Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used the alignment pin on the bottom. It was the top hinge that wasnt in and once it tilted back the bottom hinge just slid over the pin.
@ChrisB351 I did the exact same thing you did. My door had the pin in the bottom hinge as we are supposed to do and the door slipped off the top hinge without warning and the corner of my door got just as bent as yours. I went to a dent repair place and for $100, they did the best they could, but it is still bent. I am not sure if I am just going to live with it or look around at body shops to take a shot at it.

As others have said, I should have bought the door bags. The weight of the two door doors is no joke.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisB351

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can see where the weight might be an issue but after owning 2 JKU wranglers these doors arent any heavier. Theyre slightly bigger (length) but without the window frame and having the lower handle its much easier to handle. The problem is the squared off fitting on the top hinge. If you dont have the door at a certain angle it wont drop in.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was not that bad and they said I needed to get a new door skin - ordered it in July - still not arrived - Aluminum they said had stretched too much and a repair was not going to work so they ordered a whole new skin for me. I am still having a blast but will be taking doors off over an air mattress in the future :)

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
If and when I ever get a Bronco, I'm gonna make a little crash pad out of a pallet on casters with a new mattress on top for removing doors and the top.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The world is in for a surprise when all these new aluminum body panels on new cars face the reality that very few body shops have people who know how to work on aluminum. Get ready to have fewer choices, wait longer, and pay more.

Reactions: jxc

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took more of a notice on my jeep and saw that the corners are rounded vs squared off like Ford did....makes me wonder if they know something Ford has yet to realize.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After my first install, I opted for a safety net, so to speak. I use a Harbor Freight transmission Jack to support and position the door. It takes all the weight so all I have to do is worry about the alignment and seating of the hinges. I am usually doing it solo and this really makes it easy.

Full length door edge guard with bolts and wrench at the ready.
Ford Bronco Oopsie... dropped and dented my door this weekend 15BAF9AA-5AF4-43E5-9EC5-DFF5B9788952

Jack positioned and set to approximate height.
Ford Bronco Oopsie... dropped and dented my door this weekend 919CB46D-7386-45EB-B524-C168B354F8B3

Door with bag rests on the jack while aligning the hinges and installing the bolts. Final adjustment to the jack height can be done with one hand thanks to Mr. Dewalt.
Ford Bronco Oopsie... dropped and dented my door this weekend 1BE8F9ED-E087-4A67-9B63-2A483128226B

Lower the jack and peel off the bag.
Ford Bronco Oopsie... dropped and dented my door this weekend 8E16DCDB-E4EC-4679-AE64-9D547E4B37AB

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the dreaded dropped my door this weekend. First time taking them off. Ive had jeeps for years and their hinge design is so much easier. When trying to hang the door I guess I didnt have the top part in and soon as I loosened my grip on the handle it felt to the driveway. I had to hammer it out just to close the door.

Ive seen several others do the same thing and wondering what the outcome was for repair. Was it able to fixed or did the door have to be replaced? Im going to get estimates today and curious what to expect.

Ford Bronco Oopsie... dropped and dented my door this weekend 8E16DCDB-E4EC-4679-AE64-9D547E4B37AB

Get the bags next time.

Sponsored

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bag wouldnt prevent an impact and dent tho... :rolleyes:
I get that. But trust me, it's MUCH harder to drop them with the bags. Seriously, you should really consider it. I'm saying this from a place of love. If not for you, then at least for your Bronco doors.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A bouldering crash pad would probably be the best. It is light, folds up and specifically designed to absorb impacts.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hinge on the Jeep is on the same side that you are holding the door which makes it easier to see alignment.
The hinge on the Bronco is obscured by the door sheet metal and is hard to see when you are lifting the door.
I've had someone help me when I took them off and put them on because of this.
Quick question: When you install your Bronco doors, are you standing on the inside of the door (between door and body), or on the outside of the door? :unsure:

When I remove my doors, which I do frequently, I stand on the inside of the door, and I don’t see any door sheet metal blocking the hinge, because I am positioned between the door and the body. The top hinge has a flange on the rear that partially blocks the keyed upper pin, but no door sheet metal is blocking the hinge. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored