Opinions on Reordering

Scape Goat

Badlands
Well-Known Member
First Name
Matt
Joined
May 11, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
498
Reaction score
968
Location
Rocklin, CA
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs
 
Hey Everyone,

I need some advice. Sorry for the long story, I just want everyone to understand my train of thought. I am thinking of bailing on my current order with a production week of 2/14, and submitting a new order. I placed the order on Nov 27th 2021 without a reservation assuming that I would be 9-10 months out before I took delivery. I did add a soft top, but I thought with all the early reservations ahead of me, and that I had multiple constraint items, that I would be delayed. Well, not the case.

My wife was a little upset that they Bronco was already scheduled considering I sold it to her that it be 8 months at least before it would be delivered. My sales guy backed this theory up. Additionally, I am not "In Love," with my color choice. I was originally Cyber Orange. I changed to Cactus Gray a few weeks after my original order because I didn't want a color that was so flashy. Not exaggerating, minutes after the color change I was being previewed, and then was scheduled for production.

I feel bad for cancelling an order with a dealer. I know they will get it and mark it up, so they probably don't care. But, I know they must have X number of confirmed deliveries to the customer that made the original order (80 or 60%). I would not want to take delivery and sell for a profit. In my opinion that would put me on the same level as dealers marking up customer reservations. But, I don't think I will love the color, and honestly I would like more time to plan my down payment.

This was what I was thinking. I would cancel the current order, order another in the color I (currently) prefer, and switch to a hard top to make sure this doesn't happen as fast as last time. I figure I can always switch to a soft top again to speed it up. I eventually want dual top options, but was considering aftermarket for future hard top.

Thoughts or opinions? Thanks for the advice.


Advertisement
 

Swabodda

Wildtrak
Well-Known Member
First Name
Roger
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
58
Reaction score
56
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Everyone,

I need some advice. Sorry for the long story, I just want everyone to understand my train of thought. I am thinking of bailing on my current order with a production week of 2/14, and submitting a new order. I placed the order on Nov 27th 2021 without a reservation assuming that I would be 9-10 months out before I took delivery. I did add a soft top, but I thought with all the early reservations ahead of me, and that I had multiple constraint items, that I would be delayed. Well, not the case.

My wife was a little upset that they Bronco was already scheduled considering I sold it to her that it be 8 months at least before it would be delivered. My sales guy backed this theory up. Additionally, I am not "In Love," with my color choice. I was originally Cyber Orange. I changed to Cactus Gray a few weeks after my original order because I didn't want a color that was so flashy. Not exaggerating, minutes after the color change I was being previewed, and then was scheduled for production.

I feel bad for cancelling an order with a dealer. I know they will get it and mark it up, so they probably don't care. But, I know they must have X number of confirmed deliveries to the customer that made the original order (80 or 60%). I would not want to take delivery and sell for a profit. In my opinion that would put me on the same level as dealers marking up customer reservations. But, I don't think I will love the color, and honestly I would like more time to plan my down payment.

This was what I was thinking. I would cancel the current order, order another in the color I (currently) prefer, and switch to a hard top to make sure this doesn't happen as fast as last time. I figure I can always switch to a soft top again to speed it up. I eventually want dual top options, but was considering aftermarket for future hard top.

Thoughts or opinions? Thanks for the advice.
Take delivery on the first and sell it for $0 profit and $0 loss. Then order a different one.
 

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2020
Threads
14
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,740
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would imagine your dealer would LOVE it if you walked away. THey would mark it up and sell it quickly.
Advertisement

 

 
Top