CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked my dealer's orders. Looks like 157 Bronco orders, 28 with VIN. Just checking those with VINs I saw 23 with timestamps mostly 07/14 and a couple 15, 16, and a 7/23. The others seem to be dealer vehicles and a couple without listed timestamps but First Editions.
Are you just calling the dealership and they are sharing this information or are you using a different way?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I'll take the bait.... why?
Is there a theory that location matters?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless you have a First Edition, then you’re last.
I’m going to laugh my butt off if I get my Base before you get your FE!
that was uncalled for, I’m sorry for saying it!!!

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to laugh my butt off if I get my Base before you get your FE!
It is entirely possible, I don't think you completely understand the situation

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is entirely possible, I don't think you completely understand the situation
I understand it, that was just an entitled statement. I hope he gets his FE tomorrow but don’t be smug about it. I have a day 1 reservation and am glad to see anyone getting theires.

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time stamp only matters for your dealership, determining where you fall in their allocation. If they had all parts for all builds, then the time stamp would be huge.

But because of the commodity restraints (MIC, tow, etc), they’re scanning the time stamps, and if yours can’t be built (when you’re next in line) due to restraints, they move onto the next buildable order.

I believe total dealership allocations matter in the sense that they’ll probably first try to accommodate the dealerships with the largest allocations (reward them for having more orders than lesser dealerships)

but because the commodities change from week to week, and month to month, it’s a cluster, with no easy formula to predict when *your* specific build will be buildable.

I don’t like it one bit, but that’s where we are now. Sure changing your order to remove as many sins as possible *might* help, but there’s no way to know for sure how much (or little).
nope..time stamp works nationally, allocation to each dealership is based upon the timestamp and how many conversions the dealer made .I originally was 3rd at my first dealer..who received 23 allocations (non priority) , only the 2 priority units got build dates,..nobody else yet. I think there are 2 FE’s

meanwhile my current dealership has 120+ allocations and 35 have build dates.
My current dealer has lots and lots of first editions ( I passed on one the first night ) ..looks like 13 still don’t have build dates.

biggest commodity back order is the MIC top..in addition I have noticed not alot of badlands have build dates yet...they will have big runs when they do..as thats the most popular version of the Bronco. But other than the MIC top..commodities are ever changing. Right now it looks like they have enough of everything 2.7, LUX, SAS etc..maybe not enough of the sway bar disconnect mechanism..as those are only going to badlands and FE’s and those are not being built.

we have a ton of badlands and only 6 have build dates

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I understand it, that was just an entitled statement. I hope he gets his FE tomorrow but don’t be smug about it. I have a day 1 reservation and am glad to see anyone getting theires.
Well, I will just keep driving my Shelby while I wait. :cool:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has been said on this forum by ford employees that location is considered in the equation for two things: 1) batch delivery preference so that they're shipping multiple vehicles to the same geographic area, likely a full vehicle carrier, and 2) where there is a lot of competition (i.e. Jeeps and 4runners). The competition thing might be about dealership allocation numbers, but that in itself effects when/if someone gets a build date and vin.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

biggest commodity back order is the MIC top..in addition I have noticed not alot of badlands have build dates yet...they will have big runs when they do..as thats the most popular version of the Bronco. But other than the MIC top..commodities are ever changing. Right now it looks like they have enough of everything 2.7, LUX, SAS etc..maybe not enough of the sway bar disconnect mechanism..as those are only going to badlands and FE’s and those are not being built.

we have a ton of badlands and only 6 have build dates
I distinctly remember seeing a large number of badlands builds in the people like me that reported getting a build date in the 5/27 email.

Sponsored

Kniven3

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is mine. I first was given
Ford Bronco Order of Orders Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 10.48.37 PM
a build date of June 27th. On May 15th they changed it to July 5th

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Order what you want. If you drop some options like the hard top your bronco may be built 2 weeks sooner. But a year from now , the 2 weeks will not matter and you will be missing the options you passed on.
They are still going by time stamp and priority orders.
Most people with a order in will get a 21.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I distinctly remember seeing a large number of badlands builds in the people like me that reported getting a build date in the 5/27 email.
could be ..can’t remember, but im on a group buy, we are tracking our build dates, and not many badlands getting built yet.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, they are sending them to the South first because they know the warm weather in the North ends in October so Bronco owners won't be able to enjoy them.

Ford is trying to get ahead of the threads on here saying, "Great, I have my Bronco now, but it's too damn cold and I can't do anything with it."

They'll start shipping to the North again in Q2-2022. They know their customers better than we do.

:cautious:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nope..time stamp works nationally, allocation to each dealership is based upon the timestamp and how many conversions the dealer made .
Nope, that was what Ford had stated when taking money for reservations, later they added allocations and those are the first item that must be satisfied. That turned one big line into 3000 smaller lines. Ford goes to the next allocation on their list, don't forget, dealers are their actual customers, and then looks at time stamps for only that dealer when looking for a possible build. Once they fill (whatever number of allocations they decide to fill for that dealer in the round), then they move to the next dealer with an allocation on their list. Of course there are less constrained items available at that point, so the first six dealers on the list might get two BL's each while the seventh dealer gets none (instead getting a less complicated build), regardless of if the time stamp of the BL orders at the seventh dealer might be earlier than all of the first six. That is why there will be many later reservation orders filled before all the early ones. If they went time stamp first, the allocations would be meaningless as they would all get filled in time-stamp order. Thus some dealers with an oversized share of early reservations would get most orders filled while other dealers get only a couple. Allocations were added to spread them around geographically despite time stamps. Dealers like Granger with big numbers of orders will be the last of the reservation orders to be built. It is how Ford rewarded their traditional bigger dealers without having them have to compete as hard for the sales.
Sponsored

Last edited: