First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS5, FORD RAPTOR 2ND GEN
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I work for a Ford garage and for years now the amount of orders given to each individual dealership varies based off of allocation or sales volume. And it doesn't matter if its a F-150 or a GT500.

I have already heard through the grape vine that they are basing the Bronco allocation on Ranger sales.

Obviously some dealers sell more than others and that means bigger dealers get more allocation.

This also means that if the dealer does actually get the right allocation amounts that it could take a lot longer to receive orders due to Ford making sure Broncos get to all dealers around the same time.

If its anything like the Focus RS people might be getting their 2021's in 2022.

What does this possibly mean though? It could mean the dealerships offering group buys could potentially not be able to supply the amount of Broncos that were ordered through them. Why? Allocation.

If a customer were to come in today and want to buy a new GT500 we could order it and submit it to get built but that doesn't mean it's actually going to get built. Even on Retail orders (not for the lot) need allocation for it to ever having a chance to get built. We are always fighting our Ford rep both ways. Some allocation we want and some we don't (transit vans for example we don't sell many).

Talking out of both sides of my mouth I also heard Ford was going to fulfill all retail orders before creating stock units for the lot. I can already confirm this is not the case for the sport as we have ordered 2 units for stock to display accessories.

Please understand that this is my opinion on the matter. I wanted to atleast voice it and have the conversation. I hope everyone gets their Bronco from whoever they want and enjoy the crap out of it!! I know I will be!
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey, you probably know more about this process than I do, but I can give you the 'idiots' opinion on the matter.

I don't see the relationship to a GT500 and the Bronco when it comes to ordering. It's comparing a special/limited vehicle to a mass produce vehicle.

Secondly, the orders are based on the chosen dealers by the buyers. I would like to think that Ford will produce these Bronco's based on what model they decide to run at that moment. And it shouldn't matter if it's going to a small or large dealer. Hell in Ford's eye, it should look like "Great, one of our smaller dealers has a ton of new orders. They are growing!"

Or, maybe I'm just wrong on all of it. Hell if I know, just my perspective.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fair point but the bronco is not an allocated vehicle like the rs, gt500 and raptor. For example the bronco is like the explorer where dealers can order a few. Granted they can’t order 100 but they can certainly order 15+

regardless, the bronco is a unique situation in that ford have not really had a non allocated car with 160k reservations.

these are the types of post that just scares the impatient people into canceling. Please speculate more so those peeps cancel their orders so I can move up.

OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, you probably know more about this process than I do, but I can give you the 'idiots' opinion on the matter.

I don't see the relationship to a GT500 and the Bronco when it comes to ordering. It's comparing a special/limited vehicle to a mass produce vehicle.

Secondly, the orders are based on the chosen dealers by the buyers. I would like to think that Ford will produce these Bronco's based on what model they decide to run at that moment. And it shouldn't matter if it's going to a small or large dealer. Hell in Ford's eye, it should look like "Great, one of our smaller dealers has a ton of new orders. They are growing!"

Or, maybe I'm just wrong on all of it. Hell if I know, just my perspective.
You're right and I thought the same way. I guess using the GT500 as an example wasn't necessarily correct. Its the same with the F-150 but not as strict.

If I didn't have allocation for a XLT 302A with a 2.7 Ford wouldn't build a retail order for one. You could probably sweet talk the Ford rep into finding allocation from another dealer but allocation amounts are set in stone kind of thing so they know how much of each trim they can build before running out of parts.

My thoughts are in the future everything will be "normal" after the first model year.

Ford wants to make sure all the dealers get Broncos before one gets 50

Sponsored
OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fair point but the bronco is not an allocated vehicle like the rs, gt500 and raptor. For example the bronco is like the explorer where dealers can order a few. Granted they can’t order 100 but they can certainly order 15+

regardless, the bronco is a unique situation in that ford have not really had a non allocated car with 160k reservations.

these are the types of post that just scares the impatient people into canceling. Please speculate more so those peeps cancel their orders so I can move up.
All vehicles whether its a Transit Van or a Fiesta has allocation so that's not true.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for your insights and just my humble opinion I feel Ford needs to communicate with their dealerships. People get turned off when they visit or call their dealership of choice and get a litany of different answers to questions about ordering, delivery, price, etc. Yeah yeah, we all know each dealership is a franchise Ford cooperate does not control pricing yadi yadi... I really feel that it is time for Ford to open their communication with both the dealers and their clients that have reservations in. I do not want to hear from the diehard "Bronco for life" crowd, because I believe the majority of this site are big fans. If the aforementioned does not happen in the next month or two people will leave. I am just saying. I want my Bronco now, but we just have to wait for more information and less speculation, B&P, discounts, ordering and delivery. Cheers

OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for your insights and just my humble opinion I feel Ford needs to communicate with their dealerships. People get turned off when they visit or call their dealership of choice and get a litany of different answers to questions about ordering, delivery, price, etc. Yeah yeah, we all know each dealership is a franchise Ford cooperate does not control pricing yadi yadi... I really feel that it is time for Ford to open their communication with both the dealers and their clients that have reservations in. I do not want to hear from the diehard "Bronco for life" crowd, because I believe the majority of this site are big fans. If the aforementioned does not happen in the next month or two people will leave. I am just saying. I want my Bronco now, but we just have to wait for more information and less speculation, B&P, discounts, ordering and delivery. Cheers
PREACH!

We are left in the dark like the rest of you peasants hahaha

I think a lot of that has to do with sales people not being able to manage a drug problem let alone a corporate secret!

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry. I have ordered 2 raptors and the rs and my 1st question to my dealer was to ask if the bronco was an allocated car and they told me no. They said we can’t order 100 but we can order 10.

Btw I asked granger the same and they confirmed it.

Regardless dealerships can’t order the bronco until all reservations are met anyway.

All vehicles whether its a Transit Van or a Fiesta has allocation so that's not true.

OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry. I have ordered 2 raptors and the rs and my 1st question to my dealer was to ask if the bronco was an allocated car and they told me no. They said we can’t order 100 but we can order 10.

Btw I asked granger the same and they confirmed it.

Regardless dealerships can’t order the bronco until all reservations are met anyway.
I'm talking about all vehicles besides Bronco since that was the part that was in question. All other vehicles absolutely 100 percent are allocation based.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't use the term "allocation" to describe this >> It is TRUE that high volume dealers gets more cars because they sell them where lower volume dealers get less cars

BUT again the bronco is a unique situation. I have no proof BUT to be fair to all dealers I think Ford will let dealers submit bronco orders against reservations based on percentages. For example, Both dealer A (has 500 reservations) and Dealer B (100 reservations) will be able to order 1% against their reservation #s. 1% for dealer A with 500 reservations will = 5 broncos and for dealer B it will be 1 bronco

The above scenario will slightly change due spot in line and materials on hand (FE blue interrior)

BTW ... the reason why everyone is freaking out is because 99.9% of vehicle purchases are off the lot. I order most of my vehicles so waiting is part of the process.

Whether I am right or you are right does not matter. BUT keep scaring the hell out of these wankers so they cancel their orders.

I'm talking about all vehicles besides Bronco since that was the part that was in question. All other vehicles absolutely 100 percent are allocation based.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kwalt21

kwalt21

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't use the term "allocation" to describe this >> It is TRUE that high volume dealers gets more cars because they sell them where lower volume dealers get less cars

BUT again the bronco is a unique situation. I have no proof BUT to be fair to all dealers I think Ford will let dealers submit bronco orders against reservations based on percentages. For example, Both dealer A (has 500 reservations) and Dealer B (100 reservations) will be able to order 1% against their reservation #s. 1% for dealer A with 500 reservations will = 5 broncos and for dealer B it will be 1 bronco

The above scenario will slightly change due spot in line and materials on hand (FE blue interrior)

BTW ... the reason why everyone is freaking out is because 99.9% of vehicle purchases are off the lot. I order most of vehicles so waiting is part of the process.

Whether I am right or you are right does not matter. BUT keep scaring the hell out of these wankers so they cancel their orders.
I have learned to hold my breath with Ford over the years. What they say and what they do aren't always the same thing.

Kinda like previewing 2 broncos for the reveal with trims that aren't even going to be available to purchase.

Like in my original post I just wanted to have the conversation. I hope everyone gets their Bronco in February!

I personally will also be getting a Raptor with the 5.2 if that ever comes a reality. I had a 2018 and kick myself in the ass for getting rid of it. Best truck I've ever owned and I've had a couple haha.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This really is just "opinion." No offense, OP, but this is no different than the dealers that come on here and claim to have a bunch of info.

Weren't dealerships able to order Bronco Sport displays as well as the Bronco? These are the "mannequins" I thought. @Granger Ford mentioned this I believe?

Like everything about this process I'll believe when I see it. A guy that works in a garage isn't where I'll get my Bronco ordering info from.

Not saying you're tight or wrong but rather I'll wait and see.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.