Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get a lot of questions on the forums about certain installs, this particular mod being one of them. My friend Jason Hamilton and I decided to make some videos as we do some of our upgrades. While this might seem simple for many, there are a lot of Bronco owners new to upgrading their rides, so I hope this will at least help a few people. FYI this is my first YouTube video, itā€™ll be a little rough.

Next on deck is installing Adaptive Cruise Control relocation, which is probably more useful for those of you with lux package looking to change out your front bumper.

Sponsored

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thank you

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great job on the video. Regarding your mention of the simplicity, I agree: even if you've got plenty of experience working on vehicles there's a lot of value in seeing the process through and benefiting from your experience. Thanks.

I had felt behind the grill letters and I got the impression they were some kind of melted rivety deal so it was nice to see how you dealt with those. Not sure I'll be doing lit letters but still nice to see how it's done.

I do wonder why you went with this particular orientation of the camera? Wouldn't it view better in landscape?

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great job on the video. Regarding your mention of the simplicity, I agree: even if you've got plenty of experience working on vehicles there's a lot of value in seeing the process through and benefiting from your experience. Thanks.

I had felt behind the grill letters and I got the impression they were some kind of melted rivety deal so it was nice to see how you dealt with those. Not sure I'll be doing lit letters but still nice to see how it's done.

I do wonder why you went with this particular orientation of the camera? Wouldn't it view better in landscape?
My buddy filmed it on his phone, and didnā€™t know any better (Or maybe did but we did it anyway ). This was literally our first attempt at a video. Our next one was done with a real camera and should be oriented better. Next one is also the only one Iā€™ve found that will walk through installing adaptive cruise control relocation. Itā€™s still being edited.

Last edited:

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My buddy filmed it on his phone, and didnā€™t know any better (Or maybe did but we did it anyway ). This was literally our first attempt at a video. Our next one was done with a real camera and should be oriented better. Next one is also the only one Iā€™ve found that will walk through installing adaptive cruise control relocation. Itā€™s still being edited.
Nice. I'll be interested to see it.

Is the use case for relocation a winch, bar, or similar? I've been wondering about doing a winch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice. I'll be interested to see it.

Is the use case for relocation a winch, bar, or similar? I've been wondering about doing a winch.
Yes if u have Lux package, many of the aftermarket bumpers require you to relocate it

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

šŸ¤¢ solder tubers with direct flame. Glad it worked. I bought some tubers to try on my speakers I ended up using regular heat shrink crimps. Maybe the brand I got was garbage. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great DIY video especially for your first time.
I'm a big fan of the solder tubes but I also put shrink over them. This will still not be totally waterproof. You'd need a two way or three way Y shrink in order to do that. Or, give every connection a coat of liquid tape after shrinking.

This is less important in dry climates but if you're anywhere north of the mason dixon line these connections are going to get trashed from rain, snow, salt etc at the front of the vehicle. I'm expecting to have to repair some of the connections after a couple years, but should be easy enough considering they are relatively easy to get to.

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great DIY video especially for your first time.
I'm a big fan of the solder tubes but I also put shrink over them. This will still not be totally waterproof. You'd need a two way or three way Y shrink in order to do that. Or, give every connection a coat of liquid tape after shrinking.

This is less important in dry climates but if you're anywhere north of the mason dixon line these connections are going to get trashed from rain, snow, salt etc at the front of the vehicle. I'm expecting to have to repair some of the connections after a couple years, but should be easy enough considering they are relatively easy to get to.
I do have some liquid tape, may start using it. That stuff is a mess! šŸ˜„

Broncogirl13

Black Diamond
First Name
Kerri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Gran lusso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get a lot of questions on the forums about certain installs, this particular mod being one of them. My friend Jason Hamilton and I decided to make some videos as we do some of our upgrades. While this might seem simple for many, there are a lot of Bronco owners new to upgrading their rides, so I hope this will at least help a few people. FYI this is my first YouTube video, itā€™ll be a little rough.

Next on deck is installing Adaptive Cruise Control relocation, which is probably more useful for those of you with lux package looking to change out your front bumper.

This is super cool. A lot of work but wow the lights look great.

Sponsored

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vegas Bronco Rodeo crew of friends, end of March?

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes sir!!!
My buddy had the ZR2. We went off roading after the off roading. We chatted with you guys before they opened the gate.

I finally got my Bronco 2 weeks ago. Or a Bronco, someone's Bronco, one that had more features than my order had.

Nice video!

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My buddy had the ZR2. We went off roading after the off roading. We chatted with you guys before they opened the gate.

I finally got my Bronco 2 weeks ago. Or a Bronco, someone's Bronco, one that had more features than my order had.

Nice video!
Hell yeah man, I remember u guys. Congrats on snagging a Bronco!
Sponsored

Reactions: Kai