Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fantastic right up and I’m just up the road from you in Utica Ohio so I will keep an eye out! If somebody in a huge blue four-wheel-drive van or a blue F150 honks it’s me!
We're just down the road in Pataskala... our kids play in LCL league sports and I'm the Percussion Director for Watkins Memorial HS. Keep an eye out! We'll be up in Johnstown both tonight and Friday.
Sponsored

Last edited:

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great writeup and awesome to see the responses in the first post. Thanks for sharing!

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the great review. Any whistling noise from the mirrors? A couple of other members have mentioned it, and I am curious to see if its wide spread or confined to a particular model.
I have a pretty steady whistling with the top down. It comes from the middle top of the windshield as best I can tell. It is not loud, and it does come and go. It may be cross winds or other conditions, but it seems to happen for me at midrange speeds (say 40 mph). It is also slightly audible with the soft top closed.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if there is going to be a Ford performance tune upgrade for the 2.3 in the Bronco like there is for the mustang.

Jojotddm

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the review. Quick question in regard to the hard top. I read somewhere that you can NOT remove the clamshell back hardtop piece (over the cargo area) and then have the 3 hard-top pieces (2 over the front seats / 1 over the back seat) back on the vehicle and drive around. Basically need the rear clam-shell in place which then holds the piece above the back seat in place which then holds the 2 pieces above the front seats in place. Is that correct? Will there be some sort of work-around that might allow the 3 pieces of hardtop to be clipped in but the big clam shell piece over the cargo area to still be removed?

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if there is going to be a Ford performance tune upgrade for the 2.3 in the Bronco like there is for the mustang.
Yes there will be. I think it's the ford performance pack, or something like that. It was in an accessories pdf

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the cargo mat hold up If I have 6 ears of corn in one hand, a dog that likes to sniff stuff in the other, and Johnny Knoxville is asking me how much does coffee weigh in the McDonalds parking lot ?
I've heard this is a thing.

I Joke.
The Mirror whistle thing is something new I DID learn on this thread, though.
I find that curious and surprising at the same time.

My TJ has pod lights and a light bar, so I expected it.
What I did not expect was a constant whistle from the mirrors and none from the lights?!

Interesting, for sure, to see something similar here with the more streamlined profile the Bronco has (and placement).

Mine are literally square windbreakers hanging out there in space and the ones on the 6G are quite smaller, rounded, don't sit to where they create a tunnel between them and the windshield frame..
Maybe I'm crazy, but I find this to be an odd development, and unexpected, really.

And Congrats, Ross. It's a beauty.
Loving the non-squatch look a lot better than I thought (non Squatch BL here).
Obligatory pic of my brick-shaped mirrors for comparison:
Ford Bronco One Week In - How livable is the new Bronco? 1st Uwharrie mud bath 5.30.21

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to divert the thread, but the green on that pickup truck..........(y)

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to divert the thread, but the green on that pickup truck..........(y)
Agreed. Old Dent-side Lookin' fine there. Even for a long bed.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Mirror whistle thing is something new I DID learn on this thread, though.
I find that curious and surprising at the same time.

My TJ has pod lights and a light bar, so I expected it.
What I did not expect was a constant whistle from the mirrors and none from the lights?!

Interesting, for sure, to see something similar here with the more streamlined profile the Bronco has (and placement).
This needs a thread of its own with a poll for current and new owners. Seems like a big deal to me.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know, guys. Waiting until 2023 just to get my painted top (IMO the only one that looks at all decent)? Rubicon's looking better every day - and they're available!
I can't imagine buying a Jeep after you drive a Bronco, unless you are planning 40" tires and rock crawling, making SFA worth the trade off. It's just a way, way more livable vehicle in every way. But we each have our preferences!

radprez

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4-Motion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't imagine buying a Jeep after you drive a Bronco, unless you are planning 40" tires and rock crawling, making SFA worth the trade off. It's just a way, way more livable vehicle in every way. But we each have our preferences!
No 40" tires or rock crawling. Just want to have something to drive before 2023 - and I think 2023 might be a bit suspect. It's kinda disheartening reading all these accounts of people with their new Broncos.

BroncosWest

First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

First of all, this thing is every bit as smooth and drivable on-road as my Flex
You had me at the driveable on-road as the Flex! My Mom has a 2013 Flex and that thing is awesome.
Sponsored