Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stopped by my local automotive paint supply company and they didn’t have the 2021 color books. The guy asked what I needed and I told him that I wanted to see Cactus Grey for the new Bronco because there has been some confusion as to the real color and I was going to be ordering mine soon.

He checked the computer and had the color formula. He said, come back tomorrow and I will have a card painted with the color that you can have.

I taped the card to my car, one pic is in full sun and the other is me providing shade. Pics were taken with an IPhone. If you were on the fence on color choice I hope this helps, I know it has help with my decision after seeing the color for myself.

Ford Bronco One more Cactus Grey thread 0C878C51-2ECE-40B1-8715-90C285EEDA50

Ford Bronco One more Cactus Grey thread 8B849E21-A114-4619-B2D5-06255E5E4701
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
grayshadow

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL that dude just gave you straight gray I think.
Now you can go to your automotive paint supplier and confirm. I’ll wait for your results to support your theory.
Ford Bronco One more Cactus Grey thread 361F9E37-54FC-458B-8E19-969D67CD38F4

Last edited:

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had just stopped by the Ford local dealer and stared at the Cactus Grey Bronco Sport for a long time. I CAN CONFIRM that the color swatch your received is very very dark

Think of the cement gray offered on the trd 4runners

I guess this pic also helps because there’s the silver car in the back and you can compare the difference.

You can also see how the paint looks in two different conditions.

On the side: with natural sunlight hitting it
On the hood: shade from the building

Not trying to say who is wrong or right, just wanted to drop this here because Area 51 and Cactus Grey has been driving me insane

98AFFE30-E153-434F-88F3-7A62C814D8AC.jpeg

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another cautionary tale about selecting a bronco color without seeing it in person. Although not the color subject of this thread, but for emphasis on seeing your intended color in person I strongly advise anyone thinking about AMB to see it in person in natural light, not intense, interior dealer lighting from directly overhead. Even with With intense lighting, natural or oherwise, the ability to pop is extremely limited by angles of the light. There are various beautiful photos of it on this site. But you might see them that way 5% of the time IMHO. Mostly black. And the cactus gray is another color that is transitory between lighting conditions but not to to the same extreme.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please go to the dealer near you that has a CG Bronco Sport and tell me that swatch you received is the same color. That looks more like leadfoot or Sting gray than anything else

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't care if you have the best lighting , the best camera made , have said camera settings perfect , people still believe another picture is going to look realistic on my cheap ass work monitor ,lol .

Sponsored
OP
OP
grayshadow

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please go to the dealer near you that has a CG Bronco Sport and tell me that swatch you received is the same color. That looks more like leadfoot or Sting gray than anything else
Just found one located near me and made an appointment for this afternoon. Will take the color swatch, if nothing else just want to see this color in person.

OP
OP
grayshadow

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been trying to find at a local dealer and just found one. Have an appointment this afternoon

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just found one located near me and made an appointment for this afternoon. Will take the color swatch, if nothing else just want to see this color in person.
Take photos with the swatch. Curious to how it matches up without the camera colour-correcting for the background colours in your first photos.

May be closer than it looks...May be way off.
Sponsored