Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go to Detroit to get my Bronco, only place I would go to get my Bronco too. Would see family and see how much Faygo Rock n Rye a 4dr could haul back to Idaho.
can’t tell you how much I feel this🙌🏽🙌🏽
Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, I bought mine direct from SAAB while in Germany, part of the sale was free shipping to the US. I picked it up at the port in SF myself and the customs agent just made sure of the mileage, and gave me 30 days to register it in the US. I promptly got stopped for speeding on a freeway access ramp, doing 75 (speed limit was 55) before merging. If you merge slower than that in Germany you get run down. Many people take advantage of the Fly and Drive vacations to Europe, and get their car shipped home for free, nothing new.
How is that anything to do with federal and state laws and buying a vehicle? This is an example of buying a car foreign and export/importing said car.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is that anything to do with federal and state laws and buying a vehicle? This is an example of buying a car foreign and export/importing said car.
You stated "Not sure if it is a federal law or just state laws, but you have to use a dealership to purchase a vehicle."

I didn't use a Dealership at all, just picked it up from the port and registered with DMV.

cparksjr

Badlands
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Ford F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer has to do the prep and get it ready for delivery, and not sure Ford has a system in place to do this at the factory. They certainly could set something up, but might piss off some people.

Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd do this in a heartbeat...its just the trip back to Houston, TX wouldn't be fun lol!

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You stated "Not sure if it is a federal law or just state laws, but you have to use a dealership to purchase a vehicle."

I didn't use a Dealership at all, just picked it up from the port and registered with DMV.
You purchased a vehicle foreign and imported it. You purchased it with the laws in place in that country. State laws are only good for that state. Federal laws are only good for that country, for the most part. You bought the car in Germany and imported it. Has nothing to do with US laws on purchasing.

You have confused import laws with consumer laws. I bought medicine over the counter in Mexico that requires a prescription in the US. Is pretty much what you are saying.

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just had this conversation with my dealer. FYI, Jack Demmer Ford is literally right down the street from the factory and you still have to pay the delivery fee if that is your dealership. Boooooooo!

Screenshot_20210427-132224_Messages.jpg

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just had this conversation with my dealer. FYI, Jack Demmer Ford is literally right down the street from the factory and you still have to pay the delivery fee if that is your dealership. Boooooooo!

Ford Bronco Option to take your Bronco delivery in Michigan at the factory 1619544836784
I don't care about the 1500$ they can keep it

I just want asap and probably less chance to be damage during transport

I will love to be able to take possession at the factory ....

Nice road trip from Michigan to Florida

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Option to take your Bronco delivery in Michigan at the factory 1619544836784
It is shared costs. They charge everyone the same, either down the road or in Alaska. The costs average out so the manufacture makes a profit and no one gets "burned".

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Being a Corvette owner led me to seeking out this thread. Would be a cool experience for Ford to offer. Or even take delivery at an Off Rodeo or something.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can pick up any BMW from any of their factories, even if the car isn't made there. I bought a 3-series coupe and took delivery at the Spartanburg SC plant (where they only make the X and Z series SUVs and sports cars.) The order could be placed through any dealer in the country, which opened up great negotiating possibilities, as I pitted a dealer in NC against one in MD. All the paperwork was completed two weeks in advance of delivery, so the pick-up day was actually fun! Plus, I got a half day driving skills class on their test track, beating on their cars.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealer has to do the prep and get it ready for delivery, and not sure Ford has a system in place to do this at the factory. They certainly could set something up, but might piss off some people.
how about they just set up an area where we can do it and as we do it we can inspect the shit outta it and get it corrected right there?
Sponsored