Sponsored

On way to pick up Badlands four door, will have review later tonight or tomorrow

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My last 3 vehicles have been H2 with 35x13.50s, 2013 jk wrangler 4 door with mopar lift and 35s and now i have a Jl Rubicon v6 4 door with the factory 33s. I will be driving 100 miles back today. Jk had hardtop, Jl has sky touch hybrid top.

Now i am a jeep fanboy, so im anxious to see how this thing drives.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ugafan706

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, i know how to work the info(radio) screen well now, there was a wreck on interstate and i sat in traffic for 2hrs!

Jeep is in trouble. TROUBLE. Hardcore off roaders might still like the Jeep more, just because the suspension is still old school. ON THE ROAD THERES NO COMPARISON. We talking light years ahead. No wandering steering. And the ride, no joke, its almost (almost) as good as my wife's newer tahoe.

My badllands is a 4 cylinder. It has a little more power than my v6 rubicon. The ten speed transmission is good, but i still might rate the rubicon's 8 speed a little better. If a person doesnt have a squatch pkg, im telling the 4 cylinder is plenty.

The thing that surprised me the most, the soft top. No rattles and it was quiet for a true convertible. The badlands mgv interior is great. I had seen pics that some had wrinkles, but mine is tight.

Lots of reports about stereo being crappy. Its by no means world class, but it isnt the worst either.
I think its better than the rubicon which has the standard radio with upgraded mopar kicker speakers.

Pleasure drivers(mall crawlers) are going to like the bronco better. It drives on a smooth road so much better than a jeep, and on a bumpy rode it soaks up the bumps better.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, i know how to work the info(radio) screen well now, there was a wreck on interstate and i sat in traffic for 2hrs!

Jeep is in trouble. TROUBLE. Hardcore off roaders might still like the Jeep more, just because the suspension is still old school. ON THE ROAD THERES NO COMPARISON. We talking light years ahead. No wandering steering. And the ride, no joke, its almost (almost) as good as my wife's newer tahoe.

My badllands is a 4 cylinder. It has a little more power than my v6 rubicon. The ten speed transmission is good, but i still might rate the rubicon's 8 speed a little better. If a person doesnt have a squatch pkg, im telling the 4 cylinder is plenty.

The thing that surprised me the most, the soft top. No rattles and it was quiet for a true convertible. The badlands mgv interior is great. I had seen pics that some had wrinkles, but mine is tight.

Lots of reports about stereo being crappy. Its by no means world class, but it isnt the worst either.
I think its better than the rubicon which has the standard radio with upgraded mopar kicker speakers.

Pleasure drivers(mall crawlers) are going to like the bronco better. It drives on a smooth road so much better than a jeep, and on a bumpy rode it soaks up the bumps better.
Thanks for the impressions! Glad you are enjoying it!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very good write up, but I want more. Color, number of doors, etc., and of course a picture. As the old saying goes, "pictures or it didn't happen". :) Congratulations, and enjoy the ride.

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saw your post on the 2.3 with premium gas. This is a nice looking Badlands with that race red. If I didn’t have a red EV in the driveway, I would have picked this color over A51. I have an A51 BL non SAS coming, ETA late this month. Thanks for the review, I can’t wait for mine.

OP
OP
ugafan706

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You will love it...went out to dinner tonight in it...be prepared to not be in a hurry anywhere you park...its a rock star...
Sponsored