First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi everyone. Hoping to bring some attention to this for the people that may not know. I originally ordered the MIC. I decided to switch to the softtop. I was excited because 3 days later I recieved a build date. I was talking to my dealer because i realized the bags were not on the order. They didn't know that it was a factory only part. When i switched to the softtop, it became an option that i had to elect. The dealer told me there is nothing they can do now and directed me to call Ford. Their customer service will escalate the concerned but also told me there is nothing they can do. I'm hoping they can get this corrected because the on vehicle storage is one of the perks. Plus we expect the dealer to be the SME and they didn't know. I'm not asking for a huge change. I just want the bags. If anyone else has experienced this i would love to hear how it worked out. Thanks!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realized I'm in exactly the same boat, but I'm also gonna be putting the cargo area security enclosure in, which would prevent usage of that anyway.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen used ones listed, they will pop up. Once people get Broncos and realize they never take the doors off or never store them in the rear, they might be selling the bags. If you can wait, you will see some.

When I first switched to soft top, my dealer put the door bags on the order, but when the order was updated to include the "hard top prep kit" the bags disappeared and now I have a VIN, so its too late...I am not upset, saves some money upfront, and I will have other stuff in my trunk and won't have room for the doors anyway. I would have only used them for garage storage, and I can buy bags for that...

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I literally am in the same boat. Changed to soft top, scheduled 2 days later, found out the following day that the bags weren’t included and my dealer can’t do anything about it.

No idea why they would come with the hard top and not the soft top. The soft top even has its own kit that doesn’t include the 2 bags for the roof panels. You’d think we’d get that one.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen used ones listed, they will pop up. Once people get Broncos and realize they never take the doors off or never store them in the rear, they might be selling the bags. If you can wait, you will see some.

When I first switched to soft top, my dealer put the door bags on the order, but when the order was updated to include the "hard top prep kit" the bags disappeared and now I have a VIN, so its too late...I am not upset, saves some money upfront, and I will have other stuff in my trunk and won't have room for the doors anyway. I would have only used them for garage storage, and I can buy bags for that...
Maybe just MAAAAAYBE the hard top prep kit includes the bags too then? I don’t think anyone’s received the soft tops with the prep kit yet, since they were scheduled for first week of sept builds at the earliest. Wishful thinking, I’m sure, but it makes no sense to include door bags on hard top but not soft top orders.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the least @Ford Motor Company should absolutely allow dealers to order both the 4 bag and 6 bag on-vehicle storage kits. Makes no sense to only offer garage bags via the dealer.

jimeb

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone. Hoping to bring some attention to this for the people that may not know. I originally ordered the MIC. I decided to switch to the softtop. I was excited because 3 days later I recieved a build date. I was talking to my dealer because i realized the bags were not on the order. They didn't know that it was a factory only part. When i switched to the softtop, it became an option that i had to elect. The dealer told me there is nothing they can do now and directed me to call Ford. Their customer service will escalate the concerned but also told me there is nothing they can do. I'm hoping they can get this corrected because the on vehicle storage is one of the perks. Plus we expect the dealer to be the SME and they didn't know. I'm not asking for a huge change. I just want the bags. If anyone else has experienced this i would love to hear how it worked out. Thanks!
Same scenario. I have pushed dealer and Ford to allow customers to purchase the In Vehicle door bags as an accessory. Hopefully we will see that when the MY22 ordering happens. I will update if I hear of any potential solution.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea why they would come with the hard top and not the soft top. The soft top even has its own kit that doesn’t include the 2 bags for the roof panels. You’d think we’d get that one.
They don't come with the hard top either. It's an option either way, but they have different part numbers.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't come with the hard top either. It's an option either way, but they have different part numbers.
There’s been back and forth on this. There appears to be some combo of hard top and X Y or Z where they came free. Several people on the forums stated they came with their orders, while others didn’t. My dealer told me the hard top included it on some of the orders they sold too. Just another confusing mess.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe just MAAAAAYBE the hard top prep kit includes the bags too then? I don’t think anyone’s received the soft tops with the prep kit yet, since they were scheduled for first week of sept builds at the earliest. Wishful thinking, I’m sure, but it makes no sense to include door bags on hard top but not soft top orders.
bags do not come with prep kit. And Soft tops with prep kit have been built and delivered. Just delivered one this morning. Also the bags that come with the hard top are for front panels only not the doors. If you want to store your doors on the vehicle you need to order the bags separately. You can order them for the soft or hard top.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s been back and forth on this. There appears to be some combo of hard top and X Y or Z where they came free. Several people on the forums stated they came with their orders, while others didn’t. My dealer told me the hard top included it on some of the orders they sold too. Just another confusing mess.
FE only I think?

GeorgiaBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Bronco, 89 Grand Wagoneer, 15 Mustang GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tasca Parts has the the part on their site for about $17ish for the fronts and $170ish for the back doors.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are there separate part numbers for hard and soft top door bags if the hard top already comes with the panel bags?

87D clearly says 4 door soft top with 4 bags. 87E says it includes 87D and adds the hard top panel bags. But this thread is saying panel bags are included free.

See? There’s some funkiness and confusion with this situation.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope people realize they wont be able to get the doors in the rear with the soft top folded back.

but I also know in 8yrs, Ive never once said to myself, “man I wish I could remove my jeep doors and just store them in the rear”. If I want them off, I remove them at the house and they're stored on the wall. If I was staying at a hotel, I carried them into my room. If Im on the trails, I definitely wouldn't be having them in the rear and would leave them at home or base camp.