Sponsored

Order a new Toyota Tacoma, it's an eerily similar experience. (And, no, I did not.)

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hope I get my Bronco soon so I can sell mine. I have a 5 month old taco off road with 4k miles that I will be posting for sale. Has leather etc with skid/PPF with Icon/KO2's...

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope I get my Bronco soon so I can sell mine. I have a 5 month old taco off road with 4k miles that I will be posting for sale. Has leather etc with skid/PPF with Icon/KO2's...
I've always kinda wanted one, but not in place of the Bronc.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did Toyota tell Tacoma orderers that “your $100 reservation will hold your place in line”
Just sayin', we are not alone.

I am not a Ford apologist, but virtually all carmakers have constrained supply and ADM is something like 80% of sales. Admittedly, not 10 to 20k.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While we understand supply is short and blah blah we constantly see non res. folks getting scheduled high constrained builds ahead of people that have invested multiple years of time as well as money. If Ford went down the list in timestamp order and hit what was deemed build able I think many of us would be more understanding.

Montague19??

Base
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I looked into ordering another tacoma. It wasn't like the Bronco.
The salesman basically said it's broad strokes on what you want. A double cab 4wd w/V6, then pick 3 colors. They will contact you if the dealership receives a truck inside those parameters ( it could be a SR5, TRD, Unlimited, etc.).

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While there are some similarities, the Bronco release is in a league of it's own.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's generally such a crummy time now to be buying cars, I wonder why people are. I get why someone with a car breaking down, would be keen to get a new/used car, and maybe pay ADM/upcharge. But why are so many other people participating in the malarkey?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I looked into ordering another tacoma. It wasn't like the Bronco.
The salesman basically said it's broad strokes on what you want. A double cab 4wd w/V6, then pick 3 colors. They will contact you if the dealership receives a truck inside those parameters ( it could be a SR5, TRD, Unlimited, etc.).
Yep. My vehicle of choice before the Bronco was announced was going to be a TRD Pro. I called to order and they said they don't do orders. If one showed up in my color, they would call.

Never called.

Then the Bronco came out. Dodged a bullet!

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's generally such a crummy time now to be buying cars, I wonder why people are. I get why someone with a car breaking down, would be keen to get a new/used car, and maybe pay ADM/upcharge. But why are so many other people participating in the malarkey?
Ford Bronco Order a new Toyota Tacoma, it's an eerily similar experience. (And, no, I did not.) OIP

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold our house and all our cars after taking a 'dream job' overseas. COVID happens and we have to move back earlier than planned. Bought the wife a GX 460, which I am driving. Have deposit down for Bronco and Tundra. Have not heard anything on either.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm on that thread and i'm not sure these are apples to apples, we ordered a Bronco 10/25/21 and after the painful truth of over a year wait we ordered a Tacoma 12/2/21. I received my allocation 12/23/21 and then another month to actually receive our Tacoma on 2/4/22. We also ordered a Tacoma that wasn't easy to get, a TRD Offroad Premium with a manual.

Toyota dealers were much more helpful, knowlegable, and accomidating than the Ford dealers. The Ford dealers don't seem to give two craps if we get our Bronco or not. For me the Tacoma order was a smooth process without feeling like I was in limbo!

Ford Bronco Order a new Toyota Tacoma, it's an eerily similar experience. (And, no, I did not.) 1649775804352

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the slight parallels here but looking at the Toyota order process you don't get to choose every nitty gritty detail, nor are you "ordering" anything, you are requesting something vaguely setup the way you want.

Either way, it's supply chain issues and supply vs demand. Looking at sales numbers between the two they are similar but one is the hottest new SUV in years and the other is a long standing model.

I understand what Ford is doing though, they are NOT going to let potential builds sit unbuilt because there a pre-orders that are not buildable in front of them. They are a business, they are going to build what the can and hopefully fulfill orders when the parts are available to do so. It's the lack of communication/transparency there that people are upset with.... and I think people probably have too much info and therefor get enough rope to hang themselves. I don't poke around too much, but can you find out from any other brand when a vehicle is getting scheduled for production, going down the assembly line, modules being assigned to the VIN, shipping status, rail car status, truck transportation status?

Ford looks to be doing what they can by stopping the ability to add more orders to the queue and restricting the production of other vehicles to try and speed the process up. What else do you want them to do?
Sponsored