M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got the strap with bags for my 4-door.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My door just go on the couch in the garage. I donā€™t use the bags at all. Just grab under at the lift spot and the outside handle. No issues taking them off or putting them on.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will let you know what I find out. I am going to follow up with the dealership this week.
You paid for it, so Ford owes you a harness. Simple as that. But yeah, it costs like $600 by itself through Parts.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are for sure going to store the doors in the back, get the onboard storage bags but make sure Ford or the dealer give you the straps that come with the set, they are ridiculously expensive.

If you just plan to take the doors off occasionally to store at home, get the garage bags. Heftier, more padding, and cheaper. And right now is a good time to take advantage of Fordā€™s 20% off sale because their shipping is also ridiculously cheap for the two large boxes they come in. Only $7.95 shipping to Arizona. Also suggest DMā€™ing @flip about them here on 6G. I get them cheaper than Fordā€˜s sale through him. Doors are off and padded and safe, and I wouldnā€™t have wanted to remove or install without them.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any pics of the garage bags? I have the bags with harness that came with my bronco and they are surprisingly stout. Nice re enforced corners and I think well padded. I canā€™t put them on board since I have the locking drawer. But my wifeā€™s bronco will not have the locking box right away so maybe we will use the harness on hers. I doubt it tho as it takes all your cargo space up. What do you all do with recovery gear and coolers with the doors stores in the back?

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. I'll do the same. I saw a posting on a different forum page where a person said they got that strap with their door bags. I sent that person a message asking to confirm.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/4-door-storage-bags-at-350-a-waste-of-money.14472/post-529033
This is very strange. If you ordered the door bags when you ordered your Bronco (which I remembered doing but apparently didn't carry over when I had to do the 22 reorder), the bags come with the strap and are made to be stored in the rear. If you order them through Ford accessories, in the description section, it says, "Not compatible with on-vehicle storage."

I don't understand what the difference between the two door bags are or why Ford would make one's that can be stored in the rear and others that can't? Also, the one's that you can store in the vehicle and come with the harness are $350 while the one's that can't be stored in the vehicle are $430 (for both front and rear). I can't even find an option to purchase the one's that can be stored in the vehicle.

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much more padded are the garage bags vs onboard bags? Has anyone seen both to compare?

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much more padded are the garage bags vs onboard bags? Has anyone seen both to compare?
I have no idea, but a friend of mine has the bags designed to be stored in the vehicle. I'm going to try and swing by his place to compare them. Will let you know once I do. If anyone else can chime in on this topic, please do.

Sponsored

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no idea, but a friend of mine has the bags designed to be stored in the vehicle. I'm going to try and swing by his place to compare them. Will let you know once I do. If anyone else can chime in on this topic, please do.

That would be awesome, thanks!
I am going to buy bags but not sure which ones would be better. I don't think I will ever store on board but you never know, especially if someone makes an after market harness. Another advantage of the onboard bags would be taking up less room taking them on vacation when loaded up with stuff. But if the garage bags protect significantly more they may be the better choice.

Real problem, right?!

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are two different types? I must have got the garage bags if so.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If someone wants to custom make them at an Upholstery tailor I can measure mine.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø 400-600 is steep givin "inflation"

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, I was just coming on to try to figure this out. I bought the 4-door bags after the fact, and couldn't figure out where my harness was or how to store them on-board. I guess I have the "garage" ones only?

I had ZERO idea there were two different sets of bags.....and how TF is a harness over $400?? That seems insane.
Sponsored