2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel it should be ala carte as well. I see it as me wanting the universal garage door opener and my wife getting everything else in the lux package. We do have the garage door opener on our iphones which is what I use when driving my wrangler and the top off. But Id also be silly to think that sheā€™ll be ok with anything less than the High package. This will be her 4dr Badsquatch by the way.
Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Come on man.

You expect a super deluxe 4 door manual transmission sasquatch with roof rack AND you expect that monstrosity to fit in your little suburban garage next to your edger, recycle bin, bicycle and your rolling perennial planting stool on wheels? Really?

Keep that thing outside and back it in to defend your house from zombie attack.

Everyone should know that you have a Bronco 24/7.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's truly amazing to me what some people think should be standard in vehicles...Then people complain about base models costing too much.
I will say that your garage is Bronco sized... but not many are.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's truly amazing to me what some people think should be standard in vehicles...Then people complain about base models costing too much.
Iā€™m not buying base. Iā€™ll be paying around $45k and wonā€™t have a garage door opener. Kinda silly.

Sponsored

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine will have the lux package, but Iā€™m thinking I wonā€™t even program the openers. We have a two car garage. My sedan and the wifeā€™s car will still occupy those slots. The Bronco belongs outdoors! Likely there will be nights the Bronco sits outdoors without a roof or doors. Iā€™m not comfortable knowing that someone can hop in and open my garage door.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m not buying base. Iā€™ll be paying around $45k and wonā€™t have a garage door opener. Kinda silly.
Hell, you could be buying a FE for $60K and not get the garage door opener. Crazy!

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine will have the lux package, but Iā€™m thinking I wonā€™t even program the openers. We have a two car garage. My sedan and the wifeā€™s car will still occupy those slots. The Bronco belongs outdoors! Likely there will be nights the Bronco sits outdoors without a roof or doors. Iā€™m not comfortable knowing that someone can hop in and open my garage door.
Iā€™m a firm believer in the garage being for toys so out daily drivers donā€™t go in the garage. But we use the garage doors for ingress and egress all of the time.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m a firm believer in the garage being for toys so out daily drivers donā€™t go in the garage. But we use the garage doors for ingress and egress all of the time.
I've got three garages; the house garage where my wife's car, our Polaris Ranger, and the grandkids three Powerwheels are parked, a shop in the back where I park my F-350, and a detached 2 car where I park my Challenger (to be replaced by the Bronco) and my tractor, and all three have openers on them. I use the house garage for ingress when I drive the Challenger. I also have a gate on my property that has an opener. I'd rather not have three openers floating around the inside of the Bronco. I live in a rural area in the desert southwest and would rather not be surprised by some slithering critter while I'm driving, not to mention all the dust.

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In this instance the daily and toy cost about the same new (my assumption prior to official B&P). I would much rather have the DD garaged. Daily starts in climate control are much better on the longevity of the car and cost less in wasted gas on remote starts to make the initial commute comfortable. We use our front door if parking in the driveway. Our driveway is over 3 vehicles deep, so I can get the daily in and out around a toy parked there. Different situations I suppose.

Sponsored

uturn

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider124
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why isnā€™t a universal garage door opener standard? Itā€™s in the lux package which seems a bit cheap of Ford. Canā€™t remember the last car or truck Iā€™ve had that didnā€™t come with one.
In case Ford sees this, my gripe is that blind spot monitoring (BLIS) is not standard and not even available without the mid package. I have to pay 4500 to get from Base to Big Bend, just to add another 2500 with the Mid, all to get blind spot monitoring which is important on a big wide vehicle. Also bothersome about this is that Ford issued press releases about how the 360 safety features, including BLIS would be standard on every Ford vehicle. Now a $7000 option. This lack of common sense or concern for safety from Ford has me window shopping Toyota and Land Rover. The base Defender has just about everything available on a Bronco, and more (with really only leather seats missing from the base model). I hope Ford wises up about this because it could be my deal breaker issue. Still hoping it'll be available stand alone when Build Your Own comes out.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Little pro tip: if you use Apple CarPlay and have your garage door opener setup through CarPlay, opening and closing your garage will be an option on your main screen for CarPlay when you are close to your home.

I didnā€™t think about the fact that you shouldnā€™t keep much in your car if your driving around with a soft top or the top down. Good call there. The CarPlay solution makes this even better for this issue though!

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Little pro tip: if you use Apple CarPlay and have your garage door opener setup through CarPlay, opening and closing your garage will be an option on your main screen for CarPlay when you are close to your home.

I didnā€™t think about the fact that you shouldnā€™t keep much in your car if your driving around with a soft top or the top down. Good call there. The CarPlay solution makes this even better for this issue though!
In this instance the daily and toy cost about the same new (my assumption prior to official B&P). I would much rather have the DD garaged. Daily starts in climate control are much better on the longevity of the car and cost less in wasted gas on remote starts to make the initial commute comfortable. We use our front door if parking in the driveway. Our driveway is over 3 vehicles deep, so I can get the daily in and out around a toy parked there. Different situations I suppose.
My opener isnā€™t WiFi enabled. Is there an adapter that can be added that plays nice with CarPlay?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you live in a climate that has heavy snow and serious hail every summer?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm fine with it not being standard, but requiring the most expensive package just to get this does seem a little off.

Especially with a vehicle designed to have no doors/roof - where you wouldn't want to just leave a normal remote on the visor.
Sponsored