Sponsored

Old Bronco Resale Values

Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II
What do y'all think'll happen to resale values of old Bronco's and BII's over the next few months with the release of the Bronco. I can see them going up as people are reminded of the bronco or see em running around but can't afford the new ones. I can also see em going down (from absurd 30ks and 50ks) as people can just go get a new one.

I'm personally invested in this, not sure if I'd keep or sell my BII when I got my new one.

Side note, was thinking the other day: The prolly 70 hrsprs in my 2.8 (sounds like a bus with those timing gears) now vs the 325+ in the new 2.7tt. Well, we've come far. I'd miss tuning the carb though.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they'll spike until next January~ish, then come down. Then depending on the success of the Bronco, they'll either go up or come down some more.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't know the answer but as a comparison you can look at what old Wrangler's go for. That is a similar "image" vehicle that has continued production. Someone can buy an old one or buy a brand new one.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've already gotten outrageous. A 93-96 Eddie Bauer edition with 150k miles on it starts at $13k.

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What do y'all think'll happen to resale values of old Bronco's and BII's over the next few months with the release of the Bronco. I can see them going up as people are reminded of the bronco or see em running around but can't afford the new ones. I can also see em going down (from absurd 30ks and 50ks) as people can just go get a new one.

I'm personally invested in this, not sure if I'd keep or sell my BII when I got my new one.

Side note, was thinking the other day: The prolly 70 hrsprs in my 2.8 (sounds like a bus with those timing gears) now vs the 325+ in the new 2.7tt. Well, we've come far. I'd miss tuning the carb though.
I think it would get people to buy the original but then they will see how much it would cost and just buy a new one therefore decreasing the value of the old one

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new Bronco has no impact on why people love the EB. Just hop on over to an EB forum and talk to them. You'll see.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The new Bronco has no impact on why people love the EB. Just hop on over to an EB forum and talk to them. You'll see.
It does, that's like thinking that everyone on this forum is an "average car buyer"

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Old 4x4 fans will still want the EB. But the larger demographic that got into EBs and helped drive up the prices, might soon have an alternative option in the new Bronco. And that should reduce price pressure on the EB. It will depend if the new Bronco is perceived as a worthy successor to the EB, and if the new Bronco can be modified and customized to become a more personalized vehicle for owners.

Jeep Wrangler is a good example. If the new Wrangler did not exist, or if it was like the new "Blazer" is to the original Blazer, then more people would be having to buy older Wranglers (or TJs/CJs). My big spending buddy dropped 50 grand on a new Wrangler Rubicon - because it was available and a worthy successor to the earlier models. And that was a lot of cash not getting thrown at older used Jeep models.

Some big spending dude who is not necessarily an old 4x4 guy, and thinks it would be "cool" to own an EB, might soon be seeing cool new Broncos driving around all kitted out. Is that dude going to be so willing to drop 50 grand on an old rough riding gas guzzling comparatively uncomfortable truck without all the latest gadgets ... when instead he can buy a new Bronco and trick it out? Getting those sort of persons to throw lots of cash at EBs, might be a tougher sell (if the new Bronco is a hit).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does, that's like thinking that everyone on this forum is an "average car buyer"
Exactly. EB forum has a lot of old 4x4 fans. To them - how can anyone think a new Bronco is an option over an EB. And I get that mentality, because I am an old 4x4 fan. I own a TJ and CJ-7 ... even though I could get a new Wrangler. I just love old 4x4s.

But the larger public is not like that. They would be open to new Broncos, as people currently are open to new Wranglers. There are plenty of rabid Jeep fans and off-roaders who are fine with buying a new Wrangler. Similar will happen with the new Bronco - if Ford delivers on it as a worthy successor to the EB.

Sponsored

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see the prices on full size Early Broncos going up. Bronco II, not so much.

B-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco Explorer, 1985 Mustang GT, Z71
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think it will affect older Broncos, as they are completely different vehicles. 2019 and older Explorer values, on the other hand, will plummet. Who would want one of those when you can get a convertible one with a cooler name?

All kidding aside, I don't see how anyone would have to make this choice. Any buyer who has $40K+ to spend will only have one or the other in mind. You either want an old Bronco, or you are looking at a new SUV and the Bronco could be an option. No one will buy a '69 Bronco to commute with everyday and take the kids to grandma's house 3 hrs away. Sure, it can be done. I did it when I was younger, but I didn't spend anywhere near $40K to do it.
But if we are talking late model Broncos, especially the EFI ones, I could see where all the new Bronco hype might lead someone to consider one of those. Those trucks are nice, dependable, and can be driven anywhere comfortably.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Ford going to reissue the Classic Bronco? If they are not going to make any more classics, the supply remains limited, and I doubt the demand will drop at all regardless of the new one.
What happened with other classics when the modern version became available?
Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, Corvettes, whatever the hell Dodges?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Ford going to reissue the Classic Bronco? If they are not going to make any more classics, the supply remains limited, and I doubt the demand will drop at all regardless of the new one.
What happened with other classics when the modern version became available?
Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, Corvettes, whatever the hell Dodges?
the prices generally climb, but the rate of climb of their prices is seemingly dependant on availability or popularity of current models. granted, most classics are climbing in price right now as the 50s-60s aged folks are snapping up cars they looked at with envy when they were kids/teens and now they have disposable income and time.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the prices generally climb, but the rate of climb of their prices is seemingly dependant on availability or popularity of current models. granted, most classics are climbing in price right now as the 50s-60s aged folks are snapping up cars they looked at with envy when they were kids/teens and now they have disposable income and time.
Exactly.
Now, which popular classics have had their values tank in recent years?
Which will tank when the Boomers "age out"?
Sponsored