First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Greetings from California. Just picked up a Big Bend 4 door; because, I finally got a dealer to sell me what I wanted WITHOUT any goofy mark-up or "hostage taking"!
:cool:

Bought it for trail exploring in the Eastern Sierras and the deserts of California and Nevada. Just a basic rig and a 2.3/10 spd so that I can get some decent range when out exploring (I've spent some time in Wildtracks and Raptors: they are AWESOME...but, man...they can eat some fuel!).

I come from a background of off-road racing motorcycles with SCORE and BITD....races like The Baja 1000 and Vegas to Reno. Sooooo much fun while also...usually...scaring the heck out of me! I've been around the New Bronco since the early days of Ford bringing it out to the Dez to beat the living heck out of it in testing and development...and was even around when they built the racer. That program was run thru our local shop, Baja HQ. I'll dig up some pics when I get a chance... The entire New Bronco program has been even more impressive, to me, than the F150 Raptor program. The New Bronco is a great little rig & I've had some good opportunities to drive different variations and power-trains. The really is no bad version.

I've owned all sorts of off-road trucks and vehicles over the years and wanted something basic that can off-road well and also be a decent daily driver (My idea of a daily driver is kind of nutty...I commute from SoCal/Orange County to "True NorCal"/Redding and I often travel the Eastern Sierras/Deserts when I do...just because I can!:LOL: ). I have plenty of opportunities to fire up onX and go scouting for routes from Bishop to Hawthorne or from Ridgecrest to Fallon via the very diverse "routes" that have been left by others over the last...what...200 years...and I love any chance I have to stay familiar with the more common "Vegas to Reno" routes; So, yup, it was time for a New Bronco of my own!

The New Bronco seems perfect for my adventures and I'm stoked to get started on a build. Stumbled on to "6G" while looking for info on how to put LSD's in my "open differentials". Was kinda stoked to see how this community has soooo many different approaches to how to build a Bronco.

Note: Why "New Bronco" with caps on the N in new...? My darn iPad is so set in it's ways from all the previous comms and docs with the term "New Bronco" over these last few years that it corrects it to a cap "N" all the time...so, why fight it? :ROFLMAO: On top of all that, for me...this is my 2nd and 1st "new" Bronco. I had a '67 pick-up that I kept for a bout 5 years and sold...because, I''m an IDIOT!

I'll see y'all around the forum!

Manny
(TeamGreen has been my motorcycle forum name for waaaaaaaay too long!)
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Welcome! And the Big Bend 2.3L is highly capable as you know. Don't think you will be disappointed. Plus, with the money you save, you can use it towards mods that are to your liking.

Happy Trails!

OP
OP
TeamGreen

TeamGreen

Big Bend
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh…almost forgot!
Ford Bronco Old Bronco guy with a New Bronco 25AB8459-4AE4-416C-9F0D-1A28526D98F6

Welcome! And the Big Bend 2.3L is highly capable as you know. Don't think you will be disappointed. Plus, with the money you save, you can use it towards mods that are to your liking.

Happy Trails!
Thanks!
I inquired with some folks at Ford as to EXACTLY what I wanted to do and HOW I wanted to do it and they thought this would be a good route for the build I have in mind. I'm looking fwd to learning about what I can and can't do to it. Installing the LSDs will be a fun adventure! You might even see this at SEMA in November.
Sponsored