John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In regards to the ondemand automatic transfer case how is that different from having electronic lockers ex BD comes std with rear locker and you can get auto ondemand which has a front locker where the BL has all three std what would be the difference in operation Thanks
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The transfer case has nothing to do with the lockers in the axles. You have to engage the lockers separately unless in one of the drive it for you GOAT modes that predetermines the lockers being active.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As @Felix808 stated, the Transfer case has nothing to do with the front or rear lockers if so equipped, it provides a variable slip clutch to regulate power to which ever wheels have traction, and provide upper or lower range gear ratios.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Advanced 4x4 is an (primarily) on-road feature that allows the car to automatically switch from 2WD to 4WD as needed if slip is detected. This allows some of the benefits of 4WD without the negatives of using it on pavement. Best use cases appear to be in wet or snowy conditions.

Advanced 4x4 does not include Front Lockers if you upgrade to it on lower models.. Front Lockers are only available on Badlands, FE, and with Sasquatch (all of which already include the Advanced 4x4).

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The auto transfer case will transfer power dynamically to the front and the rear axle, and it is safe to use on pavement. For me, the benefit will be when I transition between plowed roads and snowy roads. Without this feature, you need to be diligent about switching between 4H and 2H as conditions change. If you drive in 4H on dry pavement, then you will bind up your drivetrain and cause excess wear as the front and rear drive shafts will always turn the same speed.

4H/4L is still superior as off-road driving gets more technical, so that is why the auto transfer case still maintains this option.

The auto transfer case has no relation to the front and rear lockers though. If you're curious, check out various YouTube videos on differential lockers, transfer cases, types of 4 wheel drive systems, etc. There are a bunch with great animations that help make sense of how this stuff works.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JZZ

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok thanks all of these help I think what was confusing me was in the details for the on demand was electronically locked to both axles which I wrongly interpreted as to both sides of the axle like a locker thanks