First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm too stupid for some of the new toys. Will the On-x (hunt in my case) show up on the screen through Android Auto? I tried the search function on this website and was too dumb for that too.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm too stupid for some of the new toys. Will the On-x (hunt in my case) show up on the screen through Android Auto? I tried the search function on this website and was too dumb for that too.
Make that two of us. I'm old, not tech savvy and cheap which causes some issues with OnX. I have OnX Hunt, I may be understanding that OffRoad may be available through Android Auto. I searched the OnX website and can't see for sure. I'm not going to purchase OffRoad also since Hunt has most of the usable info for me and as I said I'm cheap.

Mainly I'm commenting on your post to bump and maybe a tech savvy member can help out.

OP
OP

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure would be nice if it worked. We have a lot of public land in our area that's not marked. Would love to have it up on the big screen.

Edit: on-X hunt doesn't show up in the apps that can be added through the launch setup. If there's a way to do it, it will probably need to be done through one of the off-brand funky boxes some people have been using.
Sounds like most of them are pretty unreliable.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OnX Off-road works with both Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

OnX Hunt recently became available on Carplay. They say Android Auto is coming.
So it’s a waiting game . . . then.

Good to know. Now if they get their (Android Auto) act together with my garage door opener app, I’m in business (no visor required). It also seems to me the garage door opener app’s people would prioritize compatibility with the two auto interfaces.

Funny how my biggest complaints so far have to do with third party providers.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sure would be nice if it worked. We have a lot of public land in our area that's not marked. Would love to have it up on the big screen.

Edit: on-X hunt doesn't show up in the apps that can be added through the launch setup. If there's a way to do it, it will probably need to be done through one of the off-brand funky boxes some people have been using.
Sounds like most of them are pretty unreliable.
OnX Off-road does have National Forest and BLM boundaries as well. It doesn't have private property but with the national forest and BLM you've got most of the public land.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OnX Off-road does have National Forest and BLM boundaries as well. It doesn't have private property but with the national forest and BLM you've got most of the public land.
Does it work on the Bronco?
Might have to give it a try. Thanks

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've found On X Off-Road to be essentially useless...

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey NVCowboy,
Yes OnX will display on the screen through Android Auto. This feature is very recent from OnX, and it works great on my 12" display. I should mention, and I don't think it will matter, but I am running OnX Off-Road.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine displays all land info via the Bronco screen, public and private lands. It's a nice way to pass the time on a long road trip by seeing who owns that cool piece of land or if that ungated road leading off into the mountains is public land or not. I do have the premium subscription or whatever they call it so that might make a difference in what's displayed.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine displays all land info via the Bronco screen, public and private lands. It's a nice way to pass the time on a long road trip by seeing who owns that cool piece of land or if that ungated road leading off into the mountains is public land or not. I do have the premium subscription or whatever they call it so that might make a difference in what's displayed.
Now that you say that, I checked my app and while I have private lands checked to display, they aren't!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now that you say that, I checked my app and while I have private lands checked to display, they aren't!
The trial and premium users don't include that info, only elite users get that. Might double check to be certain you have the elite subscription.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The trial and premium users don't include that info, only elite users get that. Might double check to be certain you have the elite subscription.
Ah, premium only for me.
Sponsored