Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did Ford envision the return of the Bronco as a practical family hauler?

I think not. In 4 dr guise it can do that duty with sufficient style if properly equipped but it comes alive as the well proportioned 2 dr. The 2 dr still has enough room for four if needed and sufficient room to be practical. It doesn’t compromise. The 4 dr for all it’s ability is still a compromise for those who must have two extra doors.
With you hear brother. I know many will try to turn this trail running off road rig into a family car, but this ain't a Tahoe or Explorer and it won't feel like one either.

The 2 door will be the best Bronco even though the 4 door will outsell it by a wide margin. Americans tend to buy stuff, particularly a car based on the one or two exceptions that they may use it for. With a rack and the seats down, the 2 door has all the room you need for a week long road trip. When wheeling you need to know how to pack correctly. Not only does this save space, but keeps your gear from sliding or even becoming airborne and hitting you in the head.

I've never seen anyone try to rock crawl or even overland with more than 3 in a vehicle. Only the new Defender 110 has enough room inside and up top for a party of 4 to overland with gear, but just barely.

Wheeling with kids will get tricky. One kid, sure, but not 2 or 3 in the back; they'd be miserable in Bronco or a Wrangler running anything besides a light trail. In this instance, you can take a Highlander.

Bronco will be a rough ride, so not the cushy suburbanite ride most are used to. Add in 33 or 35" off road tires and not only will it wander, be bouncy, and loud as hell, but will feel harsh on pavement unless you upgrade the suspension to something high end like ICON or something.

Hope everyone is going into this with an open mind and realistic expectations.

Both Broncos will hold their value pretty well based on the cool factor alone, much like Wrangler.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I raised 5 girls so I know 'girl mode' all too well. (and about 'overpacking': Suburban was too small..)
I would say it sounds like a 4 door is in you future....otherwise you probably wish you had (no matter how badd a ss the 2 door is)
I raised 1 girl, I can't even wrap my mind around the amount of space you'd need for 5 girls going camping!!!! Thanks for the input!!

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I am out camping somewhere for a few days and want to take the doors off for a joy ride through the mountains one of the days, having a place to store them in the vehicle makes it a lot easier. I live in Upstate SC where it rains a lot so I can’t really just leave them at home. Don’t want to leave them at the campsite either due to the potential of them getting stolen by someone or eaten by a hungry bear. :D
Ah! When I ran doorless all the time I was in the Southwest (AZ), which probably explains why it wasn't a major deal to me to not have doors even on camping trips!

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having an existential crisis over this. I really want a 2-door because I think it looks cooler. I feel the same way about 2-door wranglers. The 4 doors just aren't a wrangler anymore. But I worry that I'll regret the lack of doors and space at some point in the future...

Another drawback with the 4 door people aren't mentioning is the extra cost, not just from 2 door to four door but having to pay extra for a hardtop as well. Not to mention I'd almost certainly get the 2.7/auto with the 4 door; you're suddenly talking about a $7k price difference to get into the 4 door.

I do like the slide out tray but I'm guessing some aftermarket company will figure one out for the 2 door.

tl;dr My heart wants the 2 door but brain thinks I might regret it.
I keep doing the same thing. I've got solid reasons on both sides of this.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah! When I ran doorless all the time I was in the Southwest (AZ), which probably explains why it wasn't a major deal to me to not have doors even on camping trips!
Oh yeah. :) All depends on your situation and even where you live. You can’t even go two days here without it raining unfortunately. Lol. I was in Arizona in December and January. Beautiful scenery out there. A lot less humid too.

Sponsored

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh yeah. :) All depends on your situation and even where you live. You can’t even go two days here without it raining unfortunately. Lol. I was in Arizona in December and January. Beautiful scenery out there. A lot less humid too.

I sometimes forget that most of my real off-roading days and topless/doorless experience was out in AZ. We plan on moving back in another few years, so I keep framing decisions with that in mind instead of based on what Ohio weather brings!

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Main draw of the 4 door for me is the it has this monster wide-open look. With my cars, bikes, etc i always get drawn to the mean looking things. LOL. The thing looks like it should have a gun mounted to it in the middle east or something.

The main thing drawing me to the 2 door is that they’ve always had 2 doors. We have other vehicles for the kids so the room in the back doesn't matter much to me.

It’s a hard choice. I have four more months to choose. It’s all about what draws you in more.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco will be a rough ride, so not the cushy suburbanite ride most are used to. Add in 33 or 35" off road tires and not only will it wander, be bouncy, and loud as hell, but will feel harsh on pavement unless you upgrade the suspension to something high end like ICON or something.

Hope everyone is going into this with an open mind and realistic expectations.

Both Broncos will hold their value pretty well based on the cool factor alone, much like Wrangler.
I'm different , and actually like the bouncy and rough ride. it's all part of the experience to me. Loved it in my 2DR JK Wrangler.

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
6 years ago my father passed and I bought his house. The interior needed new everything. I debated long and hard about how to remodel the kitchen and bathroom and floors and paint and every damn thing. What would be better for me? What would be better in 5 years? What would be better for resale value? And so on. After talking about this with my family ad nauseum, one day my stepmother, Dad's second wife, said STOP. "It's your house. Do it the way YOU want and forget anyone else or the future. If someone else wants something else 3, 5 or 10 years from now, they will gut the house and do it their way, anyway."

I followed her advice. Every wall, tile, appliance, cabinet, closet, trim and piece of furniture in this house is ME... And now I have no intention of every leaving. (Unless I meet a hot chick with tons of money and she wants to be somewhere else, of course.)

Moral of the story: build and buy the Bronco YOU want. No one knows what tomorrow may bring. Just follow your desire and gut instincts today. You won't regret it.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it’s hard to say which will hold better value.
Jeep owners, do either 2/4DR hold value more than the other?
The 4DR is obviously more practical, but to me the 2DR is significantly better looking.
I’m going 2DR since this will be my fun, weekend car

Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sold on 2 door. It’s about the same interior size as my 4 door daily now. (Compact)
I like smaller vehicles... in a world where everything is massive for seemingly no reason. But your needs may be different from others, so best to decide what will work for you. Long term tho I think people will pay more for a 2 door since they’re likely to be less common

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door will keep its value better then 2 door. The 2 door bronco will sell more then the 2 door wrangler because it should ride a lot better. These things will ride great with the independent suspension system. The roof supposedly can handle only 150lbs so not a lot of space to put stuff. I am going 4 door for the wife and maybe 2 door down the road once the kids leave.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am getting a two door because it looks the best, I dont have kids to worry about and its a way better deal for me than the 4 door.

Don't get me wrong the 4 door is awesome too but the 2 door is 29K with the hard top.

I cant help but feel like Ford is really gouging 4 door buyers here knowing necessities dictate a 4 door for most.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd still buy the 4 door even if I intended to do more difficult offreading, which I almost certainly won't. Have you all seen the videos of the Bronco SPORT, I think in Moab? 99% of the mid size Bronco owners will never do anything as tough as what that video shows the Sport doing.
Sponsored