Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted a similar response to this very detailed post below where the OP did a great job of improving on the B&Os factory speakers with a nice aftermarket amp and subwoofer. These improvements were mostly to bass and not the highs (mono amp to improve the lows) and of course new speakers to replace the factory ones: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-âś….41031/

I too have done some improvements with replacing my factory speakers. I am happy with these improvements and factory amp is acceptable as long as the top is up. But is it just me or is this system lacking clean power as soon as you take the top down (and especially remove the doors) to get over road noise at freeway speeds?? I play music at volume 23 to 25 with top fully down/doors off and can't hear full fidelity. Plus, there is so much road noise it also hides distortion so am worried i am going to blow my aftermarket speakers and have a nasty surprise when top comes back down. I wonder if Jeep's current audio system is this bad with top/doors off?

As comparison, I have a restored 1981 Jeep CJ5 with two amps (one for a box sub and the other for 4 regular speakers). It sounds great with top down so I know it can be done with these modern vehicles. But my CJ audio is much simpler than Ford's B&O! I long for the old days where it was so much easier to do your on upgrades.

I know B&O's integrated system is much more complicated than the basic Ford system and a company (Plug and Play) is supposedly working on a system for it similar to what they have developed for the base system. That could be a route to go one day but I find it hard to believe others haven’t done something else by now to give good clean power to the full range of speakers that are available. I guess some have but I think it has involved replacing the B&O system versus integrating it. Also, before some say why did you get the B&O system, I maybe one of the few, but I bought the Lux package for all the other goodies it came with as I figured over time I would improve on the B&O as well. What I didn’t count on is just how much harder it would be to update it compared to the basic system. Like I said, this is purely to get good sound when driving with top off. If you’re one that doesn’t do that, then the B&O should satisfy your needs fine.
Sponsored