Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry if this is a duplicate post!

We went in and ordered our Bronco Badlands on January 22, financing was approved and order was submitted to Ford on January 25, 2021. However when I go into my Ford account, it still says it's a reservation, and the dealer will contact us to order.

I emailed the salesman, and he says this has to do with Ford, and it will probably switch over once they start building our bronco.

Any insight to this? I know I've been seeing people post their order confirmations on forums after placing their order. Did we miss a step? I don't officially have any confirmation that the order has been placed, just the Salesman saying it's been submitted and Ford received. Does Ford send out the confirmation orders? Does the dealer need to update something in the system? I understand that there's a lot of orders being submitted right now, so it's understandable if there's a backlog. Was just curious if anyone has experienced this!

Thanks! :)
Sorry if this is a duplicate post!

We went in and ordered our Bronco Badlands on January 22, financing was approved and order was submitted to Ford on January 25, 2021. However when I go into my Ford account, it still says it's a reservation, and the dealer will contact us to order.

I emailed the salesman, and he says this has to do with Ford, and it will probably switch over once they start building our bronco.

Any insight to this? I know I've been seeing people post their order confirmations on forums after placing their order. Did we miss a step? I don't officially have any confirmation that the order has been placed, just the Salesman saying it's been submitted and Ford received. Does Ford send out the confirmation orders? Does the dealer need to update something in the system? I understand that there's a lot of orders being submitted right now, so it's understandable if there's a backlog. Was just curious if anyone has experienced this!

Thanks! :)
Kind of surprised about the financing since it's going to be 6 months or more before delivery.
Seems a little strange.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, financing was submitted the Friday before, and order placed on the following Monday. Or so the salesperson said.
That’s odd that they would do anything with financing now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Remember this tho, that credit app you filled out, will be null and void by time Bronco gets here, so needless hit on your credit.

Second why would the dealer care? If Bronco arrives and you can't get credit, that thing will be SOLD before you walk out the door. So it's pointless to apply now.
Perhaps things are done differently in Canada? I'd be concerned about running my credit now if it were a hard inquiry. It could be enough to move you down a tier depending how close to the line you are and cost more to borrow.

OP
OP
COBadlands2021
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F250, 2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s odd that they would do anything with financing now.
I’m not paying anything. Like I didn’t sign a contract saying I’m paying. We took it as they wanted to see we were capable of paying for it before ordering.

OP
OP
COBadlands2021
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps things are done differently in Canada? I'd be concerned about running my credit now if it were a hard inquiry. It could be enough to move you down a tier depending how close to the line you are and cost more to borrow.
For sure, I totally understand that. Maybe it was to lock in the rate, like we wouldn’t have to run it again when it comes in cause it’s already approved. Again, I don’t know anything about the financing side of it. My last vehicle I bought was in the yard. So maybe it was done wrong running the pre approval. ?‍♀

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not paying anything. Like I didn’t sign a contract saying I’m paying. We took it as they wanted to see we were capable of paying for it before ordering.
Maybe it’s different in Canada. It would normally not be done here with such uncertainty of when the vehicle would be available for purchase. Maybe your dealer didn’t think you could afford it?

OP
OP
COBadlands2021
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it’s different in Canada. It would normally not be done here with such uncertainty of when the vehicle would be available for purchase. Maybe your dealer didn’t think you could afford it?
It’s very possible. ?

Hailey Jo

Badlands
First Name
Hailey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haileyjohnson.realtor
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford F-150, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this is what my reservation page says on the site. I don’t know if the deposit + pre approval is dealer specific ?‍♀ I don’t know if my location has anything to do with that either. Located in Canada
D192578D-D8B8-4EEC-8C5C-7F98C07DBBF4.png
I think I would call your dealership tomorrow. "Reservation Date" seems worrisome that they have not pushed your order through, but I don't know for sure.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds wrong.

Food for thought but one reason you may not have received an email or confirmation is that the dealer entered your order as a NEW retail order (which is not tied to your reservation). What I mean is they could have started a whole new order for you as if you walked off the street to order a new Explorer (not a Bronco which needs a reservation). For the a Bronco to be ordered correctly and sent in with your time stamp (and tied to your ford account so you get an email), they should be entering and building your order off of their ‘list of reservations” by clicking on your name/res # on that list and then Starting the build from there. If they started the build like a normal non Bronco order, you may have a submitted order and the dealer thinks they submitted an order but it is a) not tied to your res/timestamp so it won’t get built based on your time stamp and b) not tied to your ford accounts so you therefore don’t get an email. This is a watch out for some who think they have an order as I’d hate to find out after 3/19 my dealer F’d up and entered it this way, as you;ll be SOL.
A few days ago I messaged and asked my salesmen to look into it, he said the order is in and it’s all good, I have the sheet with my build and codes on it saying it’s a 2021, I’ll ask them again and tell them what you just told me and see what they say.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For sure, I totally understand that. Maybe it was to lock in the rate, like we wouldn’t have to run it again when it comes in cause it’s already approved. Again, I don’t know anything about the financing side of it. My last vehicle I bought was in the yard. So maybe it was done wrong running the pre approval. ?‍♀
I’m in Canada, Newfoundland, I didn’t need to do a rate check, I just paid $500 and they ordered the bronco and I got a copy of the order sheet but no email.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was the same yesterday and I was concerned. I placed the order (or sent the PDF, rather) over a week ago and up until yesterday it still showed as reserve only. I didn't fret too much, knowing there were issues with the order side of things on Ford's end and probably a large work load on the dealer side of things.
Then yesterday it showed the order on Ford, but it was for the model I reserved, not what I had on the pdf.
So again, concerned.
Then last night at some point it updated and all is well.
Hopefully yours will also straighten out soon for some peace of mind.

OP
OP
COBadlands2021
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update! Called the dealer this morning. Confirmed it’s ordered. Switched it over to in store order so it shows up on the website now.
Also asked about the financing... they said that it’s their policy due to people coming in and ordering vehicles and then the financing not going through when the vehicle comes in. Thanks everyone for the feedback! Freely appreciated! Dealer said we’re #3 on their list of ordered. :)
Ford Bronco Order Placed but still says reservation 34A6F344-54D8-41E5-9A3E-A20AFB2807EF
Sponsored