Sponsored

Order next week - update to Special Edition when available?

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I waste a phone call to my dealer, I thought I'd ask here and get a more educated response.

I've been holding for Manual Sasquatch which is now here. BUT, I am intrigued by special editions that are apparently on the way, namely Heritage Edition. Do we expect that if we place an order for say a Badlands Sasquatch MT that we'd be able to edit the order (as long as it isn't into production yet) and add the Heritage package without disrupting things entirely? I have to assume that Heritage will be appearance only so it feels like this would be potentially possible - but who knows.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
heynow14

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks but I've read all of this and I do not see any indication of potential to edit an order to add a special edition/Heritage once it is available. That's the big deal for me...do I order now or am I forced to wait on Special Edition reveal?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before I waste a phone call to my dealer, I thought I'd ask here and get a more educated response.

I've been holding for Manual Sasquatch which is now here. BUT, I am intrigued by special editions that are apparently on the way, namely Heritage Edition. Do we expect that if we place an order for say a Badlands Sasquatch MT that we'd be able to edit the order (as long as it isn't into production yet) and add the Heritage package without disrupting things entirely? I have to assume that Heritage will be appearance only so it feels like this would be potentially possible - but who knows.

Thoughts?
my dealer said that that you only have a month to place your reorder so I am guessing you well need to place a order and you can make any changes later .Not sure what happen if you dont place a reorder .

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah they obviously want people to hold off on ordering so they can string along reservationists even longer.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I expect it to work like MY21. You can change anything before it gets scheduled. And you can keep it 99'ed if you want to guarantee it won't be scheduled before the special editions are announced.

I wouldn't assume the changes are just appearance. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe getting a special edition eliminates some of the options and packages you can get with the Badlands. But in any case I don't expect that to be relevant to whether you can change your order.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m thinking the special editions will
not be part of the reservation/ordering process such as we’ve been subjected to with MY21/22 Broncos. I’m thinking Ford will allocate certain quantities based on whatever the most unfair algorithm/formula possible in order to benefit large volume dealers, and will most effectively screw customers and small market dealerships.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a feeling part of the reason the special editions are being held off is they are trying to lock in all the reservations that are in "limbo" now to prevent people from moving an early reservation time stamp to a MY22 Heritage. I personally wouldn't be surprised at all if you are unable to change from a "standard" trim to the Heritage and that they create a new reservation line for them.

It is already assumed that the Raptor will follow the current F150 order process, which also eliminates the current reservation system.

At the end of the day though we don't know and wont know until next year.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get the impression the Heritage whatever will not be a package to be added. I assume it’ll be another “Edition” like the First Edition. Maybe I’m wrong. Hope I am. Makes too much sense to me if it was an appearance package therefore Ford isn’t going to do that.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought Heritage Edition wasn't coming in 22MY due to the white top thing?
Sponsored