want to point out that Ford mitigated markups and facilitated discounted pricing by using this reservation system in the first place. If Ford played this like a normal model line, we'd have ridiculous markups on these vehicles since the only way you would get one is knocking down the door of your dealer along with the rest of the buying public, that, or know someone at the dealership.

This system put more power into the customer's hands to negotiate a deal or switch to another local dealer, which is certainly better than the alternative.

For all the Dealer demonizing, and I agree our system is not perfect, I think it's important to point out that there really isn't an alternative right now. This is the best solution so far I've seen in my not-quite 10 years in the business.

I would also point out that Tesla, the only manufacturer offering an alternative to the dealer system, doesn't negotiate at all.

There are still some good dealers out there, even ones that aren't on here or as engaged in the enthusiast community. Salespeople that are in the business for the cars (Eric @EricAtKearnyMesaFord , Myself, Albert @Granger Ford ), are a fairly rare sight. That's not a fault of the dealer necessarily though, and those dealers have backed up their salespeople, and empowered them to make offers like we have.

Edit: Even without X-Plan, you have some leverage in shopping around and getting a quote since you can switch your order.

Last edited:

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm doing the same exact build. I've been waiting for B&P to see where the price came in at. If your numbers are correct then I may be switching to Granger/Stephens as well.
The more the merrier!

The moral of the story of this thread is, the more you're spending on your Bronco, the more losing X-plan hurts because the percentage saved over MSRP goes up with every added option.

The only deals that make sense to my mathematically inclined brain are all the deals like Granger, Stephens, Serramonte, etc. that are basing pricing off of invoice, not MSRP. The second you pay more than invoice, every additional thing you want to add to your truck will cost you, at a minimum, 6% more than it will cost me. If you want a Base/Manual with no options? Then it probably doesn't matter much invoice vs. MSRP. You want to do nearly anything else, and you're throwing away money.

Chris

Last edited:

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More cowbell !!

Also, if they don't want to sell it to you for what you can pay, they will sell it to the next person. Even though Ford said there will be penalties for not selling it to the reservation holder, ADM can overcome ANY penalty for dicking you out of your Bronco.
Nobody has said before, but it has been strongly hinted at the penalties are not monetary, but cutting allocations in the future on things like F150 and other fast movers.
Also, the info from Ford said pricing will be locked in at the time of order. I bet we sign something that makes the dealer honor price at ordering also.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody has said before, but it has been strongly hinted at the penalties are not monetary, but cutting allocations in the future on things like F150 and other fast movers.
Also, the info from Ford said pricing will be locked in at the time of order. I bet we sign something that makes the dealer honor price at ordering also.
I hope you're right, I really do. I've heard/seen shady deals on things way less popular then the Bronco. Time will tell.
Sponsored