Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ / Ford F150/ 17 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands 2 door with Sasquatch package on order. I plan on building it similar to a one that was at SEMA 2021. My question, they had put a lift/Leveling kit on theirs and Maxlider has one that will allow 37's with offset rims. Pro's and cons? Would you just order 35's with new rims and no lift to start or go all in with with lift new rims and 37's. I assume concerns are handling? ride?
Not a major crawler, hoping to make a trip to moab to try it out. I do like to play in the mud but mainly a weekend cruiser with a little excitement every now and then..
37's just look pretty awesome on it with the pictures but would 35's looks that much different? Picture of the one I am "cloning" attached
Ford Bronco Opinions/input Lift/Leveling kit Cooper tire bronco Velocity blue
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
37s certainly look bigger. I have 35s and can spot 37s easily compared to mine.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands 2 door with Sasquatch package on order. I plan on building it similar to a one that was at SEMA 2021. My question, they had put a lift/Leveling kit on theirs and Maxlider has one that will allow 37's with offset rims. Pro's and cons? Would you just order 35's with new rims and no lift to start or go all in with with lift new rims and 37's. I assume concerns are handling? ride?
Not a major crawler, hoping to make a trip to moab to try it out. I do like to play in the mud but mainly a weekend cruiser with a little excitement every now and then..
37's just look pretty awesome on it with the pictures but would 35's looks that much different? Picture of the one I am "cloning" attached
Huge difference in look of 37's vs 35's on 2 door. The Bronco doesn't have much underbody clearance, so the larger tire and lift helps a bit. The RSE steps are nice for entry with lift and 37's.

The Fox (BDS/Maxlider) or Icon spacer kits work OK. I had both, but preferred the Icon (slightly less lift and solid aluminum). Factory UCA might work with the Icon, but depending on your Bronco you might not be able to align without a aftermarket UCA. The UCA was required on my Bronco (it had almost no LCA cam adjustment range left). There are also adjustable replacement shock or coilover options available now. I had Icon spacers for a few months but upgraded to Icon coilovers.

I originally intended to use replacement wheels 17x8.5+12, but decided I liked the Sasquatch wheels with 0.75" spacer better. The advantage of factory wheels is that the spare is mounted without spacer so won't stress tailgate and will keep tire tucked to prevent damage going down moab steps. Going with the minimum poke provides better clearance and less handling issues with 37's.
With 0.75" spacers, you can get away with trimming just the crash bars for 37's. I think you will need more extreme modifications, such as JDS kit, if you go with more poke. The steering performance and durability on the Bronco is not very good, so I wouldn't want much poke.

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco, 2020 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you plan on doing any actual off-roading I personally would stay away from leveling/puck systems. They will stress your down travel. If your going for looks by all means do a leveling/puck which is what I did on my wife’s FE. She will be doing zero off-roading in it. Best way to go is doing it right and replacing the coil-overs with quality ones (ie, Kings, Fox, etc). Also do the UCAs so your up and down travel aren’t limited. When it comes to 35s/37s keep in mind with a true coil over lift you are going to loose a little bit of up travel running a 37 vs 35.
Sponsored