Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey everyone. I didn't see this on here before so I thought I would make a post about it.

One of my favorite features about the Bronco is being able to store the doors in the back of the bronco. I have two toddlers and am not comfortable having the doors off for the whole drive but would love to take them off at parks and the beach.

I also decided to go with the soft top so I could gain that open air experience whenever desired.

The first thing to note, yes the doors can go in the back with a soft top however, the top has to remain in the second position. Unfortunately it is not able to fold all the way back into position three due to the angle of the top. (See pictures attached)

I did decide to go with the window storage bag designed for the wrangler but works well with the bronco. Since there was more room in-between the doors and the top, I was able to place the window bag on top of the doors and strap it down as well.

Therefore, nothing was left behind 🥰😉. It's nice having the option to have a fully open air experience while still having everything with me!

Other thing to note, it was slightly difficult placing the doors in the back due to the bottom soft top bar getting in the way but is definitely doable.

PXL_20220428_231130962.jpg

PXL_20220428_231109357.jpg

PXL_20220428_225828444.jpg

PXL_20220428_225819577.jpg

PXL_20220428_225806245.jpg

PXL_20220428_225757734.jpg
Sponsored

TylerTerrors

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you post a link to the window storage bag?

OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone. I didn't see this on here before so I thought I would make a post about it.

One of my favorite features about the Bronco is being able to store the doors in the back of the bronco. I have two toddlers and am not comfortable having the doors off for the whole drive but would love to take them off at parks and the beach.

I also decided to go with the soft top so I could gain that open air experience whenever desired.

The first thing to note, yes the doors can go in the back with a soft top however, the top has to remain in the second position. Unfortunately it is not able to fold all the way back into position three due to the angle of the top. (See pictures attached)

I did decide to go with the window storage bag designed for the wrangler but works well with the bronco. Since there was more room in-between the doors and the top, I was able to place the window bag on top of the doors and strap it down as well.

Therefore, nothing was left behind 🥰😉. It's nice having the option to have a fully open air experience while still having everything with me!

Other thing to note, it was slightly difficult placing the doors in the back due to the bottom soft top bar getting in the way but is definitely doable.

Ford Bronco On board door storage W/ Soft Top PXL_20220428_225757734

Is that 'bottom soft top bar' not removable? Seems like a major design flaw to me. I know it goes 'up' as seen in your picture but I feel like there must be a way to remove that?!?! if you can't remove that you basically can't sit in the back of your tailgate... or move anything of size in/out easily w/ the soft top

OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that 'bottom soft top bar' not removable? Seems like a major design flaw to me. I know it goes 'up' as seen in your picture but I feel like there must be a way to remove that?!?! if you can't remove that you basically can't sit in the back of your tailgate... or move anything of size in/out easily w/ the soft top
I don't think you actually can. I know the entire top can be removed with six bolts but it would be nice if this bar wasn't always in the way

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's correct. It's like a Jeep, except it lifts up.

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's correct. It's like a Jeep, except it lifts up.
Except on the Jeep if you remove the back window that bar come out with it so the tailgate is fully open. That’s a bummer. It does look like there are 4 hex screws on each end. If removing those would remove it then someone should design some quick connect type option to take it off/on easily. I’ll be first in line to buy :)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except on the Jeep if you remove the back window that bar come out with it so the tailgate is fully open.
Oh yeah, you're right, sorry. I had thought the retainer bar attached to the tub rather than the window on the JL. Damn.

Well, at least removing the whole top is just six bolts on the Bronco.

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once the back window is out, that bar detaches with 8 bolts (4 on each side). A quick release for that would be $.... my next project

stut1313

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone tried putting the doors in from the interior with the top already in the fully down position? When I put the doors in the back yesterday it seemed like the issue was getting the top past the top of the most rearward door, but maybe it would fit if you could somehow get it past that point. Made me think that maybe you could install the rear part of the harness and load the doors from inside the vehicle with the seats down, then install front of harness and put seats up, and it would work. Just a thought.
Sponsored