Sponsored

Onboard door storage with sliding tailgate?

OP
OP
Dewreckingcrew

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that the whole part includes the tray inside of a new raised "floor". This will reduce the height from floor to top but I'd be surprised if it was so much that the stored doors would no longer fit. Looks like maybe 5" higher?
I only have this picture to judge off of, but it looks like 5” would be a problem...but does the Bronco pictured already have the slide out?
Ford Bronco Onboard door storage with sliding tailgate? B514213C-4410-4FE7-8C8C-A578F9D9C58C
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only have this picture to judge off of, but it looks like 5” would be a problem...but does the Bronco pictured already have the slide out?
Ford Bronco Onboard door storage with sliding tailgate? B514213C-4410-4FE7-8C8C-A578F9D9C58C
Honestly, it does not look promising based on that.

For me, losing the under floor storage is a big enough factor to go without the current slide-out tray (at least until a better design is available that makes that area accessible.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like Aman's ideas to just make something of our own... Don't know how to engineer it to sit on.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like Aman's ideas to just make something of our own... Don't know how to engineer it to sit on.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having both. The under storage for bottle jack and odds and ends... And a sliding assembly to sit on.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having both. The under storage for bottle jack and odds and ends... And a sliding assembly to sit on.
Just spit balling here, you could attach the sliders to the rear seat brackets, which would allow you to swing it up to access the compartment and also slide it out. The nice thing about the Ford version is that you don't have to remove any items you have in the rear to slide out the "tailgate".

It shouldn't be too difficult to custom engineer something that will work even better than Ford's solution.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the Ford engineered option will allow 2 people to stand on it, not sure I could pull that off on my own
With the right drawer sliders it shouldn't be a problem.

Ford's design sure is pretty, though!

Ford Bronco Onboard door storage with sliding tailgate? Bronco-tailgate-1536x1024

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Onboard door storage with sliding tailgate? Bronco-tailgate-1536x1024
So I'm wondering... If standard gets me the cubbies, then can you add the slider assembly and cut a hatch into the top piece for access under when slider is extended?

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

does anyone know the approximate cost of adding the slide out panel and also the tailgate table that drops down?

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bronco-tailgate-1536x1024.jpg
That HAS to be hinged or removable in some way. We've seen pics of the jack storage beneath the floor. I can't imagine blocking access to the jack or making a secondary spot for it just for an accessory. Maybe the slides/tray mount to the floor at the existing tie down points, then the top just sits/snaps in place.

edit:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/something-i-havent-seen-yet.7156/#post-263440

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That HAS to be hinged or removable in some way. We've seen pics of the jack storage beneath the floor. I can't imagine blocking access to the jack or making a secondary spot for it just for an accessory. Maybe the slides/tray mount to the floor at the existing tie down points, then the top just sits/snaps in place.

edit:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/something-i-havent-seen-yet.7156/#post-263440
I agree that they must have engineered it with a way to easily access the jack. Your description of how it should work sounds just about perfect to me.

Will be interested to see how Ford actually tackled this. However, considering it's not going to be available until late next year, they may still be tweaking the design.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

edit:

This is what I was thinking. Tie downs removed and the sides of the tray bolted in their place. Slide out the tray and either lift or remove the top to access the storage. Just how easy that will be remains to be seen, but the Bronco does come with tools.

What I haven't seen is bolt storage for the doors and top. I really hope they came up with a solution for that.
Sponsored

Last edited: