Sponsored

Okay, hold on. X-Plan...what are we actually losing?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you could simply switch to Granger and get a better price than you would've under the X plan. You still have 10 days to make a reservation and get 2k under invoice or change an existing one and get 1k under.
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm confused.

I understand the fact that the dealers do not need to honour the X-plan, but I thought they were still mandated to sell at MSRP? And still could not charge whatever they want. Am I wrong with assertion?
You're in Canada, so I don't know your regulations. In the US, a dealer can charge whatever they want as long as it's clearly marked. MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The leverage we all have is that we can switch dealers. Your reservation moves to the dealer you wish. You don't lose your place in line. And the displaced dealer, loses on the sale, which would account towards the dealer volume rebate with Ford, and more importantly, the dealer doesn't get to count in their converted reservations statistics which goes towards their allotment of floor plan Broncos they would get after the pre-orders are done.
I'm in Canada man! I can't switch dealers

Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't find any solid info on this.
X plan is $300 under invoice?
Which is actually how much off of MSRP?
I don't care about invoice pricing... I wanna know how much of a hit this no x-plan is gonna have on the bottom line.
Thanks
Forget any math, dollars and what have you. X-plan = no dealer hassle or highjinks. It's that simple, a smooth sales experience.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you could simply switch to Granger and get a better price than you would've under the X plan. You still have 10 days to make a reservation and get 2k under invoice or change an existing one and get 1k under.
You have until January.

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, so since I have an Oct 2nd reservation, I now know i'm a MY2022 Bronco. Is X-plan back for 22? The specific mentions i've seen so far are for MY21.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you look at my table above?

Is that chump change to you?

Wouldn't you rather have that money to spend on accessories?
Yeah, I've been working a second job and saving all of that money. While I was hoping to get the Xplan pricing, it looks like all the savings so far will just get me to break even without the upgrades I wanted.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When Ford decided to not offer X plan, we as consumers lost something. This in no way can be a good thing for the consumer. Savings were real. Reduced risk was real. Reduced time in finding preferred dealer was real. No time spent negotiating was real. The ease of purchasing the new Bronco that we all have grown to love is gone.

I would much rather purchase my Bronco from a dealer that is an hour away than a day away. With X plan, the difference between Granger/Stephens or similar was absolutely not worth the added hassle, flights or shipping, etc. I now have to make that assessment again (albeit with an OR dealer) once I talk with my dealer and other dealers in my area.

No, it is not the end of the world and I am extremely lucky that this is what my problem is compared to so many others. If B&P comes in lower than what I was expecting that would help too. None of this though makes it a good thing.
Well said.

With no X-plan for 2021 MY, the game has changed. In this game, you accept the dealer's terms and conditions (which could include additional dealer mark-ups, and/or mandatory dealer options), or you walk. As a result, I'm going to the order session with a Plan B - be prepared to walk, and buy something other than a 2021 Bronco.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well said.

With no X-plan for 2021 MY, the game has changed. In this game, you accept the dealer's terms and conditions (which could include additional dealer mark-ups, and/or mandatory dealer options), or you walk. As a result, I'm going to the order session with a Plan B - be prepared to walk, and buy something other than a 2021 Bronco.
You can still change dealers, you hold the power to say you want a deal or you will take your reservation to a dealer that will deal.
Sponsored