Sponsored

Order Date 1/7/22 and Reservation Date of 7/15/20 - What's a realistic delivery time frame?

grantredwine

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Courier and a 1953 Pontiac Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ordered through Galpin Ford in California and they are telling me 6 months to a year. From poking around on here that seems long. Can you fellas manage my expectations and help me out with reality checking that? Thanks ya'll and really enjoying this forum and planning out my build. I've already learned a ton!!!
Sponsored

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest factor will be dealer allocation followed by if you got a hard top.

There have been folks who ordered and got scheduled within a month. And there are folks on here north of 500 days waiting.

Ask your dealer how many orders they have, what their monthly allocation is, where your build falls in that order, and if you have a hard top.

OP
OP

grantredwine

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The biggest factor will be dealer allocation followed by if you got a hard top.

There have been folks who ordered and got scheduled within a month. And there are folks on here north of 500 days waiting.

Ask your dealer how many orders they have, what their monthly allocation is, where your build falls in that order, and if you have a hard top.

Awesome! Thanks. I will call them up tomorrow. I did order a two door hard top.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I understand the timeline . . . you placed your reservation way back in July of 2020 (as many of us did), but you didn't actually convert it to an ORDER until last week??

OP
OP

grantredwine

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure I understand the timeline . . . you placed your reservation way back in July of 2020 (as many of us did), but you didn't actually convert it to an ORDER until last week??
Yessir. That is correct. Life stuff was goin on and just got around to it. Hoping that first up res might bump me??

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yessir. That is correct. Life stuff was goin on and just got around to it. Hoping that first up res might bump me??
Oh, okay . . . man, that's tough, because you actually have a nice reservation timestamp, but your order date is so late I suppose that will cause some difficulty. Knownhuman is right about "dealer allocations" and constraints like the MIC (hard top), those issues will clearly impact delivery. If your dealer is already saying 6-12 months then that is what you can probably expect. My personal opinion is that because of your early timestamp it will be closer to 6 months than 12 at this point, with Ford manufacturing ramping up. Baring any unforeseen covid shutdowns, etc.

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had first day reservation but didn't convert until end of November. I've got a 2/7 build date. Dealer said that my reservation priority was no longer a thing since I never converted it for a 21 order but maybe it did play a role, or I just got super lucky. I've got a base 2.7 CO sasquach 2dr ordered. So excited.

OP
OP

grantredwine

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, okay . . . man, that's tough, because you actually have a nice reservation timestamp, but your order date is so late I suppose that will cause some difficulty. Knownhuman is right about "dealer allocations" and constraints like the MIC (hard top), those issues will clearly impact delivery. If your dealer is already saying 6-12 months then that is what you can probably expect. My personal opinion is that because of your early timestamp it will be closer to 6 months than 12 at this point, with Ford manufacturing ramping up. Baring any unforeseen covid shutdowns, etc.
Sounds reasonable! Thanks for the input.

OP
OP

grantredwine

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had first day reservation but didn't convert until end of November. I've got a 2/7 build date. Dealer said that my reservation priority was no longer a thing since I never converted it for a 21 order but maybe it did play a role, or I just got super lucky. I've got a base 2.7 CO sasquach 2dr ordered. So excited.
Congrats on that build happening so quick. Fingers crossed I have similar luck!

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

December 13, 2022 order date and was told by my dealership 5 months. I expect that to take longer based on my 2-door, hard top, tow package build. I did not have an early reservation.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody including your dealer that tries to give you a timeline has no real clue. It could be next scheduling or next year.

OP
OP

grantredwine

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anybody including your dealer that tries to give you a timeline has no real clue. It could be next scheduling or next year.
So there is no rhyme or reason to it? I got my priority changed to 10 and ordered through the largest (by volume) Ford dealer in the world Galpin Ford (assuming large allotment idk) and I have a reservation from 7/15/20. I have a hard time believing that none of that will help?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So there is no rhyme or reason to it? I got my priority changed to 10 and ordered through the largest (by volume) Ford dealer in the world Galpin Ford (assuming large allotment idk) and I have a reservation from 7/15/20. I have a hard time believing that none of that will help?
I have a very early 7/14 reservation at SAC and have seen similar high end builds with no reservation get scheduled within days of ordering. I have zero clue when my Bronco will be scheduled and all I know is I'm #16 in a big ole line of Badlands in front me me.

Reservations are pretty much meaningless for 2022 model year. I also strongly feel the entire system and all reservations that don't get scheduled this model year will be completely disregarded next year. Ford's just going to build what they want for what dealers they want to build for.

OP
OP

grantredwine

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a very early 7/14 reservation at SAC and have seen similar high end builds with no reservation get scheduled within days of ordering. I have zero clue when my Bronco will be scheduled and all I know is I'm #16 in a big ole line of Badlands in front me me.

Reservations are pretty much meaningless for 2022 model year. I also strongly feel the entire system and all reservations that don't get scheduled this model year will be completely disregarded next year. Ford's just going to build what they want for what dealers they want to build for.
SAC? Well here's to hoping and praying I guess. Patience is a virtue I suppose.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost the same as my order, just the color is different. I put my order in right at the beginning of the 2022 order bank opening in October and I haven't heard a thing. My res date is later than yours as this is my second order. None of it makes any sense.
Sponsored