Sponsored

Options and accessories... Ordering will affect delivery time? Port installed?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I know the F150 has lots of options and configurations... And I think most dealers order popular setups for lot vehicles.
But with building the Bronco that YOU want, will it take months for the dealer to take delivery? A LOT of months....?

I'm gonna assume just about every accessory will be "dealer installed".

Whatever the case, I will definitely be building mine online rather than sitting down with an uneducated salesman trying to explain to him what I want!
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would guess the dealer stock/on lot models will arrive before the custom orders, and depending on what options are available I imagine some would indicate late arrival if you add it. I’m hoping to custom order mine and don’t mind waiting if it’s brand spanking new and completely how I want it

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be pretty disappointed to order this early, for delivery some time next year, and have the lots have theirs delivered first. I guess it depends on how they are built and how easy it is to change specs between builds, but I hope the few faithful who place their order this week get priority build.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what I read somewhere those from reservations are built first, with lot models to follow.

LF_BRONCO_BE

First Name
leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 ram
Would be ideal to get your ordered one delivered first, i think in reality they can probably build 2 to 1 generic factory optioned ones over custumer optioned ones and theyre going to want to fill up dealer lots fast.
But they might have a separate production line for custumer orders.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know the F150 has lots of options and configurations... And I think most dealers order popular setups for lot vehicles.
But with building the Bronco that YOU want, will it take months for the dealer to take delivery? A LOT of months....?

Whatever the case, I will definitely be building mine online rather than sitting down with an uneducated salesman trying to explain to him what I want!
If the options are dealer installed, The build shouldn't be slowed down. Dealer installed items are usually shipped directly to the dealer for them to install. With the vast number of options coming for Bronco, I'm guessing some of them would be factory installed and those could hold up production. For example, beadlock wheels were frequently out of stock on Raptors and held up production. Doing a build and price online and bringing the printout is an excellent idea. In the excitement at the dealership, it's easy to forget something. One car I ordered, I forgot Sirius radio and it was too late to change by the time I realized it.

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good point. Last time I ordered a new car from the factory, like you, I did my homework. But I also started shopping for a good dealer that would add value to the ordering experience. I looked online and started asking the club members about their experiences. I narrowed my search down to a single salesmen who was highly respected and made an appointment with him. Made for a great purchase AND ownership experience. That's what I'm in the process of now.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have concerns as well. The dealer-installed-accessories thread shows two statements from Ford that have me worried:

1) That all accessories for one VIN will be shipped to the dealer from one of the several accessory distributors.

2) That the Bronco Sport accessories are listed as "late availability".

So... can the accessory package be shipped from the distributor missing one "late" part or will the whole package be delayed.

And if the accessory package is delayed, does that delay the production of that VIN, or does that Bronco get produced and sold,, then we return the Bronco to the dealer when the accessories are ready to install.

I am very curious about all this.
Sponsored