First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw that an option on the Black Diamond model titled "High-Clearance Suspension" within the "Power and Handling" sub section of the "Key features" section for that model. Big fat question for Ford. Is the "High-Clearance Suspension" the same as the Sasquatch suspension in terms of lift height and fenders?
Sponsored

Last edited:

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not likely, what I've read is that the Sasquatch suspension is specific to accommodate the 35s.

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not likely, what I've read is that the Sasquatch suspension is specific to accommodate the 35s.
If that's the case, then why have an option related to tire clearance and ride height which a "high-clearance" option suggests? Ford would then be offering an option that does something other than providing the necessary clearance for larger tires such as 35 inch, which in itself is an option too? How would one get an answer from Ford on this subject?

Big thanks for your response.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Deleted member

The High Clearance Suspension is listed as being part of the Sasquatch package which includes the following:
  • 17" Black-painted aluminum deadlock-capable wheels
  • 35" LT315/70R17 BSW MT tires
  • electronic-locking front and rear axles
  • 4.7 Final Drive Ratio
  • High Clearance Suspension
  • Position-sensitive Bilstein shock absorbers
  • High Clearance Fender Flares

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This forum seems to think there are 3 suspensions.

1) High Clearance - Comes with SAS only and the consensus is it like a 1" lift. The Option you see is not stand alone.. it's optional SAS.

2) Badlands Suspen - In light of recent news, sounds like this is HC + Bash Plates + Disconnect. Does not have the infamous 10mm stopper because it has smaller tires.

3) 2" Lift - still don't know where folks are getting this from. Some people reference the Frankenstein Orange Bronco for the debut that has so many non-factory parts on it including the rear axle.... but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Deleted member

@da_jokker, I'm not arguing with anything you said as you you could be 100% correct...but I do think it is premature to categorically state what is available only with the Sasquatch package and what is available as a stand-alone option. The Ford website is vague.

For example, the High Clearance Suspension. Ford's website list this in the under the Optional tab. Does this mean it is available by itself or does this mean it is only available within the Sasquatch package? The website does not make this clear on way or the other.

Until Ford makes the build and price tool available to us, this is all speculation at best.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope i can get my Diamond with high clearance, steel wheels, lockers, the good dampners, rubber floors, and a 4.7/MT. Flares, alloy wheels, and tires I couldnt care less. Im getting swampers, bias ply tires like steel wheels, and no flares can tame swampers.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They mixed the parts of the Sasquatch package in with the rest of the options on the trim pages. For example, it also lists 35s as an option with no qualifiers, even though we know for sure those require Sasquatch.

The "compare models" pdf appears to be more reliable, and list high clearance suspension as part of Sasquatch. Also, "HOSS with Bilstein Dampers" is essentially the high clearance suspension, and is listed as "available with Sasquatch" on the chart.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This forum seems to think there are 3 suspensions.

1) High Clearance - Comes with SAS only and the consensus is it like a 1" lift. The Option you see is not stand alone.. it's optional SAS.

2) Badlands Suspen - In light of recent news, sounds like this is HC + Bash Plates + Disconnect. Does not have the infamous 10mm stopper because it has smaller tires.

3) 2" Lift - still don't know where folks are getting this from. Some people reference the Frankenstein Orange Bronco for the debut that has so many non-factory parts on it including the rear axle.... but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
Please. Spell out all your abbreviations. "SAS" means Special Air Service to me. I'm sure you don't mean that. Help?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope i can get my Diamond with high clearance, steel wheels, lockers, the good dampners, rubber floors, and a 4.7/MT. Flares, alloy wheels, and tires I couldnt care less. Im getting swampers, bias ply tires like steel wheels, and no flares can tame swampers.
That's called the Badlands.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@da_jokker, I'm not arguing with anything you said as you you could be 100% correct...but I do think it is premature to categorically state what is available only with the Sasquatch package and what is available as a stand-alone option. The Ford website is vague.

For example, the High Clearance Suspension. Ford's website list this in the under the Optional tab. Does this mean it is available by itself or does this mean it is only available within the Sasquatch package? The website does not make this clear on way or the other.

Until Ford makes the build and price tool available to us, this is all speculation at best.
oh I agree... should have posted with a disclaimer :).... my point just being is that most seem to agree that the site lists individual components as optional, but we are 99% they mean with an entire optional package.

SASQUATCH SASQUATCH SASQUATCH ,)