Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have experience with either of these.
I keep a relatively cheap/small $75 portable compressor with me all the time and If I'm going on a serious multi-day trail trip I bring along the air-tank. The portable compressors are slow but you don't have to hold onto it or monitor it closely while it's filling and you can do other things to get ready for the trip home or just stand around and STS.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious, what is the back up plan if you underestimate the amount of air left in your tank and you run out before airing up all your tires?
You quoted me, so my answer is my compressor has never failed.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same as the others I use a Viair in a bag and it works fine...also, no problems reseating tire beads with it and a wratchet strap around the center of a tire...tighten that up and it will force the bead out where you can get a seal to start. I have put probably 3-4 tires back on that way...I also saw another guy just use the strap and a long screwdriver to twist the strap because sometimes can be a PITA to get the strap to release. But stop airing the second you hear the bead pop and remove the strap then air up the rest of the way!

I run beadlocks on my EB and never had an issue but always helping others in the group or strangers we find on the trails.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Throwing gas in the fire... I got a Milwaukee Max 18V cordless air compressor for a unique job.
The thing is an air pumping superstar, and it is q u i e t. I bring other Milwaukee cordless tools with me so they share the same battery. It has a small air tank that can be charged at home.
Reviving an older thread, but thought I'd share in case it helps someone out. I'm going the Milwaukee M18 compressor route as I already have a stable of Milwaukee tools. Acme Tools has a flash sale today (10/18/21), $50 off $299+ with code RED50, free shipping over $199.

Best legit deal I have found, hope it's helpful to someone else.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/milwaukee-tools

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reviving an older thread, but thought I'd share in case it helps someone out. I'm going the Milwaukee M18 compressor route as I already have a stable of Milwaukee tools. Acme Tools has a flash sale today (10/18/21), $50 off $299+ with code RED50, free shipping over $199.

Best legit deal I have found, hope it's helpful to someone else.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/milwaukee-tools
Curious as to why you would choose this over a hardwired compressor. Do you want the tank to power tools? Seems a bit bulky if you're just using it for tires.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Curious as to why you would choose this over a hardwired compressor. Do you want the tank to power tools? Seems a bit bulky if you're just using it for tires.
It's really not all that large. I like the idea of it having other uses than just being on the Bronco for the occasional off road trip. I also have a Milwaukee impact and chainsaw that may go along on adventures, plus other Milwaukee tools, so I have plenty of battery options. It has a 2 gallon tank with a ball valve drain that I think I can rig up for re-seating beads also.

I was really shocked by how quiet this compressor is. Haven't tested it out airing tires yet.

I wouldn't recommend it for someone that's not already invested in Milwaukee tools (or planning to be).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For what it's worth I've run onboard air on a few vehicles.

2015 F150 had the Kleinn bolt on system with compressor + tank (although it wasn't that great even with the upgraded compressor, took a while to fill up tires).

I then switched to an HPA Systems Air Tank (https://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxair66-high-pressure-air-system/) for my Gen2 Raptor. This thing is awesome and I can fill it up at any paintball store.

For my Bronco I'm doing an ARB Twin Compressor (https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-on-board-high-performance-12-volt-twin-air-compressor-ckmta12/) which will be installed in the engine bay (we're finishing up a mount for the ARB single/twin compressors in the engine bay which we'll be selling once it's finalized)

I've honestly never used the ARB twins but I hear great things about them. But the tanks are a lot easier to work with since there is no installation really required, you just fill up the tank with air (or whatever gas you choose) and you are good to go.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(we're finishing up a mount for the ARB single/twin compressors in the engine bay which we'll be selling once it's finalized)
You buried the lede! You might be first to market with an engine bay mount.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You buried the lede! You might be first to market with an engine bay mount.
What's "lede" lol. Yes as far as I'm aware we will be first to market. I'm watching my 3D printer finalize some brackets before we send the files to our laser cutter. I'm trying my best to keep it affordable but there's a lot of bracket involved to support the large compressor.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's "lede" lol. Yes as far as I'm aware we will be first to market. I'm watching my 3D printer finalize some brackets before we send the files to our laser cutter. I'm trying my best to keep it affordable but there's a lot of bracket involved to support the large compressor.
Awesome. (y) Yeah, compressor brackets are typically larger and more complicated than people expect. I'm familiar with the prices for ARB dual mounts for Jeeps, so as long as it's in that (pretty large) window, I'm good.

Also:

Ford Bronco On Board Air? Power tank verses ARB twin compressor. Opinions Please Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.31.44 PM

:)

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome. (y) Yeah, compressor brackets are typically larger and more complicated than people expect. I'm familiar with the prices for ARB dual mounts for Jeeps, so as long as it's in that (pretty large) window, I'm good.

Also:

Ford Bronco On Board Air? Power tank verses ARB twin compressor. Opinions Please Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.31.44 PM

:)
We've got the ARB Twin Compressors in stock. Right now early expectations for pricing is looking around $239.95 for the mounting kit. Keep in mind this is made from 10 Gauge Stainless Steel + Powder Coated Black. I don't know that many places that sell mounting brackets for ARB Compressors made from Stainless but we like to go overkill. In my eyes I'd rather pay a bit more for something that's just going to last a lifetime then pay for some regular steel painted (because the engine bay isn't exactly exposed to the elements all the time BUT it's not exactly hidden from the elements either).

Whatcha think of pricing? It's a bit higher then say a Jeep Kit (around $100-$150) but it's a helluva lot more components so far.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've got the ARB Twin Compressors in stock. Right now early expectations for pricing is looking around $239.95 for the mounting kit. Keep in mind this is made from 10 Gauge Stainless Steel + Powder Coated Black. I don't know that many places that sell mounting brackets for ARB Compressors made from Stainless but we like to go overkill. In my eyes I'd rather pay a bit more for something that's just going to last a lifetime then pay for some regular steel painted (because the engine bay isn't exactly exposed to the elements all the time BUT it's not exactly hidden from the elements either).

Whatcha think of pricing? It's a bit higher then say a Jeep Kit (around $100-$150) but it's a helluva lot more components so far.
I'd have to see but it seems reasonable to me

What area are you putting it in? There seems to be plenty of room, especially compared to a newer Jeep. Even with the 2.7

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd have to see but it seems reasonable to me

What area are you putting it in? There seems to be plenty of room, especially compared to a newer Jeep. Even with the 2.7
Engine bay. 100% bolt on

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)