Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Plenty of adults, including my 6foot+ kid, often climbed in and out of the back seat of my 2-door Dodge Dakota. And the 2-door Bronco has tons bigger doors than my Dakota had, so it should be fine.
Plus, it forces people to learn the importance of calling "shotgun!"

When you mention the 69, 74, and 77, you are talking Broncos, right?
Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am curious if a company like goose gear will make a platform for the back area? My bronco 2dr will be strictly a two seater plus dog and I see a lot of potential for a platform with storage in footwell area and possibly a slide out tray like the one featured in the 4dr prototype. If not goose gear I think I can make something functional though not as slick. Apologies if this was already mentioned.
There are a few of us including myself that are planning on this exact set-up. While there has been no confirmation by Goose Gear, the expectation is they will once they can measure the interior.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cant deny the math, no matter how inconvenient it is for you. Less with than a bronco, still manages to set three seats and a cupholder.
How wide are the wheel wells. How wide are those seats? How thick are the walls? How have safety standards increased since that car was produced?

Ford could have decided to put 3 or 4, or however many seats across the back of the 2-door... but they opted to provide two, wider, more comfortable seats.

I think FoMoCo was right to say “hey, if someone is regularly hauling around 4 passengers, the 2-door ain’t for them.

Sure, okay, if you are in the market for a two door with lots of passenger seating, you may be able to find it in a modern vehicle... But it ain’t gonna be a Bronco. It’s gonna be more like this:
Ford Bronco Open air view on Bronco 2 Door with top removed 1605186851114

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cant deny the math, no matter how inconvenient it is for you. Less with than a bronco, still manages to set three seats and a cupholder.
They are completely different vehicles. The Bronco has larger wheel wells and higher ride height. They can either shrink the wheel wells and stick skinny tires on there, or raise the floor higher over the wheel wells where you'd need a cherry picker to get in the thing. I think they did it pretty well in the 2 door, just don't expect it to be like a minivan.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is always an option.

Ford Bronco Open air view on Bronco 2 Door with top removed 1605186851114
My 96 FSB has pop-out cupholders in the back, so not sure why they can't engineer a solution like that.

I've only had passengers back there once so it's no big deal for me. My wife's 4Runner has them integrated into the armrest so that seems like another logical solution. Either way it won't affect my purchase.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be my favorite thread in the entire forum right now. I decided this week that I’m a 2D nerd again and I feel so much better! These bird’s eye shots have been super helpful for me.

We need more 2 door pics! Somebody go fill one of the BN guys up with rye and bet him he can’t post all his photos in one night.

“Seriously Bob, you can’t do it! There’s no way you can post ALL YOUR Bronco pics tonight on B6G. Hey, Bob...DUDE, put down the cat! We talked about that like 30 seconds ago remember? Yeah, I know, ok let’s walk back over here Bob, nope this way, there ya go let’s sit back down. Yes Bob, I remember your story about Lucy. No that’s ok, you don’t have to tell me again. Ok, ooookay sit down man, ya right here. Alright, here eat this it’s good, ya chips are good. Ok what’s the password to your laptop again?”

✌

Ford Bronco Open air view on Bronco 2 Door with top removed 6592B337-D4F0-458C-BAB3-F0292969ED91

Ford Bronco Open air view on Bronco 2 Door with top removed E000C0C1-7700-4E13-A9F7-016D416FDA3A

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe if we had rear facing seats like the old rear facing station wagon, Ford could squish in 3 seats? lol. just kidding. 3rd row leg room looks cramped on 2 door and 4 door in my opinion. But that is totally based on pictures for me. I'm hoping real world experience is different. But then again Ford can't figure out second row headroom in their largest SUV (Expedition). Yes, I'm 6'2" and the second row of our 2020 expedition is not good for me. Even with the seat reclined I'm hitting the roof line. Never had that problem in our 2007 expedition. Just saying.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't stop ogling this picture. makes me feel better about getting the 2 door
Same here! I can’t wait to see more 2 doors in the wild. I’ll be popping those backseats out & back in on a regular basis. ?

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rear seats in the 2 door have some good space. Good enough for me, more than I would expect from a 2-door!
I actually heard there's not much difference in rear-seat legroom between the 2-door and 4-door. The difference is all in the rear cargo area.
Sponsored