Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what that pin is for?? What do you do... screw it in the bottom hole and then what?
It aligns the bottom hinge while you set the top hinge in place. Once the door is in place, you insert the top bolt, then remove the guide and insert the bottom bolt.
Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In this case it sounds like they set the door on then moved the door before putting the bolts in. The top hinge has a square setup that will lift the door up if you donā€™t have the bolts in. Being a two door with the weight my guess is it rises enough to come off the top hinge. I can see easily how it can happen.
The bags help IMMENSELY with the two door... with the handle locations on the bags, it is much better balanced and easier to maneuever. Well worth the money.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thought it was good, was moving the door to remove the guide and BAM! I tried to get my foot under (guess I was willing to sacrifice a toe lol) anyway, ugh. 22 model so no included door bags though I doubt they would have protected against this kind of damageā€¦

OK so now I am going to get a pool noodle from a dollar store and cut that thing up for additional 2 door removal installation protection! If I had only thought of that prior to dropping a door into the pavement.

66CFBB96-B20E-4A01-B4AB-6D4F8C4DD269.jpeg

40BFA338-9D49-4E72-9813-A13C032F1C10.jpeg

7D9107E5-B595-4C16-87F3-507618FAAAAC.jpeg

F9B3BD87-AE63-4897-8273-CA9192FBAC1B.jpeg
Ugh..... nothing worse when stupid crap happens except when you tell yourself....dont do it and you do!!!

Just a temporary beauty mark on a Badass 2 door. :cool:

Team 2 Door!!!

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have yet to use them so thanks for the input. Maybe stitch a rubber padding on outside bottom and edges of the bag.
maybe.

its a lot of weight on the flange, I suspect it would take a lot of padding to not bend the metal. The bag does prevent scratches as you set it down at least.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my apologies if this has been answered 100 times before...what is the weight of the doors? I am planning to get the tube doors and leave those on over the warmer months...I figure with what I am reading here, I should do door changes over the lawn?

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my apologies if this has been answered 100 times before...what is the weight of the doors? I am planning to get the tube doors and leave those on over the warmer months...I figure with what I am reading here, I should do door changes over the lawn?
Around 60 lbs on the two door and around 40 lbs on the four door I believe.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around 60 lbs on the two door and around 40 lbs on the four door I believe.
Thank you....

That's not heavy at all...but since they are big, I guess everyone finds them to be cumbersome.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those who know, how does it compare to, say, removing and replacing the tailgate on a full size pickup truck? (2D door)

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to me. I took it to a few body shops. Some declined to work on it and told me to take it to ford because itā€™s made of aluminum and itā€™s difficult to work on. Finally I have up and called my insurance and dropped it off at the local ford collision center. All said and done, it cost $2200 to fix, largely due to the repaint needing to blend the adjoining panels. Good luck.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting to hear the explanation of how aluminum is going to "rust".
It actually does rust! Amazing how many people here donā€™t know that. When exposed to oxygen, aluminum transforms into aluminum oxide. It just doesnā€™t flake off like most types of rusted steel does.

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This happened to me. I took it to a few body shops. Some declined to work on it and told me to take it to ford because itā€™s made of aluminum and itā€™s difficult to work on. Finally I have up and called my insurance and dropped it off at the local ford collision center. All said and done, it cost $2200 to fix, largely due to the repaint needing to blend the adjoining panels. Good luck.
Thatā€™s how much it costs the insurance company right? Not an out of pocket customer?

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just buy a use crib mattress and place it under each door when removing and installing. Cheap and easy insurance
Iā€™m going to pass on buying any USED mattress even if itā€™s just to protect my doors but this is a great idea.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you....

That's not heavy at all...but since they are big, I guess everyone finds them to be cumbersome.
The Bronco doors are way easier to take off & move around vs. the Wrangler doors. Ford put a nice lift/hold spot at the bottom inside of each door + being frameless. I dropped & creased one of our old Wrangler doors last summer. :( Now that vehicle is gone.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That can be fixed at home and be barely noticeable. It's all in the sanding and buffing. I learned from a master who worked on very expensive show cars. Scrapes, dents, happen fairly often and they don't re-paint entire panels. Sand to perfect blend, primer, touch up paint, sand and fine sand some more, clear coat and buff. You can even brush the primer and paint on. I usually use a rattle can. Buy your exact color from your paint code and you can get it in a rattle can. I'm a novice and have done some pretty good touch ups. It especially easy in a corner area like your damage. Lots of labor- yes but you save a ton of $.
Sponsored