Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Turned in my leased crosstrek this morning and now we are officially down to one car (wife’s forester). We’re both working from home and were not using both vehicles during the pandemic; however, as things start to open up, it might become difficult. It will be interesting to see if I am able to go the distance. Anyone else in the same situation?
P.s. I have a same night within an hour reservation, so if I drop out a bunch of people move up in line haha.
Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Turned in my leased crosstrek this morning and now we are officially down to one car (wife’s forester). We’re both working from home and were not using both vehicles during the pandemic; however, as things start to open up, it might become difficult. It will be interesting to see if I am able to go the distance. Anyone else in the same situation?
P.s. I have a same night within an hour reservation, so if I drop out a bunch of people move up in line haha.
My lease on my crosstrek ends in June and am doubting I’ll have a Bronco by then. I have a 30 year old Miata that I might have to rely on if I don’t keep the Crosstrek longer. It’s too late now, but that is an option for future reference. Usually it’s the same payment and you just pay a little extra in state sales tax.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not in that boat yet but if I get a good offer on my 2018 Tucson I'll sell it. I'm pretty sure we can make 1 car fly, but time will tell.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gave my F-150 lease back to the dealer in Septemberish and got $3500 back because the dealership was so short on used trucks. Couldn't pass that deal up at all. I am also working from home and my wife just works when she wants (per diem RN). It has been working really well with just one car (except for the time I forgot she was at work and I ordered a pizza for pick up:eek:). I have been putting what would have been my truck payment and insurance into an account for my down payment on the Bronco. I had not driven my 5.0 convert in 20 years and decided to get that in running condition, so I do have it if I absolutely have to go somewhere.

Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same here....turned in my Fusion lease in late Sept and just on the 07 edge now. My wife normally WFH full-time regardless, so hoping we can just wait it out until summer-fall. My res is July 20th.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Pregnant wife at home, and I'm using her car to get to work and back. Sometimes, like today, she drops me off in the morning and picks me up later, because she needs the car today. My 4runner is pretty rusty underneath and too expensive/not worth it to box in the frame. So it's inspection ran out in July and we've been sharing one car ever since. I'm holding out as long as I can, and checking Craigslist and used car dealers for and super cheap (~4k) small pickup truck that will stay road legal until my prospective bronco can finally be collected.

OP
OP
Googz13

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My lease on my crosstrek ends in June and am doubting I’ll have a Bronco by then. I have a 30 year old Miata that I might have to rely on if I don’t keep the Crosstrek longer. It’s too late now, but that is an option for future reference. Usually it’s the same payment and you just pay a little extra in state sales tax.
I was thinking about an extension but, the car was due for service soon and would have had to make another insurance payment. The old miata sounds like a good time.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did that for a month and a half. Harder to do when you have kids.

i was considering a Miata for a bridge vehicle.$8k and they’re almost fully depreciated and would have been fun.

I found that my mechanic was selling their 07 Audi A4 manual with some performance mods. 87k miles. So cherry. Picked it up for 10k . We love it so may keep it when the bronco comes and turn in my wife’s highlander.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a bit of a better situation, although tight for what I've been used to. Not too many moons back all I had was a $300 1987 Toyota, so it's all perspective.
We have the '19 Z71 and both cars (2004 Acura TL and 1994 Cobra) we have already purchased/handed down to both daughters who will be driving age come mid-next year, so timing is tight.
For the pretty days (between March and October when it's not storming)I do have the motorcycle.
Wife is WFH but always seems to be a DR. appointment or something coming up, so 1 would be really difficult for a while if it comes down to it.
Several project vehicles in various stages of completion, none roadworthy.
Sold off my Expy and C10's.
Good thing is the down payment and 2 week trip back home fund is looking good, provided nothing crazy happens between now and then to eat it up.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are both WFH and no real indicator on when if we both go back. My work is saying at least 3-6mo into 2021 while my wife's work has been rumored in thinking about making her job permanently WFH.

After our 09 fusion spun a rod and the timing of the bronco did not make sense to put in a junkyard motor for 12-18 months to get half that cost back at best when the bronco does come out. Was driving my 94 Mustang and just passed inspection 2 weeks ago. Only driving it 1x a week or two since going full time WFH in mid March. So worst case I figure I might have to drive the mustang for 3-4mo and why waiting for late availability is not in the cards for me. If no Bronco would have bought a 4 runner or ranger last summer.

chipstar

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also down to 1 car. Sold my WRX to Carvana for a great price. Holding out for the Bronco, but if it gets pushed back much, may be looking for a 1 year lease.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yup, same situation - been working from home for nearly 2 years and no signs of going back any time soon. Sold our 2017 Chevy 1500 Z71 last month and down to just our 2011 Audi S4 as we wait for the Bronco. Got a fantastic price for the truck, rolling the payments into the savings. Can't wait for the beautiful beast.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sold my F-150 in June for a good price. Figured I would have my Bronco around December so we could live with her SUV and my motorcycles and Corvette.

Now with all issues with the MIC top, and @Ford changing to allocation priority instead of reservation not sure I'll even have a build date before April. When its below 45 its to cold to drive my car, tires will crack.

Curious to see how we do through the winter. Summer and fall was easy

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the experience thru Carvana? Any issues or delays with them paying out the funds? Did you all own the car flat out or some funds had to be paid to finance co? How about, any lower adjustment values on their part once they saw or picked up vehicle you all sold? Thanks!

We did the same. Sold one of our cars because we're just not using both right now. Got an incredible price through Carvana as well ($4000 over KBB).
Also down to 1 car. Sold my WRX to Carvana for a great price. Holding out for the Bronco, but if it gets pushed back much, may be looking for a 1 year lease.
Sponsored