First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a lot of pinstripes now and they don't bother me. My Wrangler is five years old and it just looks like it has been properly used. I am not sure I want to pinstripe the Bronco right away. Might try to keep it looking new for a few years.

What are the options to protect the vulnerable parts? Doors, mirrors, etc? I am not looking to spend several thousand on a full body wrap. Just looking for basic scratch protection.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wranglers have the magnetic door sheets that you can peel off after the run. Should not be long before those are available. Simple on and off, takes a couple seconds. $180

Ford Bronco Options to limit pinstriping? 94F39F40-32A0-4133-A170-948C78BD0EB9

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wranglers have the magnetic door sheets that you can peel off after the run. Should not be long before those are available. Simple on and off, takes a couple seconds. $180

That's a cool idea.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's gonna look great on my aluminum body panels...

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's gonna look great on my aluminum body panels...
queue the petition to have steel body panels as an option so that protective magnetic sheets can be used. Why won't Ford listen to us?!?
:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

chappyja_WNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a lot of pinstripes now and they don't bother me. My Wrangler is five years old and it just looks like it has been properly used. I am not sure I want to pinstripe the Bronco right away. Might try to keep it looking new for a few years.

What are the options to protect the vulnerable parts? Doors, mirrors, etc? I am not looking to spend several thousand on a full body wrap. Just looking for basic scratch protection.
I had my local place do a "rally pack" option for PPF on my new Acura for about $1,300. This included 3M self healing PPF and a paint correction to all areas it was applied to before application. This stuff is amazing. That price covered the entire front facia, bumper, headlights, front quarters, entire hood, backs of mirrors, door handle coves and rear bumper top where you are likely to scratch when loading and unloading. This is the first time I used this setup and 30,000 miles (mostly highway) of use...my RDX still looks BETTER than brand new. Not one chip in the front paint and I can see where some marks in the PPF definitely saved the paint. If you park the car in the sun with the PPF, it actually self heals any scratches or scuffs! The second picture was the hood after a wash last week with an LED light on it. No swirls, etc.

IMG_2597.jpeg

IMG_2703.jpeg

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t decide if I’m going to baby mine and try to get a protective film, or if I’m going to do some trails the day I get it and say fuck it.

I’m trending towards the former...

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t decide if I’m going to baby mine and try to get a protective film, or if I’m going to do some trails the day I get it and say fuck it.

:ROFLMAO: We are in the same boat!

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife and I have already decided on a 3 Step Plan for our Bronco.

Step 1 - Drive to Laura Ford in MO to pick up our Bronco.
Step 2 - Drive it home via Hwy 67 to Hwy 155 to reach Barnwell Mountain for some light to moderate off-roading.
Step 3 - Drive home and park in the driveway to admire my new pinstripes. :sneaky:

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to look into the clear wrap/film mentioned above, also want to protect the doors from my dog's claws, my Taco is pretty scratched up from Mr Impatient trying to get in before the doors are even unlocked :-D

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take off the panels before you wheel. Ford says they are simple to take off

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had my local place do a "rally pack" option for PPF on my new Acura for about $1,300. This included 3M self healing PPF and a paint correction to all areas it was applied to before application. This stuff is amazing. That price covered the entire front facia, bumper, headlights, front quarters, entire hood, backs of mirrors, door handle coves and rear bumper top where you are likely to scratch when loading and unloading. This is the first time I used this setup and 30,000 miles (mostly highway) of use...my RDX still looks BETTER than brand new. Not one chip in the front paint and I can see where some marks in the PPF definitely saved the paint. If you park the car in the sun with the PPF, it actually self heals any scratches or scuffs!
When I started reading this post I thought clear bra tech from a decade ago. But this stuff sounds pretty slick. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didnt know there was such a thing as too much pinstripping.
Ford Bronco Options to limit pinstriping? 1601238995107

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would a Ceramic Coating (NOT done by the dealer) work? Going to an aftermarket shop and having them apply it? How soon after delivery would it be viable to make sure the factory paint has fully cured?
Sponsored