Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To honestly answer the OPā€™s question:

4A is just the ability for the Bronco to stay in 2H and ā€œinstantaneouslyā€ transfer torque to the front wheels by engaging 4H when slip is detected (without you having to reach down and engage 4H)... all while allowing some slippage between axles thanks to a clutch pack. This means you can leave it in 4H on otherwise high traction surfaces without fear of drivetrain binding.

What youā€™re describing in the Explorer is the symptoms of an open differential, which all Broncoā€™s have. In an open diff torque follows the path of least resistance, so if one will is free to spin, the motor will just spin that one wheel.

What *should* happen (in modern cars including the Bronco) is the vehicle will apply brake force to the wheel thatā€™s spinning, effectively transferring torque back to the opposite wheel on the same axle. This has the effect of mimicking a limited slip differential. (If the effort to spin the slipping wheel is greater than to turn the wheel thatā€™s propelling the vehicle, youā€™ll start moving again from the wheel with the traction)

The down side is youā€™re technically losing some power to heat on the side thatā€™s being braked... but from the driverā€™s seat you shouldnā€™t be left stranded, and assuming itā€™s a temporary slippery patch, youā€™ll be right back on your way without drama.

When the vehicle starts to cut engine power all together, thatā€™s when things are getting really complicated. More complicated than my whiskey brain can address right now.
DVR binging "Moonshiners"?

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see why Badlands is so popular. Iā€™m tempted, but feel like the lighter/less-expensive Bender (with bronze Method rims) is what Iā€™ll stick with.
Yea. Ticks me off they wonā€™t allow me to get mid pack on lower tier with 7spd manual. I could live with way it was but they force you to bump to badlands to get most of what you want. I find it ridiculous I have to pay $8-10k more for a few options that should cost me no more than $3k tops but have to spend $5-7k more just to get what I want šŸ˜”

packages...always packages...

well Ford, I got your package swingingšŸ¤£

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m going to have a problem forgetting that itā€™s a truck. Iā€™ll have a GT500 to fall back on.
You might want to steer clear of your Local Cars & Coffee events. they don't end well for drivers like you in mustangs.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea. Ticks me off they wonā€™t allow me to get mid pack on lower tier with 7spd manual. I could live with way it was but they force you to bump to badlands to get most of what you want. I find it ridiculous I have to pay $8-10k more for a few options that should cost me no more than $3k tops but have to spend $5-7k more just to get what I want šŸ˜”

packages...always packages...

well Ford, I got your package swingingšŸ¤£
If you mean that bag of cash you are willing to hand over, I am sure they will accept your ā€œpackageā€

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you mean that bag of cash you are willing to hand over, I am sure they will accept your ā€œpackageā€
To quote a commercial "Nice package".

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im curious if there's a dealer who can install a mid package in Black Diamond while keeping 7spd manual? If so? I'll save a bundle
Sponsored