John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IT should definitely be standard with every car now. And as for the soft top, just have the buttons live when the car is on. That is how most of them work now anyway -
also why such the big deal - just add it aftermarket -

Ford Bronco One small gripe - universal garage door opener not standard 1598276888914
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My opener isn’t WiFi enabled. Is there an adapter that can be added that plays nice with CarPlay?
it's tied to the actual garage door equipment, so, unfortunately, you'll have to change to a HomeKit compatible garage door, and sometimes also buy an additional module. Google "HomeKit enabled garage doors" and you'll find exactly what you need.

Reactions: fv9

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally do not want a "home theft key" left behind in my vehicle. Maybe we don't live in the greatest area, but I always remember someone in my office building getting their vehicle stolen, driven to their house, and using the remote to break into his house.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have one car in the driveway right now... and I DON'T have a garage door opener in it. I removed it.

Think this through... you are out of the house... But that Bronco is outside... With a soft top... or maybe no top... You don't lock the door from the garage to the house... Connect these dots.

For these reasons, maybe a programmed one makes sense.

Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You would not want this anyway. I doubt ford is going to install a super secure garage door opener. You're better off saving the money on a more secure remote that you can lock away when you have the top or doors off.

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you are rockin’ out a soft top this isn’t always the best option for security reasons. I had to hide my opener in the Jeep. However it should be a standalone option for those of us that would like to have it at any trim level. Locking it to the Lux package limits it to OBX and above.
Welp, you probably just saved me there from making that mistake

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's remarkable how much overlap in price there is between those 2

Unfortunately you can't get a manual in a 3 anymore?‍♂

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So either make it a stand alone option or put it in all of them and the owner can decide to program it or not.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would not want this anyway. I doubt ford is going to install a super secure garage door opener. You're better off saving the money on a more secure remote that you can lock away when you have the top or doors off.
How do you know what I would want Or what I’m better off with? I absolutely want it. I don’t want to have to lock away anything and then pull it out to use it to park in my garage.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
M cars and 2 series rear drivers are the only ones left
Even the z4 is auto only

4 series coupe may still have manual but that's in it's last year and will most likely go the way of the 3 and kill the manual in the new generation

Just another reason they've most likely lost a lifelong customer

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you know what I would want Or what I’m better off with? I absolutely want it. I don’t want to have to lock away anything and then pull it out to use it to park in my garage.
Okay. (y) Go for it.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love my wife’s universal garage door opener in her Subaru Ascent. It’s such a simple addition that I’m surprised it isn’t standard across all auto makers. I also love that the Subaru Eyesight system is also standard on most models. It includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist and Sway Warning, Pre-Collision Braking, and Pre-Collision Throttle Management - all standard. Really wish Ford and all other auto makers would make this jump. I think Toyota has started to.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have our house wired for Alexa, works great, turns on the lights when we get about a block from home and it is keyed to our phones. I imagine you could do the same with the garage door if desired.

When the spouse it out after dark I know she is close when the hall light pops on. Big tech is watching..
Sponsored